- - - - -

2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

#1 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:29 AM

Carry on.

Edited by dafoomie, 26 October 2010 - 11:48 PM.

#2 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6837 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:42 AM

And hopefully the Lakers will get their second three-peat this time next year, and match the Celtics in total championships.

Great series, great competitors...nothing but love for Beantown fans your team put on one HELL of a show throughout the playoffs.

#3 wildcpac   Banned Banned   2913 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

wildcpac

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:53 PM

I do not picture Lebron staying with the Cavs or signing until the summer is over with. Guy is an attention whore who wants to have people talking about where he is going all summer.

Cavs have a crappy support system around him, no gm and no head coach. Izzo either found out that James wasn't staying or James didn't want to talk to him which was a warning sign that he wasn't staying.

Edited by wildcpac, 18 June 2010 - 02:04 PM.

#4 Soodmeg  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

Thank fucking god this horrid play off run is finally over,

Please lets try to keep this thread to off season talk.

#5 Gentlegamer  

Gentlegamer

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

Every day, my dream of the Rockets swinging a sign-and-trade for Bosh grows weaker and weaker. :(

#6 Brownjohn   BAMF CAGiversary!   1987 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

I hope Phil resigns with the Lakers. After last nights game, he said he would have an answer in a week. I wonder if he values winning over money.

#7 wildcpac   Banned Banned   2913 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

wildcpac

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

I hope Phil resigns with the Lakers. After last nights game, he said he would have an answer in a week. I wonder if he values winning over money.

Guy is an egomaniac with a chance to win his 4th 3 peat of his career. He will be back especially with 6-10 million reasons to be back. Lakers also have the best player in the game in Kobe, the best big man in the game in Gasol and a great supporting cast in Artest, Odom, Bynum and Fisher. The core players are still young.

Plus the winds of change are going to blow East next year. The West is going to take a hit with Amare, Dirk and Boozer going East. It's going to be the Eastern teams in Bulls, Nets, Heat and Knicks that are going to be going through some serious change. The only team out West that I see really improving are the Thunder. Lakers are the favorites to make it to the NBA Finals out of the West. It's a roll of the dice and hope for home court advantage.

#8 QiG   I'm all out of gum.. CAGiversary!   2866 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

I *hate* grammar nazis, but I just want to point out that there's a big difference between resign and re-sign. :-#

I think the only reason he wouldn't come back is if he doesn't feel he's healthy enough for another 100+ game season next year.

#9 thisboywillbreak   it's never been easy CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

thisboywillbreak

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

LeBron didn't talk to Izzo because he doesn't care who the coach is. His mindset is that (at this point, anyways) he's bigger than whatever team he potentially goes to. Mike Brown didn't make the Cavaliers win all those games last season.. LeBron did. Like you said, he loves the attention, and he wants to be picked up in Prokhorov's private jet/yacht, etc and be drooled over.

#10 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

Guy is an egomaniac with a chance to win his 4th 3 peat of his career. He will be back especially with 6-10 million reasons to be back. Lakers also have the best player in the game in Kobe, the best big man in the game in Gasol and a great supporting cast in Artest, Odom, Bynum and Fisher. The core players are still young.

Plus the winds of change are going to blow East next year. The West is going to take a hit with Amare, Dirk and Boozer going East. It's going to be the Eastern teams in Bulls, Nets, Heat and Knicks that are going to be going through some serious change. The only team out West that I see really improving are the Thunder. Lakers are the favorites to make it to the NBA Finals out of the West. It's a roll of the dice and hope for home court advantage.

Mark my words: There is no way Dirk leaves Dallas this year. As for Amare and Boozer... who knows if either guy makes it east. Boozer was rumored for Miami before Wade requested Bosh. If they sign Bosh (which is what I expect) there is no room for Boozer, especially with O'Neal under contract as well. It will interesting to see what the Nets and Knicks sign with their cap room... my guess is they get mediocre players such as Joe Johnson, etc. Let's be for real... who really wants to play for a bottom feeder team.

#11 wildcpac   Banned Banned   2913 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

wildcpac

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Knicks have the cap room for 2 Max Free Agents and an 11 million trade chip in Curry. Throw in being in the best city in the world and a couple of good young players under contract. They are far from being a bottom feeder. I do not picture the Knicks getting just 1 max free agent. It will either be 2 or none because nobody is going to come by themself.

Nets are moving to trendy Brooklyn in 2 years. Have a great coach in Johnson, a great young big man in Lopez and a decent pg/sg in Harris. Throw in the #3 pick and cap room for 1 max free agent and another close to max. Throw in a Billionaire owner committed to spending money to win and Jay Z. They can attract some talent in the off season. Nets are going to easily improve 30 wins for 2011.

Weei out of Boston is reporting that both Aingle and Rivers could be leaving this off season.

What teams out West other than the Thunder could afford Amare or Boozer? this is why I stated that I only picture the Thunder getting better in the West. They are the ones who have cap room. Jermaine Oneal is a free agent now and is not under contract for this up coming season. If the Heat can somehow trade Michael Beasley they would have enough money to sign 3 max free agents including Wade.

Phoenix wants to cut payroll. Amare is gone.
LA Clippers can afford a max free agent. Who wants to play for the Clippers and be the Lakers bitch and be in the Lakers shadow?
Thunder can afford a close to max free agent.
TWolves can afford a max free agent.

Knicks, Nets, Bulls and Heat in my opinion are the 4 more attractive spots. Especially since the Eastern Conference sucks compared to the West, Boston is another year older. Cleveland is on the verge of losing James. That leaves the Magic as the main competition outside of what teams revamp this off season.

Edited by wildcpac, 18 June 2010 - 11:43 PM.

#12 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

If Steve Kerr quit because the owner is cheap, why would Danny Ainge take that job?

Ainge has 2 years left on his deal, I doubt they let him walk even if he asks.

#13 wildcpac   Banned Banned   2913 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

wildcpac

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

If Steve Kerr quit because the owner is cheap, why would Danny Ainge take that job?

Ainge has 2 years left on his deal, I doubt they let him walk even if he asks.

http://www.weei.com/...ge-could-go-too

According to SI.com's Ian Thomsen, Celtics head coach Doc Rivers is "preparing himself" for the possibility of not returning next season, but may not be the only one. According to Thomsen, team president Danny Ainge could be an option to fill the void left by Steve Kerr as GM of the Phoenix Suns. Ainge, in addition to playing for and coaching the Suns, lived in Arizona with his family before he took the front office job with the Celtics in 2003.

On the subject of Rivers, Thomsen writes that in a conversation between the two last week the Celtics coach got emotional when considering the thought of leaving Kevin Garnett. Asked if he would have a difficult time telling Garnett he would not be back, Rivers reacted as such, according to Thomsen:

"That's very difficult for me," said Rivers, pursing his lips and stiffening in his chair. He was trying hard to not cry. "Because Kevin is ... he's the best. So ... that's very true."

Ainge has been in the Celtics front office since 2003, while Rivers has been head coach since 2004. The Celtics have made two finals appearances under Ainge and Rivers, a championship victory in 2008 and a defeat in seven games this week, both vs. the Lakers.

#14 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

I was listening to WEEI at the time, and when the story came up they basically laughed it off. Danny might consider going over there for family reasons but his family lives here now. Plus there are the issues with Phoenix being an extremely cheap organization at all levels, and that Ainge has 2 years left on his deal.

#15 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4792 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:34 AM

Kings are 2011 NBA champs!

Nah, we will be rebuilding for the next 2-3 years then MAYBE playoffs...

Don't know about Dalembert, hopefully he can bring us some much needed defense and rebounding.

Next season I have high hopes for the Thunder.

Congrats to the Lakers, they pulled it out at the end.

#16 ph33r m3   C.A.G. Legend CAGiversary!   3795 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

ph33r m3

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:10 AM

Only news that matters is that CEO of Oracle aka 4th richest man in the coddamn world, Larry Ellison is going to purchase the Warriors.

Your reign of terrorism and bandwagon-ing is over Lakers.

#17 seen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2503 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

Heres a current mock top 8 for the draft based on recent player workouts.

1. John Wall - Wizards
2. Evan Turner - 76ers
3. Derrick Favors - Nets
4. Wesley Johnson - T-Wolves
5. DeMarcus Cousins - Kings
6. Greg Monroe - Warriors
7. Al-Farouq Aminu - Pistons
8. Gordon Hayward - Clippers

#18 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

Heres a current mock top 8 for the draft based on recent player workouts.

1. John Wall - Wizards
2. Evan Turner - 76ers
3. Derrick Favors - Nets
4. Wesley Johnson - T-Wolves
5. DeMarcus Cousins - Kings
6. Greg Monroe - Warriors
7. Al-Farouq Aminu - Pistons
8. Gordon Hayward - Clippers

Nothing new. These guys have been in mock drafts at these positions for a while. Personally, Evan Turner is best guy in the draft. He can play all positions. All around great player.

#19 wildcpac   Banned Banned   2913 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

wildcpac

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:09 PM

Warriors trade Corey Magette to the Bucks.

Chris Paul is open to being traded off of the Hornets.

NBA Draft is tomorrow.

#20 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

CP3 needs to get traded or he needs help. Hornets don't want the latter more than the former, so I see him gone.

Can't wait for the draft/free agency. Gonna be a great summer.

#21 ananag112   CAGS FOR COCO! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

I would love to see CP3 and LeBron play on the same team.

#22 madbst   Recquiescat In Pace CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

I would love to see CP3 and LeBron play on the Knicks.

Agreed.

#23 ananag112   CAGS FOR COCO! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

Agreed.

Yes. I am a Knicks fan, so I agree with that post.

#24 Soodmeg  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

Seriously, Knicks fans.....sorry to burst your bubble but no one is coming to your team. There is no reason to play for the Knicks. The only people you will get is the money hungry players.

Sorry. The Knicks havent been a team people wanted to play for in a long time. The money wont change things.

#25 wildcpac   Banned Banned   2913 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

wildcpac

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:01 PM

Seriously, Knicks fans.....sorry to burst your bubble but no one is coming to your team. There is no reason to play for the Knicks. The only people you will get is the money hungry players.

Sorry. The Knicks havent been a team people wanted to play for in a long time. The money wont change things.

Right, I forgot that Rooster, Douglas , Walker and Chandler all suck. I forgot that the Knicks have money for 2 max free agents and an 11 million expiring contract trade chip in Curry.

MY BAD!

Knicks haven't been a team that people wanted to play for because the Knicks had over priced Vets and zero cap room. Who were the Knicks supposed to sign when they were 50 million over the cap? Kind of hard to sign premier free agents the past decade when all they could offer was the Vet exception of what ? 4 million. This isn't the Starbury, Curry, Jerome James, Steve Francis, Hardaway Knicks anymore.

#26 Soodmeg  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

Yeah...those guys are not that great and are not considered key members to build around.

Do you really think people are sitting around thinking..."I want to play with Wilson Chandler...now there is a guy who can help win me a ring."

The knicks have nothing to barter with other than the fact that they are New York and trust me...only New Yorker still think that New York is the place of dreams. The internet and global marketing has made it so that you can be a star anywhere.

Going to the Knicks means you have to build a team none of the superstars want to spend the next couple of years building a team they want to win now. Which means they want to go to a place that alread has solid role players and 1 superstar so they can double up an existing team.

The knicks will not be able to buy a ring here.

#27 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

The Knicks' will probably get Amar'e and Joe Johnson.

If they're lucky.

#28 ananag112   CAGS FOR COCO! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

Yeah...those guys are not that great and are not considered key members to build around.

Do you really think people are sitting around thinking..."I want to play with Wilson Chandler...now there is a guy who can help win me a ring."

The knicks have nothing to barter with other than the fact that they are New York and trust me...only New Yorker still think that New York is the place of dreams. The internet and global marketing has made it so that you can be a star anywhere.

Going to the Knicks means you have to build a team none of the superstars want to spend the next couple of years building a team they want to win now. Which means they want to go to a place that alread has solid role players and 1 superstar so they can double up an existing team.

The knicks will not be able to buy a ring here.

Celtics went from the worst team in the league to winning the championship the following year. You can make a lot of moves in an offseason to make a team better. The Knicks have a lot of room to work with and at the very least, they will become a better team next year because of it.

#29 Soodmeg  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Thats not the point I am making. The knicks and their fans seem to not understand that no one actually wants to play for the knicks.

You are counting way to heavily on the fact that money will bring in all of these people and it just wont. These are superstar players that can get paid anywhere that wont be enough to bring in people.

Also again, if you come to New York you have to build a team. Only Knicks fans think their existing members are worth anything. No one gives a flying Fuck about Wilson Chandler or douglas or any else on that shit team. Give me a break.

I dont doubt a team being able to go from worst to first but not in this way. The C's did it with cunning sign and trades at the last min...not by trying to buy their way to a ring.

#30 wildcpac   Banned Banned   2913 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

wildcpac

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

Lol, TROOOOOLLLLLLL. I forgot that Rooster, Chandler will be so f'ing horrible as the 4th and 5th options. I keep on forgetting that the Knicks can pair TWO max free agents together and get another pretty good to great player with Eddy Curry's expiring contract. You are so right though! Nobody wants to play in NY. They all want to play for the Clippers!