FREE Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst & others from Big Fish Games

Was about to say *great*, then I remembered I got this for free a while back. I liked the game though so for free, I highly recommend it.

Waay old OP. There is a big fish thread all this info is in. If you were too lazy to do a search, neither will I.

[quote name='shadowkast']Waay old OP. There is a big fish thread all this info is in. If you were too lazy to do a search, neither will I.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the OP that you are giving the business the one who graciously
maintains the other thread that you mentioned?
Seems harsh, since this deal stands out amongst
the daily/weeklies that are covered in their other thread.
Nothing lazy about it.

Thanks for posting. I downloaded it, but I'm having a slight problem playing it. Whenever I try, it opens in a window a fraction of the size of of my monitor. See pic in link below.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6265/mysterycasefilesravenhe.jpg

I try hitting the "view in full screen" option in the options menu, but it only opens up the game in a smaller window. I have no trouble playing other games that I've bought from Bigfish games (or other places).

My computer build is only about 6 months old, so it's nothing to do with my computer being unable to handle it. I am running Windows 7 64bit though. I'm wondering if that could be causing a problem. Or perhaps they've intentionally gimped the game because it's a freebie. I don't know.

Anybody else have a similar problem?

[quote name='Miracleman']So does anybody have any ideas what's going wrong for me?[/QUOTE]

Does you graphics card have any scaling options?

Have you tried compatibility modes?

[quote name='Miracleman']Thanks for posting. I downloaded it, but I'm having a slight problem playing it. Whenever I try, it opens in a window a fraction of the size of of my monitor. See pic in link below.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6265/mysterycasefilesravenhe.jpg

I try hitting the "view in full screen" option in the options menu, but it only opens up the game in a smaller window. I have no trouble playing other games that I've bought from Bigfish games (or other places).

My computer build is only about 6 months old, so it's nothing to do with my computer being unable to handle it. I am running Windows 7 64bit though. I'm wondering if that could be causing a problem. Or perhaps they've intentionally gimped the game because it's a freebie. I don't know.

Anybody else have a similar problem?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Guess I'll just play it windowed.. no big deal.

If you absolutely must have it full screen, set your desktop resolution to 800x600 before you launch the game.

hey thanks a lot, and to the people that say oh its already been posted screw them because I didn't see this until now so thanks.

This is a new deal that hasn't been posted before. The thread he was referring to hasn't been updated since January and those offers are now expired. This way no one will waste time on coupon codes that no longer work. Since Big Fish came out with their daily and weekly $2.99 deals, they have cut way back on freebies, so this freebie on one of their best ever games really stands out for them. Ravenhearst is such a good game for its genre.

[quote name='Otty Ott']Don't forget this deal is still active and runs through this month only.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for bumping it! Just downloaded.

I love all of the sound effects on the Big Fish game manager thing.

[quote name='CONMAN999']It says it's 6.99 for me[/QUOTE]

Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst
Discount Coupon Applied $6.99 1 $6.99
$0.00 Discount Codes FREERAVEN - $6.99 Tax: $0.00Total: $0.00

Works fine for me

Downloaded the game. Thanks, OP! It's nice to have new threads created for the better deals out there, as I don't like going through the mass threads.

Went to pick this up for the wife. Logged into her account and added it to the cart, turns out she had already bought it. Must have been free a couple of months ago because she usually only picks those types of games up when they are free or Target clearance.

bread's done
Back