Skate 3 (360) - $47.00 @ Amazon

Just a warning about those thinking about buying this game - the online is severely broken. Be prepared for tons of lag and connection error messages. Plus the design of the new city is incredibly dull compared to the older Skate games.

I couldn't take it so I traded off my copy. A shame because I loved Skate 2 and was expecting great things from 3. Now I'm back to playing Skate 2 again. :p

is it weird that im completely uninterested in this, considering i loved the CRAP out of the first 2?

i think because i really dont have ANY complaints about skate 2.. i don't see a need to improve on it at all, so im fine just holding onto that and popping it in every now and then when im in the mood.

maybe after what tony hawk turned into, im just hesitant to get sucked in.

[quote name='smoger']is it weird that im completely uninterested in this, considering i loved the CRAP out of the first 2?

i think because i really dont have ANY complaints about skate 2.. i don't see a need to improve on it at all, so im fine just holding onto that and popping it in every now and then when im in the mood.

maybe after what tony hawk turned into, im just hesitant to get sucked in.[/QUOTE]

Im the same way. I loved the fact that in the first two you could pick your own sponsors and there was only one difficulty level. Skate 3 has its good improvements but there are things that I liked more in Skate 2, including the security guards that would chase you.

[quote name='norkusa']Just a warning about those thinking about buying this game - the online is severely broken. Be prepared for tons of lag and connection error messages. Plus the design of the new city is incredibly dull compared to the older Skate games.

I couldn't take it so I traded off my copy. A shame because I loved Skate 2 and was expecting great things from 3. Now I'm back to playing Skate 2 again. :p[/QUOTE]

I love Skate 3 so that's pretty disappointing to hear! But thanks for the heads up! That'll save me some cash.

Skate 3 had literally no buzz surrounding it, I mean everyone thinks EA rushed to release a 3rd title anyways. Skate 2 was great but so far judging by the demo Skate 3 just seems like Skate 2 with hardly any improvements. EA should have taken their sweet time with Skate 3 instead of popping out a new title a year after Skate 2 as if this is just another sports title.

bread's done
Back