BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Thread - Continuum Shift II patch & Platinum Out Now!

MtlTom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
15ebvie.jpg

Blazblue Continuum Key Features:

New Modes, including Beginner Mode, Tutorial Mode and Challenge Mode!

Beginner Mode encourages a wider audience with an easier control scheme; anyone can jump right in and play! Tutorial Mode allows novices and pros to practice everything from the basic mechanics unique to BlazBlue to the most complicated and powerful combos. Challenge Mode offers advanced players a chance to complete character-specific combo goals and missions.

Take over Kagutsuchi by creating your own army in Legion Mode!

Defeat the enemy armies positioned at various locations on the map. The ultimate goal is to fill the entire map with your color by defeating all the enemy hubs. Recruit enemy soldiers by defeating them!

Brand new characters, stages, soundtracks and moves!

Welcome Hazama the mysterious mastermind, Tsubaki the valiant female knight, and μ-12 to the world of BlazBlue!
Three-dimensional effects and 2D visuals integrate seamlessly on every every one of four completely new stages, accompanied by seven banging new songs written by famed composer Diasuke Ishiwatari specifically for Continuum Shift!

Online battling domestically and overseas!

Players can battle others from around the world via the Xbox LIVE network. Players can not only search for matches, play games, and observe matches online, they can also chat with friends while playing.

-------

DLC SCHEDULE
NOTE: This is the DLC schedule for Japan. It's unclear if pricing will be the same in the US/other regions. Presumably the DLC content that is out prior to the US release will be available on launch day.

UPDATE: The US DLC is available from 7/20/10

July 20
Gamer Picture Pack 1 (Standard Art by Yuki Katou): Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, Carl, Nirvana, Hakumen, Tsubaki, Hazama, and Terumi
Gamer Picture Pack 2 (Standard Art by Yuki Katou): Taokaka, Tager, Litchi, Arakune, Bang, Lambda, Mu, Nu, Kokonoe, and Makoto
Gamer Picture Pack 3 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, NOL): Jin, Noel, Tsubaki, Makoto, and 2 versions of Carl
Gamer Picture Pack 4 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, Rachel's Servants): Rachel, Nago, Gii, Valkenhayn, and Ragna
Gamer Picture Pack 5 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, Kaka Clan): Taokaka, Torakaka, Jubei, Platinum the Trinity, and the Kaka Elder
Gamer Picture Pack 6 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, Sector Seven): Tager, Litchi, Lambda, Kokonoe, and Hakumen
Gamer Picture Pack 7 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, Heroes and Villains): Bang, Bang's Subordinates, Arakune, Hazama, Terumi, Phantom, Relius, Nu (w/o armor), Nu (w/armor), and Mu
First 3 packs and the last one are 160 MSP, 4-6 are 80 MSP.

Unlock Mu: 160 MSP
Unlock All Unlimited Characters: 400 MSP
Unlock Individual Unlimited Character: 40 MSP each

System Voice Arrange "K": Jin Kisaragi Announcer, 400 MSP
System Voice Arrange "C": Taokaka Announcer, 400 MSP
System Voice Arrange "M": Carl Clover Announcer, 400 MSP

Additional Color Pack 1: 4 new colors for all characters, 320 MSP
Additional Color Pack 2: 4 new colors for all characters, 320 MSP
Additional Color Pack 3: 4 new colors for all characters, 320 MSP

August 5
Version 1.01 System Update: Includes Makoto's data for online play, Free
Makoto Nanaya: 560 MSP

December 7th
Valkenhayn R Hellsing: 560 MSP
Version 1.02 System Update: Includes Valkenhayn's data for online play, Free

May 10th, 2011:
Platinum the Trinity 560 MSP
Continuum Shift II Balance Patch: Free. Includes in-game ad banner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super excited for this. Definitely pre-ordering, but waiting to see what bonuses are available. If anyone wants to play some classic BlazBlue tonight, send me a message!

I hope Aksys does the same thing they did with Calamity Trigger. Making the CE limited to the first run and having AWESOME content at the regular price is something all developers should do.

The fact that it's only going to be $39.99 means fighting game fans who didn't plat CT should give it a try.

[quote name='MtlTom']I hope Aksys does the same thing they did with Calamity Trigger. Making the CE limited to the first run and having AWESOME content at the regular price is something all developers should do.

The fact that it's only going to be $39.99 means fighting game fans who didn't plat CT should give it a try.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that there will be no CE this time around. :cry: Breaks my heart.

I'm in too. I want to get better at Calamity Trigger before venturing into Continuum Shift, but I'm with Guardian as I will be trying to get it on release, but I'm waiting for the best deal.

I really would like to work on Taokaka, since she seems like my type of character, and maybe 'Rawrgna' as my alt.

Also, I need most of my online achievements...maybe we can find time for a fight night (and a night to work on achievements too...I know Guard's got 1k, but I think MtlTom may have some outstanding?) soon.

GG's to MtlTom yesterday (in Calamity Trigger, of course).

That Mu-12 video is nice. Her normals don't seem as overpowered as Mu-13, but the long distance spamming could still be a problem. It sort of depends on how quickly those attacks come out, which is hard to determine in this video. Can't really tell if the person controlling her actually knows how to use her.

[quote name='GuardianE']GG's to MtlTom yesterday (in Calamity Trigger, of course).

That Mu-12 video is nice. Her normals don't seem as overpowered as Mu-13, but the long distance spamming could still be a problem. It sort of depends on how quickly those attacks come out, which is hard to determine in this video. Can't really tell if the person controlling her actually knows how to use her.[/QUOTE]
From what I've heard the girl is playing her & is using the Beginner mode.

I know we talked about this a little bit but Nu is now Lambda-11 (different form) and she's been toned down quite a bit from what I've seen. I've only played CS very briefly but it was pretty obvious.

Oh and slightly faster Tager with a few more ways to magnetize = win!

Good games to MtlTom, Shinobi Hanzo, and TooLateForRoses. Hopefully we can get more people next time. People with library memberships.

[quote name='GuardianE']Good games to MtlTom, Shinobi Hanzo, and TooLateForRoses. Hopefully we can get more people next time. People with library memberships.[/QUOTE]

ur a library

I'm hyping this up, I did get the platinum for BB, I'll probably defeat you all with my ice car spamz. JK I play with jin or Hakuman but am hella rusty.

[quote name='bs000']ur a library[/QUOTE]

You're lucky the host is the only one who can send invites because we were going to spam you with them last night :D

[quote name='phantasyx']I'm hyping this up, I did get the platinum for BB, I'll probably defeat you all with my ice car spamz. JK I play with jin or Hakuman but am hella rusty.[/QUOTE]
Feel free to add any of us to play some CT or CS when it comes out.

[quote name='phantasyx']my psn name is also my cag id fyi[/QUOTE]

I dunno about the other guys, but I'm only on 360 for BlazBlue currently.

[quote name='GuardianE']I dunno about the other guys, but I'm only on 360 for BlazBlue currently.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I don't own a PS3.

[quote name='phantasyx']the only logical explaination for xbox owners is plodification. That controller is heller wack for fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Fightsticks, mayn! Or in my case, Fightpad.

[quote name='phantasyx']still no because you have to pay for live and fight-sticks. Unless they don't have a ps3 I am convinced otherwise..[/QUOTE]

Well, you are posting in the Xbox360 forums, so I think that may be the case for some. I have a PS3, but decided to get it for the 360 since I already had a Fightpad on the 360 from Street Fighter IV.

And I bought Street Fighter IV on the 360 because my friends mostly use the 360.

[quote name='phantasyx']still no because you have to pay for live and fight-sticks. Unless they don't have a ps3 I am convinced otherwise..[/QUOTE]

lol.

[quote name='phantasyx']my psn name is also my cag id fyi[/QUOTE]

Your in Microsoft Gaming > XBox 360 Forum. If your looking at Blazblue for the PS3 go to the PS3 forum and discuss it there.

Also most fighting fans have a fight pad at worst, but I man up and get myself a TE stick.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'll be playing some CT tonight if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]
I might hop on tonight, if not I'll be on Wednesday for sure. I played around a bit yesterday. I promise I'm going to play someone besides Tager, just no one seriously until Continuum Shift because I'd rather learn them with the changes.

Oh and here's the achievement list for Continuum Shift:
http://www.succesfull.fr/index.php?option=com_succesfull&Itemid=5&l=fr&JeuID=913

Tons of new info: http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685

To sum it up:
- Makoto is coming as DLC. The article doesn't specify when but I've heard as early as August, late as fall (when EU BB:CS comes out). If you don't buy the DLC you can play against her, but not as her. She'll come with her own challenges/trials for those respective modes.
- Nu will be back. Unlimited Nu is going to be Lambda-11's Unlimited version.

Here are some screens of Makoto

med_Makoto1.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1410/med_makoto2.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1410/med_makoto4.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1410/med_makoto5.jpg

Lastly, a video of the new Challenge Mode. This is similar to the Trial mode of SSF4. Not sure how/if it'll differ from the Tutorial mode, but it looks awesome. I like that it gives you a sample playback of what the combo is supposed to look like so you don't have to scour YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dyZXeLnbY

[quote name='Morphx2']this game looks amazing! No wonder that cool guy Guardian likes it. he has good taste in games![/QUOTE]
Fixed.

Thanks for the games last night Guardian & Mtltom. I really do need to get better at this game, as I'd like to 1k CT before CS comes out. I've done a little reading on Taokaka today and hope to improve my game a little bit next time we throw down (as it stands now, Guardian easily suffocates me with his rushdown Litchi and Mtl's got a good Tager).

I think the cheapest I've seen CS for pre-order is $36.99 on Amazon. That may be the way to go. bs000- get your pre-order in at the library for CS now while you make an emergency border cross to bring the second copy of CT into Canada!

[quote name='GuardianE']I think I've found my alt.[/QUOTE]
From what I've heard she's supposed to be a rushdown character so I think she'll fit your playstyle nicely. I think I'm going to try picking up either Arakune or Hazama.

Oh, and this trailer makes me think once we unlock them we have an Unlimited Only night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUGWHMfe8m4

And this is just an absolutely disgusting video of one of, if not THE best Tagers in the US. It makes me pretty happy about Tager in CS :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVioLGD-gU

[quote name='GuardianE']For Shinobi, since he was curious what Taokaka looks like under her hood:
167juj7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, dude, I appreciate it! She looks like the typical blond anime girl. Interesting that she has no cat ears or other cat features.

Mtltom, 1 round player matches tomorrow night (c'mon 150 player matches)?

[quote name='wjhard63']
Mtltom, 1 round player matches tomorrow night (c'mon 150 player matches)?[/QUOTE]
Sure. bs got his copy from the library so I'm sure he'll join in too. He messaged me the other day & said "I learned a Ragna combo."

Guardian & TooLate, you guys are more than welcome to join as well.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I'm pretty stoked on the Tutorial and Challenge mode honestly.[/QUOTE]
For real. I never got serious with CT, but this should help a lot.

[quote name='Morphx2']Can I play Seth in BB??

Tandem engine![/QUOTE]
You should just play nu. She's considered by a lot of people to be another "cheap fucking boss character." Although she is getting toned down in CS (kind of like Seth ;))

GGs last night to everyone last night. Lots of fun times.

Oh and for Shinobi & bs, here are a few of the tutorial vids from the bonus disc for CT. I'm posting Ragna & Jin for bs, Tao for Shinobi, and nu for Flippr . I don't know how much of this will carry into CS, but it's a starting point. Also Dustloop is pretty good for strats/combos.

Ragna:

Jin:

Tao:

nu

Last edited by a moderator:
Good games last night to everyone. It was fun, as always. I got to Astral Finish everyone except for Shinobi. :bouncy:

I'm comin' fo you, Shinobi! I'm comin' fo you!

[quote name='MtlTom']Tao for Shinobi
Tao:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, MtlTom! That was fun last night.

[quote name='bs000']I don't need tutorials, 'cause I've got SHORYUKEN! ICE CAR![/QUOTE]

Damn Frozen Motorized Vehicle...the pressure from the move is ridiculous.

[quote name='GuardianE']Good games last night to everyone. It was fun, as always. I got to Astral Finish everyone except for Shinobi. :bouncy:

I'm comin' fo you, Shinobi! I'm comin' fo you![/QUOTE]

Keep trying, Guardian! You can't A.S. this Kaka-Kitty! In the meantime, I'll keep on asking questions about strategies, combos, & other games (GoNintendo!) while we play matches to distract you all!

Oh, and everyone is invited for breakfast casserole next Wednesday. Just head on down/up to Cincinnati.

Sorry I didnt respond mtlTom(every else playing). Just got back from doing some work, and was fiddlin' with sfiv on pc that i just got on the steam sale, and then watched a movie. I'll be game to play next time.

Here's a picture of the LE from Japan, courtesy of Drac from Neogaf (so jealous):
img0151c.jpg

Aaaaaand here are newly confirmed DLC characters!

Makoto! Yowza, check out that tail! (prob my new alt. Hands off!)
makotofullbodypice12782.png

Valkenhayn. Very badass indeed. A lot of fans had been clamoring for his in-game appearance.
valfullbodye12782153304.png

Total troll material. Apparently she contains the spirit of one of the six legendary heroes, Platinum/Platina. Look at those heart shaped pupils!
platinafullbodye1278215.png

[quote name='Mahoney07']I hear V-13 is HORRIBLE in this game. Not sure if I'm going to get it now.[/QUOTE]

Mu-13 is an Unlimited character only, so you wouldn't be able to use her in regular play. She'd be an outlawed/pverpowered character (like everyone's Unlimited version).

We have enough cybersuited teenage girls with floating swords, anyway. There's no need for another one.

[quote name='GuardianE']Mu-13 is an Unlimited character only, so you wouldn't be able to use her in regular play. She'd be an outlawed/pverpowered character (like everyone's Unlimited version).

We have enough cybersuited teenage girls with floating swords, anyway. There's no need for another one.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean unlimited character?

Also she was in the Original game. All the more reason she should be playable in this one,

[quote name='Mahoney07']What do you mean unlimited character?

Also she was in the Original game. All the more reason she should be playable in this one,[/QUOTE]

She also died in the original game. And is now replaced by two characters in similar design.

Unlimited version means a super over powered version of a character, just for funsies... sort of like a boss version, if you were so inclined. Ragna, Mu-13, and Rachel all had Unlimited versions in the original Calamity Trigger if you unlocked them. You also played against them in Score Attack mode.

bread's done
Back