Condemned: Criminal Origins $3.50 at Direct 2 Drive

Unicorntard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've never seen the price for Condemned PC so low. I'm jumping on it myself. I've heard its good fps horror game. This is the fourth game I buy this week; Burnout Paraside, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect and now Condemned. Its been a good week for PC gamers.

http://www.direct2drive.com/531/2737/product/Buy-Condemned:-Criminal-Origins-Download

System requiremets are low, since its an older game.

Condemned: Criminal Origins Download System Requirements

• Windows 2000/XP
  • 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon equivalent (2.4 GHz recommended)
  • 512 MB RAM (768 MB recommended)
  • DirectX 9.0 compatible video card with at least 128 MB video RAM (256 MB video RAM recommended)
  • DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
  • 8.0 GB free hard disk space
Condemned: Criminal Origins Download File Size
3.6 GB

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm conflicted - It seems like a good deal. Is the game worth the money?

I seem to do this a lot, but I'm a CAGer; I can't help it.[/QUOTE]

You'll likely play it once and never touch it again. It's a short and linear game that packs in a dozen thrills per minute but ... it's still short and linear. So think of the $4 price tag as a rental that never ends.

I'd get this if i didn't already have condemned mostly completed. I'm just missing a few achievements on the 360 version. The same goes for mass effect.

Thanks for the recommendations. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm guessing I'll pick it up before the day is over. How long is Condemned, exactly? I've heard it's short. (For someone with little time, like myself, the shorter the better.)

As a CAGer, there's something about current-gen games offered for less than $5 that excites me.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Thanks for the recommendations. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm guessing I'll pick it up before the day is over. How long is Condemned, exactly? I've heard it's short. (For someone with little time, like myself, the shorter the better.)

As a CAGer, there's something about current-gen games offered for less than $5 that excites me.[/QUOTE]

Probably about 8-10 hours. Standard FPS length.

Thanks for all the input. I went ahead and spent the $3.72, but it will be awhile before I get the time to download all 3.6 GB's.

By the way, how long was this sale supposed to last, anyway?

This is a great game to play in 3D if you have a 3D capable rig* I played through this I don't know how many times to get the 1000/1000g on the 360 and when I was playing it again on the PC it still managed to startle me a few times.

* Nvidia w/ drivers (Vista and up) or iZ3D if you're still running XP, to mention a couple. There's a free anaglyph mode in iZ3D but it looks like ass in color, thankfully there's a black and white mode that works well imo. Though still not as good as my old LCD glasses and CRT monitor but they won't work with my LCD monitor.

[quote name='Sylvanus']I bit even thought I have the original CD/DVD. Guess I'm getting too lazy to put those in anymore. ;)[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, that makes two of us - I'm a bit too happy in the world of Digital Distribution.

Although, when my hard drive dies, I have to download 100+ GB all over again.

I guess this is already dead, since it shows up as $14.95 for me. I was thinking about getting it too, since I don't have a 360 but I have the sequel on PS3.

bread's done
Back