- - - - -

GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

#91 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

Got the last one today after selling my old unit to a lady with her son outside for 180 heh. This thing is dead silent.

#92 mcdaking84   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

Does the old AV Cables fit inside the AV slot of the new 360's ?

#93 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

at first glance it appears to be the same connector but since I don't have an old set I can't be sure. What a crock of crap that they downgraded to composite cables from component ><

#94 aFrostyONE   Randal the Vandal aint got nothing on me... CAGiversary!   2357 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

at first glance it appears to be the same connector but since I don't have an old set I can't be sure. What a crock of crap that they downgraded to composite cables from component ><

They did that a while back. Maybe as far back as when the ELITES were first released.

That's why I kept the component cables from my old PRO and traded in the composite from the ELITE.

#95 azngtlman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

Not if I have to be without the unit for nearly a month. My kids would never understand that.

If they don't get any til the 9th, go in on the 9th and try again. You could always try one last time on the 11th, and if they really don't have it then, then at that point you might as well pre-order it.

Edit: I also just realized that I traded in my component cables instead of the standard ones. Oh well, I wouldn't be using it anyway.

#96 W0lfRHart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

W0lfRHart

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:38 PM

base TIV all 360
left 4 dead 2 - $11
deadly premonition - $6
fable 2 ph with dlc - $7

#97 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43233 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

Gives me a new dilema though. With the faulty USB port on my unit, I would hate to give them $50 and then find out they are going to charge me a refurb fee on my current unit for trade. I won't trade it in if I have to pay the refurb fee and if I don't trade it in, I won't want the new unit. That means they would only refund my money in store credit which I don't want.

Not if you provide the original receipt, there's no reason why they wouldn't refund you in the amount that you paid if you provide the receipt.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#98 sasuke543   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

Blah my EDGE card expired a long time ago...but do you think it's a good idea to renew it just to get 10% more for trading my xbox accessories? I rarely use my EDGE card when I signed up for it...

700303.png

9.gif

#99 wildpygmy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

wildpygmy

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:53 PM

Was able to trade in my refurbed 360 and a 20GB HDD for the last slim at a GS I didn't even know existed until today (not in the best of neighborhoods). Anyway, they said they got in 4 total and someone was calling for the last one as I was buying it ;).

Was pretty ticked initially that I was going be forced to pay for a new AV cable because I had popped the plastic open on my mine (a while back I had to have the AV cable and HDMI cables connected at the same time). But then they took so long checking out my system that by the time they rung me up, the guy doing it forgot to charge me.

All and all I ended up paying like $140 out of pocket after the trade in and around $40 credit I had on my Edge card. Probably not the most thrifty use of money ever, but I like having the "new sexy", and I had been thinking about buying a bigger hard drive and/or N wireless adapter for while so that's how I'm justifying it to myself. Plus hopefully I will be permanently RRoD free from here on out....*knock on wood*

#100 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7106 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

The controller that comes with the 360 S feels really cheap. The buttons are not as responsive, and the D-Pad flat out sucks in comparison to the other wireless 360 controllers I have.
MLIFTgM.gif

#101 jjjbadboy32   I CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

jjjbadboy32

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

The controller that comes with the 360 S feels really cheap. The buttons are not as responsive, and the D-Pad flat out sucks in comparison to the other wireless 360 controllers I have.

Feels the same to me, apart from the shiny/smooth bottom part.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#102 Razzuel   People are idiots. CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:59 PM

To take advantage of the deal, do I have to trade in my old 360 when I reserve the new 360? I'd really hate to be without my 360 when I just bought Mass Effect 2 today.

#103 zeke31   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   4 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

Base TIV
Yu-gi-oh! 5D's Tag Force 4 (PSP) - $9

Edited by zeke31, 19 June 2010 - 01:18 AM.

#104 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2238 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

Just traded my first gen, no HDMI 360. The person in front of me was trading his in too and the cashier seemed to just go through the motions with testing his console out and was pretty quick with him. The cashier I got was super thorough checking mine and I must've been there for 40 minutes (partly because they can only test one console at a time), and also because he couldn't get the full trade-in bonus value to work so someone else had to help him. But I got $185 total (throwing in a headset, the 20 HD, a 64 memory card and the wireless antenna thing), which is probably double what I could've gotten for it otherwise on Craigslist or Ebay.

To take advantage of the deal, do I have to trade in my old 360 when I reserve the new 360? I'd really hate to be without my 360 when I just bought Mass Effect 2 today.

That is what a trade-in is. :)

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#105 Razzuel   People are idiots. CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

That is what a trade-in is. :)

Well, the OP does state the following:

Can I just pre-order or reserve the console?
Yes. This came in from a GameStop employee. "gs is taking preorders. $50 deposit. they have a coupon code they can scan so you get bonus tiv on the preorder. wont apply automatically (for now) the store has to be on the ball and manually doing it. they are saying july 7th at definite re-stock date. i know of tons of stores getting restocked next week though."

I was hoping for some clarification on how this process exactly worked. So does this mean I can reserve a new 360 tomorrow and basically lock down my reserve as being eligible for the trade-in deal when I come back to pick up my new 360, which would mean I wouldn't have to trade in my old 360 until I pick up my new 360?

#106 polly   Karma Policeman CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

Base TIVs (all 360):
Saboteur - $5
Prototype - $7
Alan Wake - $24
Red Dead Redemption - $25
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#107 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   7769 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:26 AM

Well, the OP does state the following:

I was hoping for some clarification on how this process exactly worked. So does this mean I can reserve a new 360 tomorrow and basically lock down my reserve as being eligible for the trade-in deal when I come back to pick up my new 360, which would mean I wouldn't have to trade in my old 360 until I pick up my new 360?

No, you will have to trade in your 360 at the time of reserve to get the values. They have a code that they have to use to show it as a pre-order for the slim so the promo will activate, or attempt to.

Edited by JP, 19 June 2010 - 12:37 AM.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#108 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   6562 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

No, you will have to trade in your 360 at the time of reserve. They have a code that they have to use to show it as a pre-order for the slim so the promo will activate, or attempt to.

What would stop you from putting the $50.00 down just for the pre-order and than when they call you can bring in your Xbox cancel the original pre-order and than do a repurchase with your trade-in?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#109 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   7769 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

I forgot to put the promo values item into that post. Nothing would stop you, you would have to hope that they got enough 360s in before the end of the promo or that they extend the promo. I do expect that they will extend the promo though.

all-banner.jpg

#110 VashandWolfwood   Space Available For Rent CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

VashandWolfwood

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

Local Gamestop didn't have any in stock. Might go tomorrow before work to trade in a few games and put a deposit down on one if they come in after I get back from a cruise and the system trade-in promo is still active.
Posted Image

#111 lllGurulll   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

No, you will have to trade in your 360 at the time of reserve to get the values. They have a code that they have to use to show it as a pre-order for the slim so the promo will activate, or attempt to.

that is what one of my Gamestops told me.

What would stop you from putting the $50.00 down just for the pre-order and than when they call you can bring in your Xbox cancel the original pre-order and than do a repurchase with your trade-in?

My other Gamestop told me I could reserve it for $50 and then trade in my unit when the restock is in.

Why can't these managers get on the ball and figure this stuff out?
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#112 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:04 AM

TIVs for you jp:

DS
Brain Age 1 = 3.50
Cake Mania 2 = 3.50

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#113 Razzuel   People are idiots. CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

Thanks for the clarification.

I guess I'll have to decide on whether or not I can be without my 360 for a potentially extended amount of time.

#114 sasuke543   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:09 AM

Blah my EDGE card expired a long time ago...but do you think it's a good idea to renew it just to get 10% more for trading my xbox accessories? I rarely use my EDGE card when I signed up for it...

700303.png

9.gif

#115 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   7769 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:19 AM

If you never used it before, you'll barely make enough extra off the accessories to cover the purchase of the EDGE, if you make enough to cover it at all. In your situation I wouldn't unless you plan on buying a lot of used games.

Why can't these managers get on the ball and figure this stuff out?

Well I think a lot of them have been told they'll get another restock before the end of the promo. Which seems likely, but I personally wouldn't hedge my bets on it. You have a situation where being without the console isn't necessarily easy so. Gotta think over all of the options.

all-banner.jpg

#116 lllGurulll   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:23 AM

Well I think a lot of them have been told they'll get another restock before the end of the promo. Which seems likely, but I personally wouldn't hedge my bets on it. You have a situation where being without the console isn't necessarily easy so. Gotta think over all of the options.

Just called back the Gamestop that said I could preorder now and trade in when it is available to pick up. The manager told me to ignore the other Gamestop as they rarely give accurate information. He assured me I can buy now and trade later. heh

Now I just have to worry about that nasty USB issue.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#117 Lordgestle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Lordgestle

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:24 AM

I went to two different games stops and was informed I could not trade in my items today, but I can pre-order with the $50 and bring my items in when available. I was also afraid they may change the TIV by the time they arrive, but confirmed the $50 was refundable for any reason. One manager indicated "that as long as I reserve it they are sure they will match the current TIV". Personally I'm not counting on it hence I wanted to confirm the deposit was refundable.
I'm number 4 on the wait list, so figured I had a pretty good chance receiving it before the promo expired (that is if they don't pull it early).
At this point since a few were able to trade in for a preorder, I'm guessing the gamestops that I visited were out of the loop.

#118 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   7769 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:30 AM

I went to two different games stops and was informed I could not trade in my items today, but I can pre-order with the $50 and bring my items in when available. I was also afraid they may change the TIV by the time they arrive, but confirmed the $50 was refundable for any reason. One manager indicated "that as long as I reserve it they are sure they will match the current TIV". Personally I'm not counting on it hence I wanted to confirm the deposit was refundable.
I'm number 4 on the wait list, so figured I had a pretty good chance receiving it before the promo expired (that is if they don't pull it early).
At this point since a few were able to trade in for a preorder, I'm guessing the gamestops that I visited were out of the loop.

I think a lot of times it depends upon who you talk to and who has access to the store emails from corporate. I don't work for GameStop, and when I did over Christmas two years ago I think it was, I never touched the computer for the most part. Never rang anything up or checked any store emails. Not sure who actually ahs access to it.

I was hired by that store manager for work on the weekends to just answer questions and sort out the shelves. I did that half the time I was there buying anyway. He mainly hired me just so I could get the employee discount. Good guy.

all-banner.jpg

#119 mr rico college   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

mr rico college

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

They are not restocking the gamestops until next month and buy then the deal will be over.

#120 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   7769 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:42 AM

I would be surprised if they don't extend this promo. The PS3 Slim upgrade got extended around 3 times and the Wii Upgrade offer, while not much of a gamble on GameStops part, got extended a couple times as well.

all-banner.jpg