Rock Band - AC/DC Live Track Pack - $4.99 at K-Mart...

Fernando Rocker

CAGiversary!
I picked up Rock Band - AC/DC Live Track Pack :360: yesterday for just $4.99 at K-Mart... they also had the PS3 version for the same price.

Not a great deal, but I think $4.99 for a few more songs is nice. You can export the songs to the Hard Drive, I think. Plus, you don't need Rock Band to play the Track Pack.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I picked up Rock Band - AC/DC Live Track Pack :360: yesterday for just $4.99 at K-Mart... they also had the PS3 version for the same price.

Not a great deal, but I think $4.99 for a few more songs is nice. You can export the songs to the Hard Drive, I think. Plus, you don't need Rock Band to play the Track Pack.[/QUOTE]
I would pay $5 just to have Let There Be Rock (Live) from this collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wy_pjSjBzw

Skip to 7:44. You'll see why. :p

Look:

HaA9h.jpg

This may be a stupid question, but will this work with Guitar Hero? (I don't care if only the guitar parts work and not the other instruments...)

[quote name='soonersfan60']This may be a stupid question, but will this work with Guitar Hero? (I don't care if only the guitar parts work and not the other instruments...)[/QUOTE]

It SHOULD work with pretty much any guitar hero or rock band peripheral, yeah.

[quote name='soonersfan60']This may be a stupid question, but will this work with Guitar Hero? (I don't care if only the guitar parts work and not the other instruments...)[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

You can play the game as a standalone title even if you don't own any Rock Band or Guitar Hero game.

Now, about the export feature... the game includes a code, so you can download the songs from PSN or Live Marketplace, so you can have the songs stored in your Hard Drive and play them directly from the Rock Band game... but the downloaded tracks will not work with Guitar Hero.

But... it will work as a standalone title with the Guitar Hero controller tho...

[quote name='Foo228']Awesome - so no export fee? (ala the $5 from rb1 to2)[/QUOTE]

None of the track packs have export fees.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I thought this was a Wal-Mart exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I did too but it was a timed release. I bought it for $10 about six months ago at Kmart and inside is a "Only at Walmart card with the manual.

The entirety of the AC/DC Live business was a Wal-Mart exclusive, including the album, the concert DVD, and the RB track pack. Apparently, they made too many and shuffled some off to other retailers.

[quote name='bobartig']The entirety of the AC/DC Live business was a Wal-Mart exclusive, including the album, the concert DVD, and the RB track pack. Apparently, they made too many and shuffled some off to other retailers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and you can usually find those bundles with the shirts, etc. on sale at Wal-Mart's clearance for about $10. Mine has about a hundred of 'em.

Thanks, guys. I didn't realize that the "Track Packs" were indeed stand alone games. (I'm sure I'm not the only one--and I consider myself fairly game saavy. Maybe that's why they don't sell as well as they could...)

bread's done
Back