PS3 WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Collector's Edition $10.96 shipped + tax SEARS.com

rambo408

CAGiversary!
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05896400000P

total for me was $11.88

13709.jpg

2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

Collector's Edition includes bonus Blu-ray disc with content, unlock code for Ric Flair, and collector's case. For those who are wondering whats in it.

Is this the latest one w/ the create-a-story mode? I don't follow wrestling games, but I wanted that one when it got cheap because that mode sounds fun.

[quote name='argyle']Is this the latest one w/ the create-a-story mode? I don't follow wrestling games, but I wanted that one when it got cheap because that mode sounds fun.[/QUOTE]
No that's SvR 2010, the next game in the series.

I've seen this on clearance at several Best Buys for $20, so this price is the best so far. Weird packaging and bonus Bluray make up for a lackluster game. 2010 is a better game overall IMO.

[quote name='jupiterjones']2010 is a better game overall IMO.[/QUOTE]

I agree, although they still have quite a few things that need to be worked on. Hopefully SvR 2011 will resolve many of those issues such as the character creation draw backs and not being able to edit downloaded CAWs.

Trophies? Sorry, game sites are blocked and can't look up... i think it has trophies, but just want to make sure.

EDIT: it looks like the 2009 one doesn't have trophies, but the 2010 version does...

Here's what's on the Blu-Ray (all in high def) to help you decide if you want to pay the $10 plus for it:

Finley vs. Mr. Kennedy on Raw 3-10-08
Flair and Micheals vs. Edge, Zach Ryder, Curt Hawkins, and Chavo in a Steel Cage Smackdown 3-14-08
Champion vs. Champion (no title on the line) Jericho vs. MVP from Smackdown 3-28-08
Batista vs. Umaga for Brand Supremecy from Wrestlemania XXIV
Matt Hardy vs. Randy Orton from Raw 3-31-08
Shawn Michaels vs. Batista from Backlash 08
Jeff Hardy vs. MVP from Judgment Day 08
Chris Jericho vs. Batista to determine who faces Michaels in a Stretcher Match at One Night Stand 08 from Raw 5-19-08
"Creating Smackdown vs. Raw 2009" feature

The PS3 game also has Edge vs. Undertaker from Wrestlemania XXIV in high def on it.

Having played most every wrestling game the WWF/E ever made, I can tell you that though this one is missing a few of the features of the latest game, it's EXTREMELY well done. And adding the Collector's Edition to my collection for under $12 was a no-brainer! Thanks OP!!! :D

Don't forget:

Free "Premium" shipping to store (for in store pickup) ;)

8-10% BCB

Got one for the potential collector's value. I figure even if it doesn't build value, its gotta be worth at least the $10 I paid for it.

Yep, searched and there was never a trophy patch so i wouldn't be buying, thanks OP for the info. Definitely a better deal if 2010 CE for $10 + shipping :)

Sigh... the deal that got away.

By the time I clicked on it that day it was too late.

Oh well... picked up the non-collector's from bestbuy for 15 bucks so I don't feel TOO bad...

(Plus all the deals I've gotten since then more than makeup for it.)

bread's done
Back