Xbox 250GB S Int.HDD-& Wifi N-$299-Out Now|Kinect out 11/4|$199 Model and bundles

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Boom. I'll edit in more info as I dig around the net/boards

NEW XBOX S 250GB. "OUT NOW" $299.
4700187853_d331852a31.jpg
4700818476_96f62421fe.jpg

4700818636_91215a4f1d.jpg
4700188445_4faa8bee43.jpg

xbox360250gb_002_33163_640screen.jpg

• 250 GB Removable Internal HDD (Transfer cable sold @ $19.99, Older cables work.)
  • 5 USB Ports (3 rear, 2 front)| 1 Kinect Port| 1 TOSLink
  • Kensington Lockable | New Touch sensitive eject/power Buttons
  • Wifi N adapter built in
  • Slighly Smaller Size (See Spec sheet)
  • Old Memory Cards and external HDD won't work w/ this one
  • Same price - $299
  • "Old" design price drop this week. Arcade=$150|Elite=$250
  • Going out to retailers today
  • Yes it can lie flat!
  • Composite Cable only in box
  • 1 Year Warranty Only
differences-360-pred.jpg

*** Please note: MS says it will display a red light in the ring of light if there is an error

According to MS via Kotaku
$199 version coming soon
Xbox S & Natal Bundles
coming soon

Unboxing video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/101404.html
FAQ FROM MS:
Here are answers to some of the question’s we’re getting:
Is there any performance difference at all between the new Xbox 360 and the original Xbox 360?
No game performance differences. It plays the same games and acts the same way as any Xbox 360.

How about backwards compatibility with all my Xbox 360 games and Original Xbox games?
No changes at all! All your current Xbox 360 and Orginal Xbox games (on the backwards compatibility list) will still work as they do today. Remember though, you need a hard disk to play Original Xbox games.

Is the fan quiet?
Yes, in fact the entire console is whisper quiet.

The photos show fan slots on the right side of the console. Does it vent to the back still, or the side?
The side (or top of you have it resting horizontally.)

What ports have changed?
Removed: The front Memory Unit slots were removed, but the front 2 USB slots are still there for controllers, USB storage, music game hubs, etc.. (Remember, since the 2010 Spring dashboard update, you can use any USB port on the console with a USB thumb drive as an Xbox 360 storage device)

Removed: The small cutout that the external wireless adapters connect to on the back of the console. Since the console now has internal wireless N connectivity, you may not want to use the external wireless adapter. If you find that the external adapter works best for you, that device has feet that swing out to allow it to sit on top of the console.

Added: An optical audio out (a.k.a. TOSlink, S/PDIF). It’s on the back of the 360 S now instead of on the AV cables.

Added: A port for the Kinect sensor that is a hybrid data and power port. Kinect works with all Xbox 360 consoles, but on the new Xbox 360, you don’t need a separate power adapter for the Kinect sensor because this port will provide the power.

Added: 2 more USB ports on the back, bringing the total to three on the rear of the console in addition to the 2 on the front of the new Xbox360.

Does the new Xbox 360 use removable faceplates?
The new Xbox 360 does not have removable faceplates.

Where is the wireless controller bind button, I don’t see it in any of the pictures?
It’s in the front. It was combined with the IR receiver on the front, so that’s why you don’t notice it!

Does it stand vertically and horizontal and do I need an adapter or a stand?
The Xbox 360 console is designed to stand vertically or horizontally. Unlike other consoles, it does not require a stand to sit upright and with the new sleek design it looks and fits great in your living room entertainment center. However, no matter how you position the console, you should not move the console during game or media play, or at any other time when the disc is spinning.

What band does the internal wireless N use?
It’s 2.4GHz.

Do the external wireless adapters work with new Xbox 360 ?
Yes. And if you connect one to the new Xbox 360 will sense this and disable the internal wireless.

Is the power supply the same?
No. It’s a bit smaller and it’s now 135 watt. The connecter type is different too because it’s not meant for use in original Xbox 360 consoles.

Is the hard drive removable?
Yes, just like on the original 360 console, the hard drive is removable.

What is included with the console?
You can find information about the retail package here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360250GBconsole/

How can I move data from my current Xbox 360 to the new Xbox 360?
Its super easy—check out Xbox.com/transfer for more details. One important note is that your current Xbox 360 hard drive will not attach to the new Xbox 360. You will need to use either a transfer cable or USB memory to transfer your content.

ESPN announced for GOLD members at no additional cost

• works with Kinect
  • Kinect = polls, trivia, voice commands/gesture controls
  • "No additional cost" to GOLD Members
  • 3,500 live and on-demand global sports events on ESPN3.com
  • Xbox LIVE Gold members must have an ESPN3 affiliated broadband provider
  • No launch date
  • No words on exclusions

PROJECT NATAL = KINECT

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-06-14-vidgame14_ST_N.htm

Kinect out in the US November 4th.

Here are some games demoed/mentioned/revealed and a bit of info

Kinectimals - You can adopt 40 of your favorite animals and can play with them in over 30 unique activities. Animals so far: a lion, cheetah and tiger. (Launch Title)
Kinect Joyride - the kart race w/ avatars retooled (Launch Title)
Kinect Sports - six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. Read Wii-Sports Resort (Launch Title)
Kinect Adventures - the river-raft game, various different games for all skills and ages. Playable by up to four players. Pictures taken of you looking goofy. 20 unique Kinect adventures (Launch Title)
Dance Central by MTV Games/Harmonix - a dance game/trainer. Will have DLC song support (Launch Title)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved "personal trainer" (Launch Title)
Zomba Party (Launch Title)
Game Party In Motion (Launch Title)
Motion Sports - Ubisoft Sports Mini-Games(Launch Title)
The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout
(Launch Title)
Adrenalin Misfits(Launch Title)
Deca Sports Collection(Launch Title)
Dance Masters(Launch Title)
Sonic Free Riders (Launch Title)
EA Sports Active 2.0 - "personal trainer" out 11/16 (Launch Title)
Star Wars licensed game in 2011
Disney licensed game
Forza - demoed using Kinect

Also

Video Chat demoed using Kinect. Works w/ MSN messenger
Voice and Gesture Commands demoed using Kinect.
Requires 175 MB Free Space

b3u7hd.jpg

[quote name='J7.']Official Images:

media

[/QUOTE]

500x_kinscale.jpg

OTHER NEWS

Netflix search. Just type what you’re looking for, immediately search from thousands of titles you can watch instantly, and update your Queue, all right over Xbox LIVE
Summer of Arcade back in July. “Castlevania Harmony of Despair” (Konami Digital Entertainment), “Hydro Thunder Hurricane” (Microsoft), “Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light” (Square Enix), “Limbo” (Microsoft) and “Monday Night Combat” (Microsoft)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I've been holding off upgrading my 20GB HD for this very reason. Will gladly pick this bad boy up. I have no doubt it will have a big HD and WiFi. Time to kill the PS3 for good.

If that's the new one with a 250GB HDD, then I'm guessing that it is internal. I wonder if it will be a standard 2.5 inch drive that's easily upgradeable like it is for the PS3.

Looks nice, assuming it's real.

The outer shell looks ugly. I'm sorry, but i was expecting more from Microsoft. I know the look doesn't matter in some respects since games are important.

Hopefully it's smaller. It looks about the same. The part is Microsoft's engineers put vents on the sides. Which is good since it will hopefully vent heat better. I guess on monday it we will find out. :roll:

By the looks of it, it's going to mainly be a stand-up console. The things at the bottom kinda give it away.

Looks ugly and not all that slim. Combined with "Kinect", I'd say they've started E3 with a double whammy of suck.

[quote name='rocky435']Hopefully it's smaller. It looks about the same. The part is Microsoft's engineers put vents on the sides. Which is good since it will hopefully vent heat better. I guess on monday it we will find out.[/QUOTE]

Well, given how this uses more of a desktop CPU cooler with fan directly above heatsink unlike the current two fans sucking at the rear, having holes above that fan was simply a requirement. It wasn't adding more holes/ventilation for the hell of it, it was born out of necessity since there likely won't be that crazy exhaust system. So don't singing MS praises too fast there!

if its as unreliable as the earlier models then who the fuck cares. i'll buy it in a heartbeat if its well made but only time will tell...

It'll probably be as reliable as the current 360 model. Maybe a tiny bit better, but not much.

Also, some people on NeoGaf are saying Kinect is $190 for some reason. But I'm not reading anywhere that says it is.

The flash file does load somewhat slowly, so here's a GIF of the ad from GAF:
7srDh.gif

As for the Slim, it would probably be best for me to withhold any comments until tomorrow, when we presumably will see the actual unit and know its true size and shape.

I hope the built-in Wifi works better than the add-on Wifi adapter, and that it still has an ethernet port just in case.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Nice! I've been holding off upgrading my 20GB HD for this very reason. Will gladly pick this bad boy up. I have no doubt it will have a big HD and WiFi. Time to kill the PS3 for good.[/QUOTE]

same here. I'll be looking for a Black friday deal for sure.

In Kinect Sports Soccer, you're supposed to play the game by "kicking" the ball.

So does that mean I need to move my coffee table every time I want to play this game?

Although, come to think of it, Ricochet has the same "furniture placement" problem.

[quote name='KingBroly']You know, I just noticed that the disc drive slot is similar to PS3's/Wii's. I smell trouble.[/QUOTE]

The fuck you talking about? It looks like the current 360.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Nice! I've been holding off upgrading my 20GB HD for this very reason. Will gladly pick this bad boy up. I have no doubt it will have a big HD and WiFi. Time to kill the PS3 for good.[/QUOTE]

Kill the PS3? i don't think so. its all about the games and not some stupid redesign. the only reason the redesign for the ps3 worked so well because it was followed by a huge price drop. the xbox needs to have a price drop to see any significant sales increase. redesigns doesn't necessarily translate to sales. see the pspgo for that.

while ill buy my multi platform games with only on the xbox because of live, the ps3 has more and better exclusives.

[quote name='shosh']Kill the PS3? i don't think so. its all about the games and not some stupid redesign. the only reason the redesign for the ps3 worked so well because it was followed by a huge price drop. the xbox needs to have a price drop to see any significant sales increase. redesigns doesn't necessarily translate to sales. see the pspgo for that.

while ill buy my multi platform games with only on the xbox because of live, the ps3 has more and better exclusives.[/QUOTE]

The PSP Go! removed the UMD slot and essentially cut off 80% of PSP Games to be playable. You were forced to pay the same price - if not more - for a digital version. That is the worst comparison I have ever read. :roll:

[quote name='GizmoGC']The PSP Go! removed the UMD slot and essentially cut off 80% of PSP Games to be playable. You were forced to pay the same price - if not more - for a digital version. That is the worst comparison I have ever read. :roll:[/QUOTE]
ok then the dsi or the ds xl. the ds didnt see any significant sales increase from those that carried over after the first month. while the ds lite did but that was a smaller size for something you carried around. the xbox doesn't have the luxury.

prices drops drive sales, not some stupid redesign.

[quote name='Cao Cao']
nfs5ft.png

Allegedly a pic with the power supply (From GAF).[/QUOTE]

Power supply looks like it was resized in photoshop.

Looks like an ugly low end boutique pc from 5 years ago.

Edit: Now that I look at it more it looks fake. Too bad to be real.

[quote name='iRent']Power supply looks like it was resized in photoshop.[/QUOTE]

Hence the term used: Allegedly. There's still no confirmation that this specific pic is real, and it looks like it could be easily photoshopped. The best advice for the OP would be to wait before adding it to the OP, until there is some confirmation.

That design is bizarre if it's real. I'm eager to hear more, though. Bigger hard drive + better heating and less noise is all I'm really looking for. I've had my vacuum sounding 60 GB 360 for too long now.

Edit: Judging by those Kinect games, it looks like I can safely continue to not give a shit about it.

Geezus. It sounds like everyone who is fickle was waiting for the news coming from Microsoft. It seems like everything they rename something, everyone is ready to pounce on the name of it. Either you will buy it or won't.
As far as the design of a Xbox 360 slim, as long as it runs cooler with no RROD's, I don't care. It seems like the size queens came out today. And certainly not after the aesthetically pleasing products either.
To each their own, I guess. Gamers are just never a happy bunch.
At least the current generation is continuing and they are not shoving another console down your throat. I am happy with the current one and not only that, they are all doing the right thing by expanding on the current systems and appealing to all gamers, not just the ones who are vocal and critical.

I hope they announce something new to the console other than including things that we should have had from the beginning.

Only thing i can think of that could have been new is adding BLu-ray. But i think that is pretty much impossible dreaming. :p

[quote name='mossman43']Kill the PS3? That was a fucking stupid comment. Why would you want the better of the two systems to die?[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='mossman43']Kill the PS3? That was a fucking stupid comment. Why would you want the better of the two systems to die?[/QUOTE]

Hush now. There's a forum for you, and it's not this one.

As for the redesign, I think it'll look better from other angles, etc. Glad to hear about the built-in Wi-Fi and large HDD.

So far this E3 is looking bad for MS. Those Kinect launch titles are all Wii clones, the name ain't good, and now an ugly Slim that doesn't even look slim. I was expecting a lot more since MS always seems to deliver at E3. I didn't like the PS3 slim's look either but this looks worse & just as big as the current 360. I was hoping there would not be a power brick anymore either. But as long as it is cheaper, cools better, more quiet I will be happy with it. The 250 gb & Wifi is nice. Now we'll get to see larger PS3 HDD models, those 2 SKUs they submitted to the FCC.

I saw this yesterday, I thought it was interesting to see how closely 360 is to this.
gx_sd_front_314x314.jpg

Holy hell that is one ugly ass system. But thank sweet zombie Jesus that MS finally decided to include wi-fi and an decent sized HD built in.

Now... how much does it cost and will it actually last longer than 6 months?

Looks pretty damn ugly, but I'll have to see it in person.
I thought the PS3 Slim was ugly too in pics but once I saw it in person, it turned out to be quite nice.

As for Natal/Kinect.... :whistle2:/
So far, they've only shown crap software for it. And price is going to be upwards of $120... we'll see.

Damn, IGN's report from the Cirque De Soleil is pretty down on Kinect.

To say I was disappointed with Kinect would be putting it mildly. After waiting at the Galen Center for a couple of hours, other than the name, Kinect, nothing was revealed except a handful of pre-recorded demos where actors clearly pretended to control the on-screen characters (avatars) with their own body movement. At several points the avatars would move before the actors did, ruining the illusion of a real live demo of Kinect. This body-synch debacle makes Milli Vanilli's legendary lip-synch outrage look tame by comparison.

---

The Kinetic 'body-synchs' that were shown off included rafting down a river, Olympics, yoga, a mildly cool Star Wars demo where the avatar slashed enemies and reflected laser bolts, a tiger pet patting simulation and a handful of other disappointing snippets. The Kinetic camera was also shown navigating on-screen menus with cool Minority Report-style waves of your hand, as well as video conferencing.
http://games.ign.com/articles/109/1096907p1.html

And here's GiantBomb's first live video Bombcast from E3 discussing the event (and possibly some other stuff, I haven't finished it). They had the crowd wearing these weird white Poncho things in order to interact with the show. You either had a certain wristband designating you to the regular seating area, or a special wristband that designated you to the actual floor (thus letting you participate). The poncho looks pretty hilarious.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7652901

God that console is UGLY. It's uglier then the PS3 slim. Looks like someone hit it with a baseball bat. Then again, I can't throw stones. The Fat Princess sat on the PS3 and made it slim.

The actual unit looks pretty upscale. It seems like $150 price point might be true. There are even rumors that it could go as high as $189.

media

[quote name='atomsk']The actual unit looks pretty upscale. It seems like $150 price point might be true. There are even rumors that it could go as high as $189.

media
[/QUOTE]

150 seems like the magic number. Though I'm wondering if it was too ambitious.... Microsoft had to cut out the ram, the extra processor that was in it. Plus the fact that it doesn't you know recognize colored people or dark clothing seems to be pretty lolz worthy.

bread's done
Back