Toy Story 3 - Out now! Half movie-based levels, half sandbox

nbballard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Picked this up to play with my wife, and i've been really impressed. Anyone else playing it?

You can play through levels that are movie themed (from all Toy Story movies from what I can tell) and earn points and items for a sandbox style old-west town (called Woody's Roundup). Last night, I played the "Buzz Lightyear: Video Game" level and it really impressed me.

In Woody's Roundup, it's just like any sandbox style game. The town starts pretty empty, and as you complete missions, you create new buildings and populate the community. Town People ask you for favors and you do the missions. Each mission unlocks money that you use to buy new buildings and toys for the town. The toys include new NPCs, vehicles, and new areas to explore.

Unfortunately, it's a movie tie-in, so there are a few glitches as a result. In a big cutscene, all of the character voices were replaced with slashing sounds. Also, I got on a small car the other day to ride through town, and I couldn't get off of it. I had to exit the map, and go to a level where the car wasn't supported.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I'll get it when it hits the bargain bin[/QUOTE]

Same here. Love Toy story, basically it's my childhood, but i'm not gonna pay $50 for the game.

bread's done
Back