Metroid Other M preorder bonus at Gamestop.com

[quote name='confoosious']I'm very tempted to get this. I'd preorder in store but those stupid bastards can't ever get their preorder bonuses right.[/QUOTE]

Thats because they take stuff home to keep or sell on ebay.

Ive stood there and seen them give away bonus stuff to their friends or to other customers just because they ask for one. Was picking up street fighter 4 special edition (the last game I ever bought from them) and was in line and people saw the bandanas sitting on the counter for pre orders and asking if they could have one, so the guy was just handing them to people like they were candy, giving people 2 if they wanted and I dont think I saw one person even buy the game.

If you're pre-ordering from Gamestop, pre-order online. Pre-ordering in store seems to be hit or miss when it comes to actually getting your pre-order items, though I'm not sure how they can get away with that. If they are advertising that pre-order will get you the item, then it seems to me it's false advertising if you don't actually receive the items.

The last time I preordered the Metroid Triology in order to get the T-shirt and Poster, they ended up refusing to honor the Poster because of sending too many to in-store and they were giving them away... Really pissed me off (though they did give a $10 coupon if you complained even if you canceled)

I will hope for Amazon to get equivalent or maybe better since I already preordered Other M since the ECA stacking last year lol.

[quote name='crunchewy']If you're pre-ordering from Gamestop, pre-order online. Pre-ordering in store seems to be hit or miss when it comes to actually getting your pre-order items, though I'm not sure how they can get away with that. If they are advertising that pre-order will get you the item, then it seems to me it's false advertising if you don't actually receive the items.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has never really been concerned with false advertising. I gave them my money for the last time with 3D Dot Heroes. Why would I want a $10 credit that can't be used with any other offer? Stupid.

It's Amazon or B&M for me from now on.

Ordering online gives me a beter change of receiving the preorder bonus? Also, will the preorder bonus be listed on the receipt if I wanted to return the game instore?

Unfortunately, ordering on-line tend to make you worry about the condition of the bonus items when they're shipped... The BlazBlue artbook was a little messed up (definitely from shipping).

My take? Pre-order from a B&M that you can trust!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Ordering online gives me a beter change of receiving the preorder bonus? Also, will the preorder bonus be listed on the receipt if I wanted to return the game instore?[/QUOTE]

Whatever you do Flame, stay away from the Clocktower GS on Atlantic Ave.

[quote name='Serpentor']Whatever you do Flame, stay away from the Clocktower GS on Atlantic Ave.[/QUOTE]

Why? I usually go to the GS on Cross Bay BLVD.

Most Metroid related items end up being worth quite a bit anyway so I'm sure a lot of people can make up the possible lack of no bonus credit by selling the cards.

[quote name='Serpentor']Whatever you do Flame, stay away from the Clocktower GS on Atlantic Ave.[/QUOTE]
Cobra la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!!!

[quote name='crunchewy']If you're pre-ordering from Gamestop, pre-order online. Pre-ordering in store seems to be hit or miss when it comes to actually getting your pre-order items, though I'm not sure how they can get away with that. If they are advertising that pre-order will get you the item, then it seems to me it's false advertising if you don't actually receive the items.[/QUOTE]
They always quote that pre-order bonus is only while supply lasts.

The fact is that most of the time supply < pre-order quantity.

What's up with that store? The manager lost his mojo?

[quote name='gargus']Thats because they take stuff home to keep or sell on ebay.

Ive stood there and seen them give away bonus stuff to their friends or to other customers just because they ask for one. Was picking up street fighter 4 special edition (the last game I ever bought from them) and was in line and people saw the bandanas sitting on the counter for pre orders and asking if they could have one, so the guy was just handing them to people like they were candy, giving people 2 if they wanted and I dont think I saw one person even buy the game.[/QUOTE]

do you need me to call the waaaaaaambulance?

dude. who cares. stop crying. just because you dont make friends w/ gamestop employees doesnt mean others dont ;) i cant remember the last time i had to preorder anything to get the bonus

[quote name='lobito72']A set of cards? Really?! How about a $20 gc or credit? Looks like it will be Walmart once again.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I rather take a gift card over a pack of crappy cards or EXCLUSIVE CODE FOR EXCLUSIVE ONLINE MAPS SO THE ONLINE COMMUNITY IS SPLIT UP HORRIBLY or anything else like that

[quote name='postulio']i cant remember the last time i had to preorder anything to get the bonus[/QUOTE]
They're called preorder bonuses for a reason. Seeing as how you didn't preorder & instead get them due to some slimeball of a friend, you don't deserve them.

Hell, let's go back to 2006 or whenever Castlevania PoR was released. An awesome Gamestop preorder bonus for once. Lots of people preordered for that book & guess what? Assholes like you & your buddy taking them to sell on eBay or whatever the hell you do with them instead of someone WHO PREORDERED THE GODDAMN THING.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']They're called preorder bonuses for a reason. Seeing as how you didn't preorder & instead get them due to some slimeball of a friend, you don't deserve them.

Hell, let's go back to 2006 or whenever Castlevania PoR was released. An awesome Gamestop preorder bonus for once. Lots of people preordered for that book & guess what? Assholes like you & your buddy taking them to sell on eBay or whatever the hell you do with them instead of someone WHO PREORDERED THE GODDAMN THING.[/QUOTE]

That preorder bonus was sweet! My store ran out, but I ended up getting one last year!

[quote name='postulio']do you need me to call the waaaaaaambulance?

dude. who cares. stop crying. just because you dont make friends w/ gamestop employees doesnt mean others dont ;) i cant remember the last time i had to preorder anything to get the bonus[/QUOTE]
That's pretty unfair to everyone who actually had to pre-order to get what they wanted...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']That preorder bonus was sweet! My store ran out, but I ended up getting one last year![/QUOTE]

that was the reason you should stay away from the Clocktower GS. When i pre-ordered the PoR DS game there, they didn't even save the bonus item... They either gave away by mistake or "stolen" by the employees. I know you go to the one on Howard Beach, it's a better GS, i got my SFIV CE for the PS3 there (they actually let people buy them after the "pre-order holding" period is over).

[quote name='Serpentor']that was the reason you should stay away from the Clocktower GS. When i pre-ordered the PoR DS game there, they didn't even save the bonus item... They either gave away by mistake or "stolen" by the employees. I know you go to the one on Howard Beach, it's a better GS, i got my SFIV CE for the PS3 there (they actually let people buy them after the "pre-order holding" period is over).[/QUOTE]

I live in Howard Beach, so it is much more local for me anyway. I also know the manager, so next time I stop in- I have to see if I can have one on hold if I reserve.

The three GameStop's at Queens Center are pretty blah too. The ones in Manhattan are pretty good though.

I have every Metroid preorder bonus since Metroid Prime 1!

Now this is the type of preorder bonus I prefer.

I already pre-order during a previous sale. Does anyone know if GS will give the bonus automatically or do I need to call.

I still have the lithograph/pretty picure that Circuit City gave you when you bought Metroid Prime for the GC. I also picked up the GBA Metroid game (I think it was Fusion) so that I could get the second litho/pic:bouncy:.

Give me a tangible goodie over dlc any day of the week. There's nothing quite like the rush of showing/hiding your nerd stuff to/from those non-gaming people in your life;).

Besides, you just know the dlc would have been included in the game if retailers hadn't gotten away from giving us real stuff. See the Transformers exclusives to understand how really pissed I am about exclusive dlc:bomb:

[quote name='rbarba4']
Besides, you just know the dlc would have been included in the game if retailers hadn't gotten away from giving us real stuff. See the Transformers exclusives to understand how really pissed I am about exclusive dlc:bomb:[/QUOTE]

This x 100. If you're a big developer and GameStop doesn't stock your game.. you're pretty much screwed. So they just weasel out game content that would have normally been free so they can label it a "GameStop exclusive." :roll:

I want the bonus but don't wanna buy the game full price... I get the feeling the gameplay is going to be sketchy, at best.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I live in Howard Beach, so it is much more local for me anyway. I also know the manager, so next time I stop in- I have to see if I can have one on hold if I reserve.

The three GameStop's at Queens Center are pretty blah too. The ones in Manhattan are pretty good though.

I have every Metroid preorder bonus since Metroid Prime 1![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Queens Center ones are a total mess, esp the one above the food court. Too many little kids.

[quote name='Vinny']I want the bonus but don't wanna buy the game full price... I get the feeling the gameplay is going to be sketchy, at best.[/QUOTE]

See if any of the current GS codes work on pre-orders.

I pre-ordered to get Alan Wake LE and Metroid O.M. earlier in the year when they had the 25% of $100 code (which was working on pre-orders back then).

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']This x 100. If you're a big developer and GameStop doesn't stock your game.. you're pretty much screwed. So they just weasel out game content that would have normally been free so they can label it a "GameStop exclusive." :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand why they do it, but it still sucks.

I've already ordered M:OM through Amazon with my $20 credit from SMG2 ... but, I really want this art folio.

If I cancel my order at Amazon, will that $20 credit drop back into my account? Or will it be gone forever?

[quote name='lutherjw']I've already ordered M:OM through Amazon with my $20 credit from SMG2 ... but, I really want this art folio.

If I cancel my order at Amazon, will that $20 credit drop back into my account? Or will it be gone forever?[/QUOTE]

as long as the expiration date of the smg2 hasn't expired, it should go right back to your account.

I'm going to preorder this. I love metroid series. However, a few years back I needed cash and sold my lithos from fusion and prime. What kills me is I also sold an E3 Swag Samus Pin and it sold for $150 bucks. I was shocked. Now I wish I still had all those items.

I'm still proud that I was able to pass Metroid Fusion with 1%. That was fucking hard to do.

[quote name='Estebon']
I'm still proud that I was able to pass Metroid Fusion with 1%. That was fucking hard to do.[/QUOTE]

That's a heck of alot better than me.

My copy is still in its shrinkwrap.

It's one of those titles in my mountain of shame.

I'll play it one of these days, honest:D. And when I do, I'll hook up my GC for Metroid Prime & break out the GBA (this was the title that had the interconnectivity right)

[quote name='Tony208']Yeah, the Queens Center ones are a total mess, esp the one above the food court. Too many little kids.[/QUOTE]

I generally find that the Long Island and Manhattan stores are pretty good.

Preordering online can be iffy too. Plenty of times I've not received my preorder bonus and I email them about it and they don't give a damn. This usually happens when I do free shipping or use a coupon. Back when they used to give out REAL bonuses BEFORE the game was released I only preordered when they actually had the item in the store to make sure I got it.

[quote name='CaoPi']eh wonder how many metroid games we will get for Wii? no more pin balls?[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Metroid: Other M are the only original Metroid games for Wii. Metroid Prime Trilogy was just an enhanced port, so I don't count it.

the metroid trilogy from gamestop came with a pretty cool shirt as a preorder bonus. However, "they ran out" when I went to get my copy.....told them amazon now has my business.

[quote name='lobito72']A set of cards? Really?! How about a $20 gc or credit? Looks like it will be Walmart once again.[/QUOTE]
Is the $20 GC at walmart online only or will it also be available for pick up at stores?

[quote name='Master Sword']Is the $20 GC at walmart online only or will it also be available for pick up at stores?[/QUOTE]

it's also at amazon.com, and k-mart but in store, but by walmart and amazon a online thing only

bread's done
Back