Xbox Arcade for $130 @ Target + $30 GC

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This deal would work out to be like Amazon's or Walmart's to be about $100 for an Xbox Arcade. However some Target stores are giving $50 GiftCards instead of $30. Apparently the Weekly Ad for Target listed the Xbox Arcade to include a wired headset, to compensate for the error Target has reduce the price an additional $20.

from Target.com:

Includes game console and 1 wireless controller.
The Xbox 360 Arcade game does not include a wired headset. To compensate for this error the price will be further reduced to $130.00. (Value of wired headset is $19.99)

FREE $30 TARGET GIFTCARD® with purchase of this XBOX 360 system! Quantities limited; no rain checks. Terms and conditions apply to GiftCards.

edit: This deal is good again this week. No more $50 GC, only $30 GC now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat me to it... the $50 giftcard is a local competitor pricematch, but the $130 pricetag should be universal by now. Just pay close attention to the sale sign to see if it says $30 or $50 giftcard attached. Mine is doing the $50 gc.

Went yesterday, and got a $50.00 giftcard, but there was no mention of the $19.99 that is now supposed to be discounted. It's probably very YMMV on getting that amount reduced in store.

It's tempting. Should I get a newer and quiter Arcade to replace my very old/loud Elite on the cheap like this, then take my Elite and put it in the bedroom so I have 2 360's?

Or should i trade in the elite or sell it to upgrade to the new 250 gigger redesign for about the same out of pocket expense, but then I only have 1 360?

[quote name='dragonjud']Went yesterday, and got a $50.00 giftcard, but there was no mention of the $19.99 that is now supposed to be discounted. It's probably very YMMV on getting that amount reduced in store.[/QUOTE]
It's worth a shot, just bring your receipt to guest services. I've done so a few times before on things I've purchase a week before and there are new price cuts from a new ad. They did the adjustment for me with no problem.

The San Mateo CA store only have the base Arcade unit for $130 + $50GC. Screaming deal IMHO, even without the 2 games.

I told myself I would never buy a XB360, but for $85 I can play the very few exclusives and leave the rest for PS3.

With the Game Stop, $100 trade in credit I suspect that some unscrupulous idiots may buy 3 to get $60 off the purchase of a New Slim Model, so I expect the Target stores to be cleaned out soon.

[quote name='dragonjud']Went yesterday, and got a $50.00 giftcard, but there was no mention of the $19.99 that is now supposed to be discounted. It's probably very YMMV on getting that amount reduced in store.[/QUOTE]

IMHO, Target is super reliable for price adjustments and returns. If it does not work, return the one you got last night and buy another...

Thanks so much OP! I just bought an Arcade unit yesterday for my brother. He's recently divorced with kids and he was looking for an awesome deal. He'll be happy to know he saved another $20!

$137 (6.5% tax in florda) plus a $50 gift card? Definitely tempting. too bad I bought a tv and will be starting college soon. Wahhh :(

Chicago Addison Ave
Arcade spring bundle w/ 2 games -- the case was full with 5-6 units, bought 1 so 4-5 units still left there

Didnt see the new price tag but rang up as $130 w/ free $50 GC -- total came out to $138 w/ tax (Arcade was $80+tax, no tax on $50 GC)

CONFIRMED. Awesome deal. Xbox Arcade rings up for $130.00, with a $50.00 gift card included with purchase, so net cost is only $80.00, plus tax. And Target, (at least in Michigan) is only charging tax on the $80, not on the full $130, so that saves a couple bucks extra.

I don't think this deal will be easy to beat anytime soon. If you're on the fence about this, this is probably the deal you've been waiting for. Go for it!

Net cost of $84 for me, after tax on just the $80.

I was already thinking about getting a "spare," this deal convinced me to go ahead. Now, if my primary system fails at some point down the road, I won't be forced to get a new "slim," complete with new hard drive, to replace it.

Plus, I figure I can solo boost a few online achievements, if I can get my hands on two copies of the game disc. First up tonight, the Madden '10 co-op lateral achievement! ;-)

Remember there is a way to use the GC on the 360 itself with a tiny bit more cash up front.

Buy first bundle for $130 plus tax.
Buy a 2nd bundle for $80 plus tax.
Return first bundle with the 2nd bundles gift card.

So it costs like $225 up front but you'll get back like $135 (including estimated taxes)

BUH! I just picked one up at Walmart for $150 + 50 gc.

I knew I would be screwed by a better deal shortly after! Oh well it was only $20, either way an awesome price.

Yup ... Just got mine in SLC, UT. $138 after tax. After my Elite went down to the no extended warranty two ring-o-death I was going to hold out for a slim. But for this price it was a no brainer! Swapping the HD and wireless adapter now!!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Remember there is a way to use the GC on the 360 itself with a tiny bit more cash up front.

Buy first bundle for $130 plus tax.
Buy a 2nd bundle for $80 plus tax.
Return first bundle with the 2nd bundles gift card.

So it costs like $225 up front but you'll get back like $135 (including estimated taxes)[/QUOTE]

If you can do that, why can't you buy the xbox, pocket the gift card, return the xbox? Both scenarios seem equally unkosher.

[quote name='safire']If you can do that, why can't you buy the xbox, pocket the gift card, return the xbox? Both scenarios seem equally unkosher.[/QUOTE]

No, he's not really trying to rip off Target. (Target is smart with their receipts to thwart scammers. They list the xbox at a value of $80 and the gc at a value of $50.) He's saying that if you use one gift card to buy the second, you're laying out more cash but can return and not have to worry about a $50 GC.

(ignoring tax)

Xbox 1:

-pay $130 cash
-get xbox and $50 gift card.

Xbox 2:
- Use $50 gift card + $80 cash to buy.
- get$ 50 gift card

Return xbox 1 with the xbox 2's gc.

The problem in this thinking is that both serial numbers for the giftcard and the xbox are printed on the receipt.

It won't work. Plus, it's a lot of stupid work for something really dumb.

However, if you are gonna buy two anyway (and plan on keeping both like I did today), it's smarter to buy 1 and use the gc from the first one on the second. that way you only have $50 in gift cards to burn at target and not $100.

However, as I stated before, target GCs are like cash to me so it didn't make a difference. I just worry about losing gift cards.

[quote name='confoosious']No, he's not really trying to rip off Target. (Target is smart with their receipts to thwart scammers. They list the xbox at a value of $80 and the gc at a value of $50.) He's saying that if you use one gift card to buy the second, you're laying out more cash but can return and not have to worry about a $50 GC.

(ignoring tax)

Xbox 1:

-pay $130 cash
-get xbox and $50 gift card.

Xbox 2:
- Use $50 gift card + $80 cash to buy.
- get$ 50 gift card

Return xbox 1 with the xbox 2's gc.

The problem in this thinking is that both serial numbers for the giftcard and the xbox are printed on the receipt.

It won't work. Plus, it's a lot of stupid work for something really dumb.

However, if you are gonna buy two anyway (and plan on keeping both like I did today), it's smarter to buy 1 and use the gc from the first one on the second. that way you only have $50 in gift cards to burn at target and not $100.

However, as I stated before, target GCs are like cash to me so it didn't make a difference. I just worry about losing gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Oops I forgot you get a gift card when you buy the 2nd one. Sorry.

Couldn't pass up an $80 360...think about it this way, a wireless controller retails for $49.99, so you are basically getting an Xbox for $30.

I was able to pick one up w/ the two free games also. Anybody have any good recommendations for some good lan games? I'm planning on hooking up my second xbox in another room to my comp. monitor.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I was wondering this too.[/QUOTE]

My Target had a ton of Xbox 360 Games on clearance for $9.98, was really thinking of picking up another copy of GOW for that price.

Man, you could literally pick up an Xbox and 7 games for $130...that's crazy!

For those who bought on Tuesday or Weds at $150 hoping to get a price adjustment to reflect the new $130 price...you are probably going to be dissapointed. I just tried and the system wouldn't work it right because from a systems standpoint, the arcade was sold at $99 with a $50 gift card so at today's price of $130 (the system ignores the gift card in price compairson), the initial purchase is still cheaper than the current price, so no price adjustment is applicable. I offered to return both system and the giftcard and rebuy at the new price, but they said they don't resell returned systems. Given that this is still a pretty insane deal, I wasn't going to push it, and decided to split the difference and just jump on the deal again and used my $50 gift card from the first arcade to buy another arcade at $80 out of pocket plus another $50 card/

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Someone on Slickdeals was saying that for some reason the gift card number does not appear in the receipt. I can't imagine how that's true though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, gift card number is on my receipt: 041-208-...

[quote name='K_G']For those who bought on Tuesday or Weds at $150 hoping to get a price adjustment to reflect the new $130 price...you are probably going to be dissapointed. I just tried and the system wouldn't work it right because from a systems standpoint, the arcade was sold at $99 with a $50 gift card so at today's price of $130 (the system ignores the gift card in price compairson), the initial purchase is still cheaper than the current price, so no price adjustment is applicable. I offered to return both system and the giftcard and rebuy at the new price, but they said they don't resell returned systems. Given that this is still a pretty insane deal, I wasn't going to push it, and decided to split the difference and just jump on the deal again and used my $50 gift card from the first arcade to buy another arcade at $80 out of pocket plus another $50 card/[/QUOTE]
You can still point out the fact that Target already admitted to their own mistake, which is why $19.99 was reduced for the new price of $130. Since when you purchased your 360 it also does not include the advertised wired headset. It should be reasonable enough for them to have a manager over ride the system and credit you back. :)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Someone on Slickdeals was saying that for some reason the gift card number does not appear in the receipt. I can't imagine how that's true though.[/QUOTE]

looking at my receipt right now. the gift card number is on it.

slickdealers are assholes and you know better than to listen to them.

Pulled the trigger early this morning. Went to Olive Branch, MS location to grab one. No way I ain't paying 9.25% tax in Memphis compared to 7% in Mississippi.

[quote name='fatez']You can still point out the fact that Target already admitted to their own mistake, which is why $19.99 was reduced for the new price of $130. Since when you purchased your 360 it also does not include the advertised wired headset. It should be reasonable enough for them to have a manager over ride the system and credit you back. :)[/QUOTE]
If not, just have them do a return and rebuy on the spot instead of trying to do a price adjustment.

WTF...The target ad in the paper said $199 with $30 gift card. I know u get no headset but how does knocking 20 bucks off for headset drop it to $130 with $50 gift card. I'm sooooooo confused.

[quote name='GoVols']WTF...The target ad in the paper said $199 with $30 gift card. I know u get no headset but how does knocking 20 bucks off for headset drop it to $130 with $50 gift card. I'm sooooooo confused.[/QUOTE]
The ad was out before the universal price drop of $149.99

Fantastic deal, had to really haul ass though as the store was closing in 20 minutes, luckily it's so close to my apartment. Some other (possible CAGs) were rushing up after me looking for one as well, not sure how they fared. Now if I can trade this with my other 360 together towards the slim at GS I'm home free, and I'll have banjo kazooie to finally play!

Saw this on slickdeals a little while ago, worked great for me.
$130 + $50 gift card. The wife will hesitate when she sees my hardware until I give her the gift card and turn that frown upside down...you could interpret that any way you see fit :)

[quote name='GoVols']WTF...The target ad in the paper said $199 with $30 gift card. I know u get no headset but how does knocking 20 bucks off for headset drop it to $130 with $50 gift card. I'm sooooooo confused.[/QUOTE]
When they started printing the weekly ad the retail price was $200, but with the new 360 coming out the retail price dropped to $150. Since Target screwed up in the ad paper saying it comes with a headset, they decided to reduce the price by $20 so you can buy the $20 headset separately ($20 off the new retail price of $150 is $130)

Target offered a free $30 GC with purchase in the weekly ad, but since Walmart was offering a free $50 GC, Target decided to match the $50 offer for their stores only (website still offers $30 GC). Now that the price has dropped to $130 in stores, some stores are still offering the $50 GC and some stores are offering the $30 GC shown in the weekly ad

So Target.com is $150 w/ free $30 GC
And Target stores are $130 w/ free $50 or $30 GC (depends on your local store)

bread's done
Back