UPDATE: Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360 $16.54 @ Amazon

[quote name='Doomed']Call of Duty 4 > all other Call of Duty games (except maybe 2, I've heard that one is good as well)[/QUOTE]

United Offensive for PC was my favorite.

The amazon reviewers mentioned the code is no longer there. As to why, I could only imagine that since MW2 came out there was no more need to push that offer.

I heard Activision just stopped putting them in there without any notice.

What's the point of a GOTY edition if it has absolutely nothing extra with it anymore?

[quote name='Mazakrov']I heard Activision just stopped putting them in there without any notice.

What's the point of a GOTY edition if it has absolutely nothing extra with it anymore?[/QUOTE]
Activision likes scamming people. Seriously, I think they could get sued for this, but no one really cares. Those greedy douche bags.
The game is still worth the price, but it's just f'ed up that they would still have 'GOTY Edition' on the cover, yet not include anything extra. They clearly wanted to trick people into thinking it had extras because they could have easily changed the cover back to the regular one. When you see games like UC2 that have won numerous GOTYs, they say something along the lines of 'Winner of _ GOTY awards', not GOTY Edition with nothing to differentiate it from the original.

[quote name='kaydigi']United Offensive for PC was my favorite.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MoonSpoon']By far the best. I miss those multiplayer days.[/QUOTE]

I still play this on a lan with some of my friends. Lot of user created maps out there.

That sucks about the maps not being in it. Not sure I'd want to buy it knowing id have to spend more on maps. Anyone know how many map packs have to be purchased to be up to date and how much they cost?

[quote name='Doomed']Call of Duty 4 > all other Call of Duty games (except maybe 2, I've heard that one is good as well)[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty 2 was freakin awesome! the multiplayer and the single player, sigh i miss those days of playing it LAN with my roommates. was hilarious with only 4 people in some of the maps. kept you on your toes the whole time.

rage quit from hosts leads to game ending, no fun there

[quote name='mitnosi']That sucks about the maps not being in it. Not sure I'd want to buy it knowing id have to spend more on maps. Anyone know how many map packs have to be purchased to be up to date and how much they cost?[/QUOTE]

only 1 map pack (the variety map pack) and its 800ms points ($10)

[quote name='EarthKing']Why does the GOTY doesn't include the maps anymore?[/QUOTE]

Put simply? Because Activision made more money by charging $10 for it rather than giving it away free even years after the variety map pack was released. Personally? I don't think the maps are worth it. The ones that come with the game are more than enough. COD4 is still the best COD in my eyes.

[quote name='kaydigi']United Offensive for PC was my favorite.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Ha yea thats a great game alright.

GotY versions are just made to sell more copies and make the game sound better to Joe Consumer at Walmart.

Anyway, great price on a great game, plenty of people still play online.

Think I might just bite on this. I really disliked how batshit insane (Read: Un-playable and unfun) IW made MW2's multi.

Activision considers the map pack code to be an extra perk not an included item and they put a sticker on the game to advertise that it's there but after a few months they always go away.

bread's done
Back