PlayStation Plus - 3 Months for $18/1 Year for $50 - 8/24: New Games for September

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Currently Available Offering:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Here is everything that is currently available in the PS+ section of the PS Store. I will update the list as things are added each week, though you should be sure to download the free stuff (anything that's not priced below) before it gets taken out so that you will have access to it for as long as you're a PS+ Subscriber.

Subscription Options
3 Month Package - $17.99
1 Year Package (Plus 3 Bonus Months) - $49.99

Deals
Rampage - $2.50
Mortal Kombat II - $2.50
Gauntlet II - $2.50
Rampart - $2.50
Cuboid - $7.99
Hamsterball - $7.99
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $7.99
Magic Orbz - $7.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $7.99
Smash Cars - $11.99
Wakeboarding HD - $11.99
echochrome - $5.00
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - $3.00
Super Street Fighter IV Avatar (35) Bundle - $4.99
High Velocity Bowling - $5.00
Wipeout HD - Wipeout Fury - $7.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Uncharted: Eye of Indra Comic Bundle - $1.25
PlayStation Protection Plan - 2 Year - $44.99 - PS3/US Only
Soldner-X: Himmelsturmer/Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Bundle - $10.79
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype - $9.09

Qore
Qore Episode 27 - August 2010

Games
Mushroom Wars - PS3 - 101 MB
2Xtreme - PS3/PSP - 60 MB
Vempire - PSP/PS3 - 12 MB
Aero Racer - PSP/PS3 - 30 MB
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Free Game Trial - $19.99 Full Game
Infamous (PS3) - 6.88 GB - Free Trial - $29.99 to purchase

Demos
TerRover

Add-ons
Warhawk - Fallen Star Pack - Use Search To Find This
Cuboid - Booster Pack
Cuboid - Bundle Pack
Cuboid - Level Editor
Magic Orbz - Booster Pack
Magic Orbz - Jungle Pack
Magic Orbz - Winter Pack
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Booster Pack
Smash Cars - Virus Run

Themes
Nebula Tunnels

Fat Princess (2)

Extras
Hulu Plus - Preview Invite Request - Requires Paid Subscription to Use
[/QUOTE]
Expired Offerings:
These are the items that have been removed from the PS+ Store, so you won't be able to access these if you're just now subscribing to the service. This is more of a record of the items that have been offered in the past.

Deals
Fat Princess - Fat Roles Expansion - $3.99 - July 2010
Super Stardust HD - $5.00 - July 2010
Super Stardust HD - Team Add-on Pack - $2.50 - July 2010
Super Stardust HD - Solo Add-on Pack - $2.50 - July 2010
Resistance 2 - Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack - $3.00 - July 2010
Gravity Crash - $5.00 - July 2010
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - $5.24 - Free for those that already own PixelJunk Racers - August 2010

Qore
Qore Episode 26 - July 2010

Games
Wipeout HD - PS3 - 1.04 GB - July 2010
Rally Cross - PS3/PSP - 103 MB - July 2010
Age of Zombies - PS3/PSP - 21 MB - July 2010
Field Runners - PSP/PS3 - 29 MB - July 2010
Critter Crunch - PS3 - 424 MB - August 2010
Syphon Filter - PSP/PS3 - 385 MB - August 2010
Kahoots - PSP/PS3 - 23 MB - August 2010

Themes
Collision - July 2010
King Zumo - July 2010
MAG (3) - Dynamic - July 2010
Bloody Escape - August 2010

MAG (3) - August 2010
LittleBigPlanet - August 2010
Heavy Rain - August 2010

Service Details:

With that, here are the basics of the new subscription service that lives on top of the current PlayStation Network:
  • The current PSN features will remain free. We are still very committed to PSN as a free comprehensive entertainment service and are certainly not planning on reducing this service following the launch of PlayStation Plus.
  • PlayStation Plus is an evolving service and the features included at launch will be:
    • Games
    • PS Store Discounts
    • Exclusive offers on select demos, betas and early purchases
    • Full Game Trial
    • Automatic Downloads
    (More info on these below)
  • PlayStation Plus can be purchased through PlayStation Store on PS3 as a one-year package or a three-month package. The three-month package is available for $17.99 and the one-year package will be available for $49.99. We will also be offering three additional bonus months for free if you purchase the 1-year package — that’s 15 months total for $49.99.
  • Payment is a one-time fee for either package and can be purchased with any of the current PSN Store payment methods – credit card or PSN Cards.
Here are more details on the features of PlayStation Plus:

Games & Special Offers: As a subscriber, you can expect to get your hands on free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. You will be able to download these games during the month they are available until the new selection replaces them.

Once downloaded, the games are yours to keep and play as long as you are a member of PlayStation Plus. If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe, the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them. Additionally, if you delete one of the titles from your PS3, but decide you want to get it back, then you can re-download from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store if the game is still there, or, if the game has expired from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store, you can simply search for it on PS Store and download it again at no extra cost.

Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.

PlayStation Plus subscribers will also be given exclusive PlayStation Store discounts each month that are above and beyond the current PSN Store discounts available to everyone. These discounts will range from 20% to 50%, and anything you buy with these is yours to keep and enjoy forever.

Finally, wherever possible we’ll be making sure that members are included in selected demos and beta trials before they go live to everyone else, so you can be the one to tell all your friends about the next big game they ‘must’ get.

Subscribers will get hundreds of dollars of value through the year and, in the first month alone, will receive more than $50 worth of content.

Full Game Trial: Each month we will be offering members the chance to download full games and try them out for a period of time (one hour, unless otherwise stated). After the game trial is complete, simply purchase the game to carry on where you left off. This is a unique way to trial the full game experience and means you don’t have to be restricted to certain levels/game modes when you test out a game.

The games in Full Game Trial will become available to all PS Store users to purchase, but only PlayStation Plus members will have the chance to ‘try before you buy’.

The other great thing about this feature is that you can continue from where you were at the end of the trial period if you decide to buy the game. All game saves and trophies earned during the trial will be unlocked and will show up on your trophy list and your trophy level when you purchase the game. You don’t even have to re-download the game, just purchase and go back to the XMB to access the game.

Automatic Download: Subscribers will be able to set their PS3 to wake up from standby at any time of the day or night, download and install any game updates for the games you have been playing so you don’t have to think about it. Also, select demos and videos will be pushed to your PS3 ready to go. System software updates will also download automatically (manual install still required) and then the PS3 will turn itself off again.

Game updates and demos will also automatically install and the next time you turn on your PS3 you will see a brief on-screen message letting you know what has been downloaded and updated.

Here are some more answers to frequently asked questions from the last blog post:

• Cross-game voice chat is a feature we know our passionate user base has asked for and we’ll continue to look at as a viable offering for the PlayStation Network.
  • You need to be the master account holder on the PS3 and be over 18 to purchase PlayStation Plus, but other accounts on that PS3 will be able to play the games you download for as long as you are a subscriber.
  • The “free” games you can download each month are yours to keep for as long as you are a subscriber.
  • PlayStation Plus is for PS3 owners as subscribership can only be purchased on the PSN Store. However, some of the content – minis and PS One Classics – available each month will also be playable on your PSP if you have one. Download them on the PS3 and transfer to your PSP, or download directly from the PSP Store or Media Go for PSP.
  • PlayStation Plus is a continually evolving service and we are always working on identifying new partnerships, developing new features and providing new content that our users want. So thanks again for all your comments and questions and please continue to offer more ideas at PlayStation.Blog Share.
Automatic Download Detailed:
IMPORTANT: To receive the automatic download, make sure to turn on the “Automatic Download” feature in the “Settings –> “System Settings” menu on the XMB. You can select a timeframe (2-hour interval) you want the PS3 system to check for available downloads.
Here are some things to know:
  • You must be an active PlayStation Plus subscriber to enjoy the convenience of automatic downloads (which also delivers firmware updates and game patches).
  • If you turn on the Automatic Download feature before Monday, July 19, expect to have the Kane & Lynch demo pushed to your system July 20th or 21st. during the timeframe you designate in your settings.
  • If you turn on the feature between July 20 – 27, you can expect to have the demo pushed to your system within 24 hours, during the timeframe you designate in your setting.
  • You’ll get the demo more quickly if your PS3 is not turned on during the timeframe you designate to check for updates, because the auto download feature of PlayStation Plus looks for content while your PS3 system is turned off.
  • The demo will also be published to the PlayStation Plus section of PlayStation Store during our weekly store publish on Tuesday 7/20. Again, this will be available only for PlayStation Plus members.
  • Here’s how it works. The Automatic Download feature:
    • turns on your PS3 system every 48 hours (during the timeframe you designate)
    • checks for content
    • downloads anything available to your PS3
    • shuts off your PS3 system
  • If your system is on during the timeframe you designate to check for updates, your PS3 will check for updates after it is turned off, during its next designated timeframe. This will likely be 24 – 48 hours later.
  • If you already have the demo on your system, PlayStation Plus will not push the demo to your system. (This is true even if you get the demo and then delete it.)
  • If you haven’t subscribed to PlayStation Plus, there is a 12-month package available for $49.99 and a 3-month package for $17.99. If you purchase the 12-month package now, you get a bonus three months for no additional charge.
  • Visit the PlayStation Plus section of PlayStation Store to see the great discounts and free games that are being offered in PS Plus.
Found a fact sheet with details of the service that was announced today:
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced that it will offer PlayStation®Plus, a new subscription service package on PlayStation®Network. In addition to the current free to use existing features and services, PlayStation Plus brings value-added offerings including exclusive services and content on June 29, 2010, worldwide. PlayStation Plus will further enhance PlayStation Network, which has recently achieved a cumulative number of registered accounts of over 50 million globally.

By accessing PlayStation®Store via PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership*1 to PlayStation Plus, providing members with new options to expand and enhance their gaming experience and enabling them to gain an exclusive set of features and content. For users’ convenience, PlayStation Plus will be available in different subscription options of 30 days (Japan: 500 yen, Asia: HK$38), 90 days (North America: $17.99, Europe: €14.99) and 365 days (Japan: 5,000 yen, Asia: HK$233, North America: $49.99, Europe: €49.99).

PlayStation Plus will be available on June 29, 2010 for a 365-day package at $49.99. SCEA is also running a “limited time offer” giving subscribers 3 free bonus months for signing up for a 365-day subscription. Consumers also have the option to subscribe for 90-days for $17.99.

PlayStation Plus features include*2:

Full game trial*3

Members will have access to full versions of designated PS3® and PlayStation Network titles including PS one® Archives (PS one® Classics). The titles on offer will be available for download on PlayStation Store for a stated period and change every month. Members will be able to play the full version of the game for a designated period and even after the trial period expires, users will be able to continue playing the game by purchasing the game on-line*4.

Games

Member will be able to play the full version of designated PS3 downloadable and PlayStation Network titles including PS one Archives (PS one Classics) and minis*5 with no limit of time as long as membership is effective. These games will become available exclusively for PlayStation Plus members at no extra cost.

Special content

Content such as avatars and custom themes many of which are exclusive will become available for PlayStation Plus members at no extra cost.

Discounts

Members will have access to exclusive discounts on designated PS3 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) titles. Titles will vary every month on PlayStation Store.

Early access

Members will have early access to designated new game beta trials, game demos and video content prior to public distribution.

Automatic content downloads and updates

PS3 will automatically download and install designated game demos and game updates and also download the system software update data*6. PS3 will automatically start up at a designated time to download content and will turn off after the download has completed.

*1 PlayStation users can purchase PlayStation Plus membership through PlayStation Store on PS3 only. Users need to install PS3 system software version 3.40, which will be released on June 22nd, to enjoy PlayStation Plus.
*2 Content will vary by region.
*3 Expiration date will vary by content.
*4 Users will continue to enjoy games with previously saved data. Any trophies earned during the trial will also be unlocked.
*5 “minis” are not available in Japan.
*6 As the install requires users agreement, it will not be installed automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
as I said in the other thread, I was worried they would restrict playing online like the Xbox Live does, so I was pleased... this is actually pretty good for 50 bucks a year.

I like PS3 and all, but I can get games cheap enough already through gamesharing. I have Xbox Live because I get so much out of it. PSN still doesn't offer enough for me to waste money on it, yet. If they add cross game chat I may consider it.

I'm glad this isn't a full blown "we're making you pay for everything you need for a full online experience" like XBL more or less is, but I don't really see the benefit of paying for a PSN+ sub at the moment. I'm not feeling the "full game trials" for example. And while losing access to games after your sub ends is understandable, it just reinforces why it's better to purchase and own your copy of the game outright.

Pretty cool for free games for 49.99 a month while its active, but I rather just buy the content through a free account.

A full game trial of Infamous? That means you can play the whole game? I'm confused. Oh, and if you buy a game through the discount, even if u get rid of your subscription, will you still have that game?

I'm still on the fence... I need to see what actual deals that you're getting with the service. They're starting the service up on June 29th... so then I'm sure they'll indicate in concrete what you're actually going to get for this first year's sign up. I don't like having to spend 50 dollars just to be able to spend more money. It feel like paying this 50 dollars is allowing me to join Sam's club.

[quote name='pram12']A full game trial of Infamous? That means you can play the whole game? I'm confused. Oh, and if you buy a game through the discount, even if u get rid of your subscription, will you still have that game?[/QUOTE]
You essentially download the whole game and get to the play the first hour for free. Then you have the option to buy the full game to continue playing it, which should be yours to keep forever.

[quote name='Thomas96'] I don't like having to spend 50 dollars just to be able to spend more money. It feel like paying this 50 dollars is allowing me to join Sam's club.[/QUOTE]

Great Analogy :applause:

Nothing on that fact sheet justifies $49.99. Love how the first two features are the same. We already get demos for free so looking at the months ahead you'd have to really think which game you would love to play early and pray it lands as an early demo. I'm sure many of the "free" games are going to be titles no one gives a shit about playing. Minis are a joke and having that as a feature only makes this less appealing. I'm sure any videos or gameplay they put on the PSN+ will be easily found with the click of Google. Special Avatars and Themes just doesn't cut it.

The only feature I would be most interested in is special DLC exclusive from the PSN+, that's about it.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/15/playstation-plus-check-out-what-its-all-about/
The EU blog has a post to explain this stuff in English:
Games:
As a member you can expect to get your hands on at least four games a month at no extra charge. Each month there will be a selection of one PSN game, two minis and one PS one classics available on PlayStation Store for you to download. You also get premium avatars and dynamic themes each month, many of which are exclusive to members.

Talking of exclusive, there will also be discounts available on loads of PlayStation Store content, just for members, so make the most of them as these will change each month as well.

Finally, wherever possible we’ll be making sure that members are included in some selected demos and beta trials before they go live to the public so you can be the one to tell all your mates about the next big game they ‘must’ get.

Just the games, avatars and themes alone are worth at least £200* per year, so even before the other benefits, this service is great value for money

Full Game Trial:
This premium feature gives you the chance to try PSN and Blu-ray disc titles before you buy them in a whole new way. We are not talking normal demos of selected parts of a game here. With Full Game Trial, you can download the full game and play it as if you owned it for approximately one hour, depending on the game, before you decide if you want to buy it or not. So you can check out the online modes, play against friends or anything else you’d normally do with a game.

The other great thing is that your progress and trophies from the trial will all be unlocked if you buy the game so no need to go back and start again.

Automatic Download:
We wanted to offer members the speediest service possible so sign up and you can set your PS3 to automatically receive the latest game updates for all the games you play, PS3 system software updates and even have game demos sent directly to your PS3 without lifting a finger.

Just set the time you want to receive them and your PS3 will automatically wake up and download everything, ready for when you next want to play. No more waiting to play your favourite game because there is a new patch or having to remember when the latest system software is launching, let your PS3 do the work.

Details of this great new service, including a list of content available for the first 2 months will be on playstationplus.com between now and the 29th
And about the ability to keep free/purchased games through the service:
Sure, anything you buy with the exclusive discounts, many of the exclusive extras/add-ons, the premium avatars/dynamic themes, and of course the free copy of LBP (if you sign up in time;-) are all yours to keep for good
The games that you get within the service are available for you to keep and use as long as you are a member.
Plus, the other exclusive features you get to.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...t-its-all-about/comment-page-1/#comment-79824

the problem here is that they will choose what free games you'll be getting so they could all be shit or just some games you don't care for

Wonder what the cost of the full games after the hour trials are going to be. Also wonder what the gameshare policy of those will be too. I'm assuming either like SOCOM / Warhawk / GT Prologue... or not at all. Interested in seeing this all play out, but I think when it's all said and done I'll be spending my $50 elsewhere.

I don't know, I'm still on the fence on whether or not I want this. When I got my ps3, I just let my 360 gold account expire. Whats the use of paying if it's free here?

Cross game chat isn't that big of a deal. You can chat for free, even though they censor almost everything...

I might just wait until all the dust settles a couple months from now and see if it's anything worth the price.

[quote name='Matt Young']So there are game trials, but the 2 minis, 1 PSN game, and 1 PSN Classic are yours to keep forever? Hmm... this may be worth it.[/QUOTE]

i think you only get to keep the minis and themes and avatars. and possibly whatever discounted stuff youve bought.

Okay, I see. Not sure what to do. I'm pretty sure I'd keep the subscription, but I hope they don't just shovel out crap. What are the mini-games, anyway? All I found was some stuff you could play on the European PS website.

...so now that discounted psn games are part of psn+ does that mean we won't be seeing psn games go on sale for 50% off for the non-plus people? (ex: Shooter was $9.99 but dropped to $4.99 for a week)

Why would you want deals to only be available to Plus people?

"PlayStation users can purchase PlayStation Plus membership through PlayStation Store on PS3 only."

my question is are the free games you get each month yours to play for the life of your sub? So that at the end of the year you have 12 PSN games associated to your account? Is it like a "game of the month" where after a month you lose access to it?

[quote name='Tony208']Is that Steve Nash?[/QUOTE]

Maybe? :cool:

I wonder what the cost of the retail titles will be. Since they are digital they can save some money I'm sure. Printing a disc/manual/shipping it to retailer has to cost more then bandwidth and data storage right?

Pretty boring list of features. Glad they didn't force a general pay to play rule on everyone, though.

[quote name='KingDox']my question is are the free games you get each month yours to play for the life of your sub? So that at the end of the year you have 12 PSN games associated to your account? Is it like a "game of the month" where after a month you lose access to it?[/QUOTE]
No, you only get the free game for that time period that it is available. If you want it longer you have to buy the full version.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']...If they add cross game chat I may consider it.[/QUOTE]

This and party chat is all I'm waiting for. As far as what they offered, meh, I think I'll pass.

I'd really just like a free 1 month trial to the service.
They are talking up the advantages of demos, betas and trials, but the service itself is a blind buy.

Or better yet, give every current owner 3 free months now to check it out, get sucked into the utility, see what free content and benefits are hitting and then decide.
I'm inclined to decide right now this isn't for me, and never bother to follow to follow up with whether plus improves gaming at all.

Hmmm, it's still too early to jump on the PSN+ wagon... I'll let it run for a bit and see what happens. Hey, people don't pay full price for a year of Live you know. So, there got to be discounted PSN+ somewhere....

[quote name='vherub']I'd really just like a free 1 month trial to the service.
They are talking up the advantages of demos, betas and trials, but the service itself is a blind buy.

Or better yet, give every current owner 3 free months now to check it out, get sucked into the utility, see what free content and benefits are hitting and then decide.
I'm inclined to decide right now this isn't for me, and never bother to follow to follow up with whether plus improves gaming at all.[/QUOTE]

See I like this idea and I thought that's what Tretton was talking about when he mentioned the three free months. If everybody had a chance to try it out for free and when the free time period is up, they could decide if they want to keep it or not.

[quote name='KingDox']my question is are the free games you get each month yours to play for the life of your sub? So that at the end of the year you have 12 PSN games associated to your account? Is it like a "game of the month" where after a month you lose access to it?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you can play them as long as you're a subscriber. They're just only available to download for the duration of the month.

Hopefully now turds will stop sending me messages crying about how we will all have to pay for psn.
thank god

[quote name='Mr. 420']Hopefully now turds will stop sending me messages crying about how we will all have to pay for psn.
thank god[/QUOTE]

lol yeah but youll still get the send this email to 20 people and get a free 50 dollar psn card messages.

Eh, I guess I'll try it out. $3.33 a month ($50/15) for a few downloadable games every month as well as access to betas could be worth it... If I like it, I'll keep it and if I don't it doesn't seem like a huge loss.

I was planning on buying Wipeout HD and Age of Zombies anyway, but I just hope their future PSOne Classic offerings are better than Rally Cross. Crash Bandicoot or Twisted Metal would have made a much better first impression.

the only thing that would make this viable is if they moved gamesharing to this service which I can see happening. BUT if they made all there games 1/5 of the price hell people would be running to get signed up. I just wish it had something like free rentals from the online store. That would be dope.

Is the "full game trial" really that simple? If I have a subscription, I can play a full game from beginning to end as long as it's within the time frame sony makes it available as a "full game trial?" Wouldnt that keep people from buying the game retail?

edit: nevermind. just read more into it. looks like you get an hour or so to play the game.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Eh, I guess I'll try it out. $3.33 a month ($50/15) for a few downloadable games every month as well as access to betas could be worth it... If I like it, I'll keep it and if I don't it doesn't seem like a huge loss.

I was planning on buying Wipeout HD and Age of Zombies anyway, but I just hope their future PSOne Classic offerings are better than Rally Cross. Crash Bandicoot or Twisted Metal would have made a much better first impression.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering it because of that 3 bucks a month cost and if it sucks I'll let it expire. The free games will likely be junk but I would hope the first few months they will really push good content to get subscribers.

They need to offer off-site game save back ups and the ability to restore to a new ps3... I would pay for that service.

damn see when you break it down to 3.33 a month it doesnt sound so bad but then like everyones saying will the free stuff you get to keep be worth the investment? als how long till they jack up the price?

bread's done
Back