Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Game Guide) $0.27 BestBuy.com

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Dang it! AWESOME find, and I would have ordered it right now, but with $5 S&H and no stores near me carrying it, I'll have to pass.[/quote]

why not have it for instore pickup

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']luckily, one of the stores near me had it for in-store pick-up[/quote]

Same here, the new BB down the street still had one. Thanks OP...

Is it possible to place an order and have someone in the family pick it up? There's some guides available for pickup at my local store, but I'm 3,000 miles away from it right now :(

you have 8 days to pick up an in store order, you have to have the cc you ordered with, your order number, and your state ID

still at 5 bucks its a good buy. Would been a super buy at 27 cents (only place around here is Komomo or something like that)

i would buy it but i got a walkthough off gamefaqs and already 80% done . If you just got the game could be a great buy

then again i paid 5 for the P.brave book at Ebgames so i might buy this if it wasnt BACKORDERED

[quote name='dago2727']Just ordered on with In-Store Pickup. A smooth $.29. I wish they had the X-Men Legends guide for $.01 in stock.[/quote]

$.29? Man, your tax is a killer, mine was $.28... :D

Yeah, I agree on the X-Men Legends, there's one at another close BB, but I can't add it to my cart to pick it up...

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='dago2727']Just ordered on with In-Store Pickup. A smooth $.29. I wish they had the X-Men Legends guide for $.01 in stock.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree on the X-Men Legends, there's one at another close BB, but I can't add it to my cart to pick it up...[/quote]

Sometimes when that don't have the add to cart (not available for in store pickup) they are out of stock. Happened last month with the Star Ocean 1cent guide. My Best Buy looked like it had it in stock because it was bold but when I got there they were completely out.

i just ordered one that i hope someone will pick up for me down there :) going to call the store first before calling someone. IF they store dont have it maybe i will be able to get it shipped for free

[quote name='dago2727']Just ordered on with In-Store Pickup. A smooth $.29. I wish they had the X-Men Legends guide for $.01 in stock.[/quote]

Ack, I didn't realize Legends had dropped, I was just in a BB the other day, and they had that guide, I think.

Try and order 3 of them. If you thought $5 shipping was bad, try $15 for three books!

Yeah... 'handling'... what is this? Ebay??

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='dago2727']Just ordered on with In-Store Pickup. A smooth $.29. I wish they had the X-Men Legends guide for $.01 in stock.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree on the X-Men Legends, there's one at another close BB, but I can't add it to my cart to pick it up...[/quote]

Damn, looks like I have to cancel my order because I paid that extra cent. Maybe you could pick me ujp one for $.28 and we can do a trade!
:lol:

well got the stupid item is not at store email (glad i didnt call my cousin to run 40 miles to pick them up) Now the item is backordered but its still on the webpage so hopefully they will ship in 5 to 7 days

Dont count on it though : (

also Noticed that is the OFFICAL nintendo power book

so maybe it will ship (since Nintendo is still making them it shouldnt be hard to get)

Thanks OP, got in on one for instore pickup. Hope they actually have one there, as I don't remember seeing it last time I was in...

My Best Buy has them in-stock, so I ordered it. This is serendipitous since I just started playing this fun game last week! Though they did charge me .02 for sales tax! :wink:

Just got back from BB -- there was an employee w/ the list of guides that had dropped. I was able to pick up one of each that they had.

Here's the list (might be incomplete, since I only got what he pointed out and didn't get to see the actual list):

$0.27:
Paper Mario

$0.01:
X-Men Legends
Killzone
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf
NFL Street 2

Sweet, KH:COH guide dropped too, I can't wait to pick that up as well.

Too bad Stupid BB just told me that they don't have any of the Paper Mario guides in stockl at my store. I could have told them that, but thought I'd take a chance anyhow. Just placed another order at another local store, so we'll see if that one comes through.

:roll:

Got Paper Mario and X-Men for $0.30. Thanks, OP. I hate to rent games to evaluate whether I want to buy them, because if I want them it effectively adds $6 to their purchase price. I've been thinking about both these games; flipping through the se cheapass guides to get a sense of how the games play (while trying to avoid spoilers!) seems like a much better use of money. Thanks, OP.

Picked up Paper Mario guide for in-store pickup (theoretically), though the rest were a wash.

EDIT: Had the email come across that my order is ready for pickup, and I found a store with MA2 & Killzone guides that they're holding for me. Rest of the guides (only trying to find KH:CoM & X-Men Legends) have been a bit of a wash.

Bestbuy screws me again!
After telling me that the guide was available in nearby stores, I placed an order at the one. Get back an email from BB, "Item not found in store." So I place an order for pickup at the other. "Item not found in store."

How do they expect me to be a good devil customer if they can't deliver my goods?

Now it is time for me to call BB customer service and waste more of their money. "I demand satisfaction!" :twisted:

here hoping that all the backorders ship. Sadly i think they will cancell them not really worth their time trying to fill orders for 27 cents. They should be able to fill them though since nintendo is still making the guides.

I wonder if they cancell the orders can you complain and say that the items can still be grabbed even if they refuse to get them from nintendo?

I've got printouts of the Paper Mario and Xmen Legends prices — going to take them to Circuit City and try to PM. Wish me luck!

Just went to BB at lunch and picked up the Paper Mario guide. The customer service lady kept staring at the 28 cent total and then back at me, and then the total. I thought for a second she was going to give me some static about it but then she finally handed me my card back and out I went. I can't believe I just charged 28 cents onto my credit card.

When I went in store to pick up my guide they handed me the actual game, unfortunetly I have morals and let them know of the mistake, but I could have had the game for 27 cents.

Just had my fun conversation with BB Customer service. Placed in "Backorder Queue and Hell" I'm sure. Too bad I won't get this guide as I really could have used it. What pisses me off more is that if I had just ordered straight from the website, I would have paid a little more sure, but my order would be that much higher on the list to be fulfilled.

At least I did get to have a little fun on the phone survey though. How likely am I to recommend Bestbuy 1- Not at all likely. :twisted:
Rated the rep OK tho, no reason he should pay for my devil ways.

bread's done
Back