Demon's Souls Strategy Guide

viisual

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone know if this can be purchased separately, or want to sell/trade me personally?

I really don't want to re-invest 50-60$ on a deluxe/black phantom edition to charge through this incredibly difficult game... nor do I want to learn it all on my own either, but I'll try if I must.

First level took me 5 hours to pass. Oi.

Online Guides:
3rd Party Wiki
Atlus Wiki
GameFAQs
IGN

Last edited by a moderator:
you can check the trading section, i gave one away like 3 weeks ago...

as far as the actual guide though, youre best off just reading online or figuring it out, most of what the guide says is the same as what you'll find online, and theres nothing really to help you since Demon Souls is a do or die game, not a lets read a guide to figure it out game =P

good luck, it was only at initial release and then in the deluxe edition. My brand new one is sitting in the basement.

Check the wiki and read. You will find that it wont take you 5 hours to complete levels if you treat it like real life.

The thread here on CAG is great in itself.

Good luck, its a great game.

I have an extra guide I got with my Limited Edition. The only problem is that it's missing the cover because they had a printing problem and they replaced it with one that doesn't smudge the ink on the covers. PM me if interested for a trade or whatever.

The guide DEFINITELY helps when playing through this beast. I have no idea how I would have gotten through the first time without it.

Hey OP, this might be completely obvious to everyone else, but I struggled my ass off getting through the first few levels of this game, and then I had a chance to take it online, and holy shit what a difference. It's a lot easier! Where I was living, the internet usage was pretty tight, so I was not able to use it for gaming very often.
Try online as much as possible.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/ This should help you with upgrades/character developement/item locations/boss strategies, not sure about maps, never needed those. Good luck and don't give up! The game gets much cooler (exempt the red baby swamp monster things fuck I hated those!)

the wiki is it. I barely used my guide due to the wiki.

I really enjoyed my game though and didnt struggle enarly as much as claimed in the begining. I loved this game and sadly the guide is a rarity.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Isn't this guide, even the one with the smudging ink, still worth like $60-100 though?

Why yes, yes it is: http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=demons%20souls%20strategy%20guide&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

Lowest auction was $50. Just a heads up for those with this lying around who might wanna make some scratch on selling their copy.[/QUOTE]
HOLY HELL.
Thanks! I'm willing to trade/sell it still if there's a decent offer. The main problem with my extra copy is that it's missing the cover. I had to send it in to Atlus for the replacement. It's the same exact strategy guide but just missing the front.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']HOLY HELL.
Thanks! I'm willing to trade/sell it still if there's a decent offer. The main problem with my extra copy is that it's missing the cover. I had to send it in to Atlus for the replacement. It's the same exact strategy guide but just missing the front.[/QUOTE]
That's why I mentioned it, since I figured those with it just lying around might wanna make as much as the cost of a new release game for selling something they're no longer using.;)

That's also why I was really considering buying the UK version of the Special Edition, which comes with a hardcover version of the guide.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why I mentioned it, since I figured those with it just lying around might wanna make as much as the cost of a new release game for selling something they're no longer using.;)

That's also why I was really considering buying the UK version of the Special Edition, which comes with a hardcover version of the guide.[/QUOTE]

Got UK version today the guide is NOT hardcover.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why I mentioned it, since I figured those with it just lying around might wanna make as much as the cost of a new release game for selling something they're no longer using.;)

That's also why I was really considering buying the UK version of the Special Edition, which comes with a hardcover version of the guide.[/QUOTE]

that's the artbook that's hardcover, i think

I have one of the original guides with a missing cover and ink issues. I traded a less than month old copy of Heavy Rain for it and would hope for a similar trade now. PM me if interested.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm so surprised someone hasn't made like a PDF of the guide by now =)

Having a guide in hand would be awesome, as the last game I can remember playing with a guide like that was... FF7? (Had to get everything done). But there is always the internet guides as well.

bread's done
Back