Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Xbox/PS3/Wii $30 - Amazon

Fun game, but most Sega games have had more extreme price cuts. HotD: Overkill, Madworld, and Sega Tennis have all been $10 or under on Amazon, hope that happens soon for this as well.

A fun game that I rented and now want to buy. I like it more than Modnation for the gameplay but Modnation wins due to amount of content you can make and download.

Picked this up for $30 at Best Buy earlier this week, and it is fantastic. Gameplay wise, it is far better than Modnation Racers. There is loads to due in the game, great split-screen gameplay modes, online play, unlockables, etc. I dare say its the best kart racer released...yes, even better than Mario Kart. Gameplay wise, it brings me back to CTR days :)

For anyone wondering, this game is great at $30 plus its on the trade in list for $25 at Gamestop until 6/27. I got the full 1000 on the 360 version its an easy plat on the ps3 if you're wanting to play it and trade it in before 6/27. Just a heads up!

Agree with poster above, its an easy to pick up and play kart racer that rivals Mario Kart, which surprised me but its very well done.

Played the demo a while back and thought it was great. Like someone previously said, Sega games have traditionally dropped like a rock in price and I'm waiting on it for this game, but at $30 it's very tempting.

I got the PC version when Steam had it on sale for $14.99 during their Sega week a few weeks ago. Very fun kart racer, and it works great with nVidia 3D Vision. I don't know if I'd pay $30 for a console version, but it's a very good game.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Picked this up for $30 at Best Buy earlier this week, and it is fantastic. Gameplay wise, it is far better than Modnation Racers. There is loads to due in the game, great split-screen gameplay modes, online play, unlockables, etc. I dare say its the best kart racer released...yes, even better than Mario Kart. Gameplay wise, it brings me back to CTR days :)[/QUOTE]

^This.I'm already in for $30 @ BB for the 360 version. I know the other sonic/sega games crashed in price, but if you think about it, Sega overshot demand on many titles in 08 & 09, the only way to dump inventory was to firesale eveything for $10 or whatever. I'm not sure that will happen with this game. One, it is a very good game that's been well reviewed. And two, I don't see hundreds of copies when I go into BB or TRU or wherever. That was the problem with Sonic Tennis & Madworld, scads of copies wherever you looked. Of course, I could be wrong, and it drops to $6 new in a month, but I think $30 it's a great price for this on PS3 or 360. It smokes MarioKart graphically and it is a better playing game than Mod Nation, no doubt about that.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Picked this up for $30 at Best Buy earlier this week, and it is fantastic. Gameplay wise, it is far better than Modnation Racers. There is loads to due in the game, great split-screen gameplay modes, online play, unlockables, etc. I dare say its the best kart racer released...yes, even better than Mario Kart. Gameplay wise, it brings me back to CTR days :)[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm not a fan of Mario Kart...plus of course this is a current gen game, so I'm hoping I'd like it better. Tempted for $30, but...

You guys talked me into it for the easy plat/tiv@25, but all my bestbuys are already sold out. I dont know if I trust Amazon to get it here to me in time to plat/return by the 27th... choices.
Great mini reviews by cags tho or I would never have even thought of this game.

trade in to gamestop by 27th for guaranteed $25. so 5 dollar +tax plat. i mean, i will keep if it's great. but i love cheap plats

I got this back at $50 and I'd say it was worth every penny (PS3 version). My daughter and I love playing it together and it plays and looks phenomenal. It's a steal at $30.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I got this back at $50 and I'd say it was worth every penny (PS3 version). My daughter and I love playing it together and it plays and looks phenomenal. It's a steal at $30.[/QUOTE]

I rented it when it first came out and I believe its as good as Mario Kart Wii maybe even better. I was waiting on it to get a little cheaper. I bought it when I saw this but still haven't received it yet. I bought the PS3 version.

Anyone know if this dropped at TRU too? They have the 20% off any game coupon this week, which would make htis am even better deal.

Is there 4-player split screen? I just got Blur, but I liked the demo for this game and the lightheartedness (is that a word?) of Sega and Nintendo karts.

Just put in the order and with a $10 credit the total came out to $19.99 shipped. Looks like I'll be taking a copy back to Walmart that I had gotten for $35. CAG FTW. :bouncy:

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Waiting for 20. Undecided on which system to get it on.[/QUOTE]

360 cuz you get Banjo characters :D

Wish I had a VG credit to use towards this. Oh well will hold out for $25 or $20 :)

The demo on this was great, but getting Blur for $10 at BB last week pushed this down as far as "must have" racers. I'll wait for $15 and then get it.

Very tempting. Too bad that this is probably the only time we'll see Ryo on a current-gen system. Unless Sega releases the Shenmue's on PSN/XBLA *crosses fingers*

[quote name='thelwig14']No online rankings kill it for me....even Mario Kart has it.[/QUOTE]

there are online rankings for each track on 360 version

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Very tempting. Too bad that this is probably the only time we'll see Ryo on a current-gen system. Unless Sega releases the Shenmue's on PSN/XBLA *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

Forget PSN/XBLA...SEGA needs to release these on disc as an HD remix just like GOW Collection and the upcoming Sly Cooper games.

If they released that at $30-40, that would not only generate sales among fans, but hopefully create a new following through word-of-mouth, and showcase a reason to develop Shenmue 3. Afterall...most Shenmue fans have played Yakuza, but not all Yakuza fans have played Shenmue.

I miss my Dreamcast...

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']360 cuz you get Banjo characters :D[/QUOTE]

Not a factor since Banjo seems to be heading the way of Crash...360 version has a better frame rate since the game runs unlocked but suffer's from screen tearing. Ps3 version is v sync so less tearing but frame rate drops to 20 when too much goes on. I don't really mind the screen tear so I'd go with the 360 version...except that I only own a ps3. Either one is fine really...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox360-vs-ps3-round-25-face-off?page=3

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back