Werner Herzog Collection (7 films) - $11.48 @ BestBuy.com

Dragon164z

CAGiversary!
http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=206535...Id=6854371&st=Box_Set_Sale_20100606&lp=1&cp=1

Includes 7 films:

Even Dwarfs Started Small (1970)
Fata Morgana (1971)
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser (1975)
Heart of Glass (1976)
Stroszek (1977)
Lektionen in Finsternis (1992)
Little Dieter Needs to Fly (1997)

Comes with a Special 16 Page Booklet. Most of the films include an audio commentary with Werner Herzog and other extras. (Anchor Bay Entertainment)

$8.99 + $2.49 Standard Shipping = $11.48 (+ tax in applicable areas)

Some people on the Amazon page have reported problems with Fata Morgana, either with it not playing correctly or being missing entirely. Supposedly in these instances Anchor Bay Entertainment has quickly shipped replacement discs to the customers, but it's something to keep in mind. If you order the set and find a problem, report it here and you should receive a replacement.

FYI Netflix customers, all of these discs are available from Netflix but none of them are currently available to Watch Instantly. I know that Little Dieter Needs to Fly used to be, and I believe several other were also, but not at this time.

(via SlickDeals Forums)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I paid $35 or so for this through Amazon a few months ago and was delighted to get it that cheap. It was totally worth it then, but this is crazy.

Anybody got there's yet? I didn't get a chance to order it till after it was backordered, and now I feel like it might never come. :(
I just watched Aguirre, Wrath of God tonight. I want more!

The last email I got from Best Buy said:

"The item(s) listed below is still not yet available to be shipped. We will notify you as soon as the item becomes available."

It will come. Eventually... :bouncy:

Huh, wish I'd seen this earlier. Oh well, order placed and backordered. Hard to tell whether I'll get it or not, since I'm probably way down the backorder list at this point, but worth a try. Thanks OP!

Too bad they don't have the Herzog/Kinski set cheap as well, I've wanted to pick that one up for a while.

So I finally got my set today. I was worried that my copy wouldn't have Fata Morgana, but lo and behold, it was there and it works just fine. Awesome deal.

I received mine last week, here it is!

photo1-1.jpg

:whee:

bread's done
Back