Starting at 1PM EST Steam EA sale: Dragon Age $26.66 & DA: Origins Awakening $29.99

squidboots

CAGiversary!
Data-mined advertisement:

(url is http://cdn.store.steampowered.com/p...6923650345806/images/steamMessage_english.jpg)

steamMessage_english.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins
Normal Price $39.99
Sale Price (33% off) $26.66

Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition
Normal Price $49.99
Sale Price (33% off) $32.99

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening
Normal Price $39.99
Sale Price (25% off) $29.99

No idea what the pricing of the "Collections" (DA:O and DA: OA) pack will be, since they don't have one in the store right now. My educated guess is that it's priced at $69.99 and at 40% off will be $41.99.

Deal starts at 1PM EST/10AM Pacific on Sunday June 20th (today) and is good for 24 hours.

Yeah this game has been much lower on multiple occasions at many different retailers. If you are waiting for a good deal, now is not the time to buy. Although the game IS amazing and well worth whatever price you pay. Awakenings was just OK and VERY short.

I was hoping for a better deal. :( Guess the digital deluxe collection is a shoe-in for Christmas deals tho, and I doubt I'd play it before then anyway.

Steam usually runs pretty good deals. I can't help but think this "meh" sale is due to EA not willing to drop the price a little more. I love a good amount of EA's recent games, but this sale is sub par. Digital distribution will never catch on until publishers are ready to drop their prices a little lower. Oh well, at least this isn't as bad as Games On Demand. Thanks anyways, OP.

[quote name='Dann-o']Yeah this game has been much lower on multiple occasions at many different retailers. If you are waiting for a good deal, now is not the time to buy. Although the game IS amazing and well worth whatever price you pay. Awakenings was just OK and VERY short.[/QUOTE]

Word. The game itself was outstanding. It was definitely my GotY for 2009. But all the DLC was rather lacking and Awakenings was a serious disappointment for me. Even doing all the quests in the game it only took me around 16 hours to beat Awakenings and a few of those hours were just from running around looking for specific things and places for some quests and just general AFK time, and overall it just was not as fun as the main game.
Luckily I only paid $19.99 for it on the EA site thanks to some code a few months back, but I still mourn my $19.99 loss. :cry:

bread's done
Back