360 Slim UK Price Thread

This a really good price, I've looked up how much my old 20GB Xbox goes for on Ebay, its about £100. That means for another £100 I will be getting a wireless adapter, a new handset, new headset, 250gb Hard drive and a new look. Its a amazing deal.

I'm awaiting to see the deals from game.co.uk, apparently they'll be doing trade-in deals with it, like swap your elite for a new one and pay a certain amount :3

Game.co.uk deals up now!

Trade-In Console PAY EIRE

XBOX 360 ELITE £99.99 €124.99

XBOX 360 60GB PRO £119.99 €159.99

XBOX 360 20GB PRO £139.99 €189.99

PS3 SLIM 120 GB £24.99 €39.99

PS3 80GB £59.99 €89.99

PS3 40GB £69.99 €99.99

NINTENDO Wii £124.99 €164.99

(Price is how much you would pay ontop after trading in your console.)

It'll obviously be a black console, with the 120gb hard-drive.
They'll only give you what they'll give you for a 360 (minus 20gb harddrive) and then buy the 120gb hard-drive seperately.

Those trade-in rates are identical in Game and Gamestation, and require a £20 deposit (no idea what the € value is, maybe 25/30). Also, it's technically not an 'offer': they just haven't dropped the trade-in rates yet.

I'd be wary of their tactics close to launch though: I wouldn't put it past them to slash those values day one to try and sting those upgrading at the last possible moment. If it wasn't for CeX i'd have got sod all for my old launch model PS3.

I picked up a leaflet earlier on in game, which show's how much they'll give you for trade-in value. (Don't know how old this is.)
Super elite 250gb: £150
Arcade: £70
Core: £50
Network adapter: £20

I don't get how you can trade in your old console though, because you're still going to have to transfer all your data off it first..

[quote name='saunderscowie']I don't get how you can trade in your old console though, because you're still going to have to transfer all your data off it first..[/QUOTE]

That's also what I'm concerned about :cry:

You can use usb for all your saved games, and DLC.
That's what the last xbox update was all about.

They know what they're doing.

[quote name='MashYDG']You can use usb for all your saved games, and DLC.
That's what the last xbox update was all about.

They know what they're doing.[/QUOTE]
I don't like the idea of copying over all that data 16Gbs at a time :bomb:

Plus, all of your DLC can be re-downloaded, after you have recovered your gamertag on your new console.
So that saves a bit more space.

- I have like 50GB worth of stuff on my HD.
- I don't own a usb higher than 2GB.

I guess i'll have to think about this one.. maybe just sell it somewhere else.

Well, I bought myself a 120gb hard drive after my initial 20gb, so I can trade in the 20gb...but who am I kidding? I'm not realistically going to be doing this...as awesome as it would be.

Do you guys know if there are any restrictions on trading in two consoles, say 360 20GB Pro (RROD - fixed by MS) and 360 core with 120gb hard drive?

Apparently they run pretty hot and there are numerous videos online of them breaking down or overheating...not impressed unless the issue isn't actually wide-spread.

The Gamestop deal in the US seems much better than Game's trade in prices. As it stand my 120 GB Elite would bring the price down to £100 and there's nothing else I can trade in. Right now I just can't justify it for a bigger hard drive and a quieter machine (as I don't need the wireless adapter).

Fingers crossed I win the competition though, I haven't won anything in my life so here's hoping it's my turn!

Also, something the game trade-in thing that they don't tell you is, you have to put down a £20 deposit, to declare a console, and then when it's released, you can trade in your console.

[quote name='John']£184.11 at Propelgamer.co.uk.[/QUOTE]

This is the best price I have seen, they were £189.99 on amazon.co.uk yesterday but back up to £199.99 today!

EDIT: They are back to 189.99 on amazon now. If you have some gift vouchers or are a member of the associates scheme this is not a bad deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
If my brother were to trade in his Elite at HMV, is that £109 in cash or just in credit toward an S?

£209.99 instore at Sainsbury's including Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake or Toy Story 3 apparently. Also 15% staff discount at the moment if you know anyone who works there...

I had one pre-ordered at HMV but backed out. However, I was with my friend who did buy one and set it up. Firstly, If you have your tv at a reasonable volume, and especially if you have a game installed while playing, you won't hear the 360 running. There is definite noise, being the giant fan on top and the disc drive, but it is substantially reduced. There are plenty of USB ports, no memory unit slots, and that Kinect port. The wireless n onboard card is excellent, but it all depends on personal network setup. Some sort of function really should have been added a while ago. I'm not a fan of the angular looks and glossy-dust-magnet finish but that is personal preference. It is disappointing that they have re-designed the hard drive slot, but the new ps3-style insert is nice.

I think that is about everything. Nice, but not essential.

Got one on thursday night at GAME. Forked out £235 for the sucker with extended warrenty lol. Its pretty awesome to say the least. Got the elite hooked up next to it and i must say, SO much quieter. One thing though, discs seem to be rather hot when you take them out :S

Does anyone know what GAME are giving for arcade 360s? And do they count an arcade console with a 20GB hard drive as a premium, or as an arcade with a separate hard drive?

[quote name='Bootstrapwill']Does any body know some awesome deals on this thing???[/QUOTE]

ShopTo.net are still the cheapest, £185ish.

[quote name='John']Did anyone get one of the new 360s? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Received my competition prize from Cheapy (cheers Cheapy !) on Saturday and just spent the past hour setting it up and messing round with the DRM tool to transfer my licenses over.

As mentioned it's much quieter than my old elite and the extra disc space is going to come in useful, can't see me needing to upgrade the HDD again. The console itself is not as small as I was expecting (and I wasn't expecting it to be that small...). Power brick is a similar size to the old one, been able to plug the spdif digital cable in without the dongle is a nice touch.

Overall I probably wouldn't have upgraded from my old elite if I had to pay full whack, depends on your gaming priorities and free income though I guess.

:)

Anyone know of any decent bundle deals going with the new 360? I can't seem to find any. I'll probably wait until Halo Reach is out and try to get it free with the console but there's no harm shopping around.

ASDA

IMG_3045.jpg

bread's done
Back