$20 off Alpha Protocol (PS3, 360 and PC) - Best Buy

hmm bestbuy.com shows it for $60 still while amazon and gamestop already had it at $40. i was hoping best buy was selling it for $40 making the over all price $20 but i dont think it's that cheap.

i don't think bb changes any prices mid week, please correct me if i'm wrong. i think sunday's are the only price change times. i got and deleted the text already, but when does this expire again?

[quote name='lothodon']i don't think bb changes any prices mid week, please correct me if i'm wrong. I think sunday's are the only price change times. I got and deleted the text already, but when does this expire again?[/quote]

6/26

Gamestop has it on Price Drop for $39.99. I just called my local BB and they said you can price match and use this code. So, there ya go.

Does anyone have a copy of the text that they can forward to my email? For some reason I cannot hook up Google Voice to the Daily Deal thing.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Does anyone have a copy of the text that they can forward to my email? For some reason I cannot hook up Google Voice to the Daily Deal thing.[/QUOTE]
just tell them to input the code in the register and the discount should apply.

I got it on the B2G1 at gamestop yesterday. It's a pretty good game but really buggy.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Gamestop has it on Price Drop for $39.99. I just called my local BB and they said you can price match and use this code. So, there ya go.[/QUOTE]
I tried this earlier, figuring I'd bite for $20 but had no luck.
The cashier needed approval for the price match but then the text SKU did nothing after it was entered in.

[quote name='Vader582']I tried this earlier, figuring I'd bite for $20 but had no luck.
The cashier needed approval for the price match but then the text SKU did nothing after it was entered in.[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience. I figured I would try code plus PM when I went to get the $10 Blur. They did the PM but when entering the SKU the price said the same and they said must've been the price match. $56 total for Blur and Alpha out the door wasn't bad though.

i wonder if this stacks with the manufacturer coupon at AProtocolGamepromotion.com.

I kid! I kid!

i played this for about 20 mins yesterday, it's pretty good for $40 new.

Bought the PC version (uses the 360 controller as well as keyboard & mouse) and then used a $15 gift certificate to knock it down to $15.

Decent game so far, though the controls are a bit clunky.

This game, I hear, is really buggy...so, I guess I'll just wait for Obsidian to patch the thing beforehand (no rush in playing a buggy game now)...by which point, the price would've already dropped by quite a bit.

It's always sad to see games that have potential end up unpleasant due to bugs and what not that a little bit of time and polish could have fixed.

Both the gamestop pricematch and the sku text # worked for 20 off but they would only take one or the other in the system. Very helpful bestbuy guys checked it out for me. I said I would be back when it's 20 new :) didnt really wanna pay 40 new for this...

[quote name='Vader582']I tried this earlier, figuring I'd bite for $20 but had no luck.
The cashier needed approval for the price match but then the text SKU did nothing after it was entered in.[/QUOTE]

same happened to me... a little disappointed cause $20 was my price point for this one

[quote name='UlysisAM']Bought the PC version (uses the 360 controller as well as keyboard & mouse) and then used a $15 gift certificate to knock it down to $15.

Decent game so far, though the controls are a bit clunky.[/QUOTE]

How does this whole thing work w the Sku #9960631?
Do you tell BB cashier the text code BEFORE they scan the game and ring it up?
Or after?

Or doesn't matter?

doesn't matter. my dude entered the # when I was picking up blur for $10 and he said, yeah it would be 20 off alpha protocol. then i told him i was gonna pricematch gamestop and he said cool, but when we tried to enter both it didnt work. hopefully they do a sale soon or something, lol.

[quote name='themidnighter23']how many times a month do they send out text. I dont like getting bombarded with meaningless texts[/QUOTE]

Its about one a month.

Bump, anyway, since I got the message as well. I won't bite either, but it may be a deal for someone interested.

Since that price drop wasn't in the ad for gamestop how did you guys get best buy to price match? Did you just print off the price from the internet?

Since this is a coupon, it won't work when doing a PM. Doing a price match, either by the "normal" way or via a manually-changed price, it invalidates the use of a coupon on the transaction. You can either do a PM or use a coupon, not both.

The only way for it to happen would be for someone to manually change the price of the item to the cost of the item after the coupon's deduction from the PM'd price. It would be taking $40 off a $60 item, putting it below their cost and it would require a key-turn/manager approval to have it work. Once that happens, you'd likely get shot down.

Despite me having a list of minor issues w/ this game and all, I still managing spend a good SIX hours with it last night...
So far, it's pretty good - but w/ some patching, I think it could be a great...

[quote name='macgoeszoom']I got it to work as well. They price matched Gamestop and then gave me $20 off.[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself lucky cuz I tried 2 stores and they both said they couldn't do it. Sucks since I was really interested in this one. Hope it drops soon.

bread's done
Back