Entire Kinect launch line-up revealed - 15 games + potential pricing

jesus christ. Those are like all wii rip offs.

where does that put you as a company where you are copying wii shovelware?

They took Joyride, which was suppose to be free!!!, and added the ability to have a virtual wheel and raised the price $59.99! I don't remember anyone wanting a virtual wheel, I, for one, was happy with using a controller and paying nothing.

$150?!? plus the games are full price

Why not just buy a Wii lol

Earlier in the year i read it Kinect would be under $100 or even closer to $50. Especially for an add on feature. I guess i'll be waiting for awhile on some price price.

There's no way they can get away with charging full price for wii games. Maybe it's just a placeholder until MS releases the official prices.

[quote name='DV8']There's no way they can get away with charging full price for wii games. Maybe it's just a placeholder until MS releases the official prices.[/QUOTE]

I hope. Joyride, atleast, should be free to download, like Microsoft said it would be.

I Love a good train wreck and this by far and away is a train wreck hit by a bus full of orphans derailing into a gas station near a circus. Good job Microsoft. You have no fucking idea what you're doing.

[quote name='DV8']There's no way they can get away with charging full price for wii games. Maybe it's just a placeholder until MS releases the official prices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they mostly have to use placeholders now because if the prices change and they have to raise them, it causes problems for them because of people who preorder early.

But yeah all those games looks like baboon ass.

Why didn't the show the only game that looks remotely interesting, Sonic Free Riders?? That is really the only game I'm considering even buying at this point and they didn't even show it. Thank goodness they show a girl playing with a tiger.

Best Kinect-using title so far looks like Child of Eden to me. Basically it's motion-controlled Rez. :D Interestingly its official trailer also lists the PS3 at the end (which is presumably why MS didn't want to show it off during their media briefing), so I'm guessing some form of EyeToy and / or Move support for that version, or playing with a conventional controller is still possible as well. Regardless, I liked what I saw at the Ubisoft press conference (at least until G4's feed of it cut out mid-demo :p).Child of Eden Official Trailer

Child of Eden looks excellent. Dance Central will be quite good, I'm sure, but I'm a white guy with bad knees and a bad back. I would fail epically at that game. Kinect Sports could be good. Joy Ride looked really fun... until I saw a video of people playing it. They couldn't even stay on the track! Kinect Adventures looks totally different from what I expected, in the worst possible way. Why couldn't it be a beat 'em up/platform type deal? I don't want to ride a fucking mine cart and move my body around to collect God damn tokens.

I was excited beyond belief about Natal when it was first announced. Microsoft has botched this in the worst way.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Love a good train wreck and this by far and away is a train wreck hit by a bus full of orphans derailing into a gas station near a circus. Good job Microsoft. You have no fucking idea what you're doing.[/QUOTE]

You're my hero lol!

Yea I'm not buying this until the price drops to $60 AND they can prove the games are decent with no lag. I have most of the games on my Wii and I don't play them as it is. Why am I going to pay $200+ for the same thing in HD? No thanks.

I hope it doesn't bomb for the 360's sake, but a part of me wants to see it fail to teach MS not to hop on the Wii bandwagon. I can't see anyone over 10 wanting these games and even 10 year olds know crap when they see it.

Kinect games for babies = More kids on XBL = More high-pitched screaming on FPS's

But in all seriousness, wtf is up with the games? It's a freaking Wii without the controller

Boringggg. Show me a good FPS or RPG on that thing and then I might consider it.

Me being me, is going to have to buy this, just because I need all the latest technology. I suppose I'll pick up one of the sports games, I've always greatly enjoyed playing wii sports at my friends houses, it couldn't be much different.

Apparently only two people can play Kinect at the same time. Damn, when it rains it pours.

Kinect = FAIL

It's selling damn well, but undeservingly so for what it's capable of

I just don't get what they're going for.

The WII caught on in part because it was the cheapest console and was thus fairly accessible to non gamers and casual gamers etc.

MS expects to get those folk--most of who probably already bought a Wii if they were going to be lured in by casual, motion control games-- to drop $200+ on a console, $150 for the Kinnect peripherals, and $60 a pop a game?

Maybe those prices are just placeholders, but I can't see this (or the PS Move) succeeding at more than $50-80 for the hardware, and games in the $30-50 range.

If the stuff costs more than the Wii hardware and games, why would people pick them up instead of grabbing a Wii?

Exactly. I hope to god they didnt spend millions developing this crap thus driving up the price. Why would anyone get this if it cost more than a wii?

I am guessing most of this crap can be downloaded via XBL for a cheaper price and then maybe it would catch on. But having these cheap knock offs at 60 bucks a pop is insane.

Now I give credit to Msoft because some of their updates have been legit but this is pointless.

No way would I pay $60 for any of those games. They will price themselves so high it'll kill any hope Kinect has. Atleast the Move has games at a more reasonable $40.

^ Wow. And I think it was just today that Major Nelson posted on his Twitter account something about how we all shouldn't assume it will be $150.

[quote name='KingBroly']It doesn't even come with a game.[/QUOTE]

Again, no one knows if it comes with one or not. Microsoft has officially said nothing about pricing or what comes with it. It is all assumptions. My guess is you will get something you can play with it (more than just demos).

[quote name='Matt Young']Child of Eden looks excellent. Dance Central will be quite good, I'm sure, but I'm a white guy with bad knees and a bad back. I would fail epically at that game. Kinect Sports could be good. Joy Ride looked really fun... until I saw a video of people playing it. They couldn't even stay on the track! Kinect Adventures looks totally different from what I expected, in the worst possible way. Why couldn't it be a beat 'em up/platform type deal? I don't want to ride a fucking mine cart and move my body around to collect God damn tokens.

I was excited beyond belief about Natal when it was first announced. Microsoft has botched this in the worst way.[/QUOTE]

It would be classic if this was a joke of whats offered or bundled with the system and some badass games are in the works.. and dropped on release day.
I doubt it, but hey it could happen..

sorry Microsoft it's to expensive; it gonna take more than a price drop for me to even consider buying one of these things cause i don't see much happening with it for quite some time

bread's done
Back