NewEgg Metro 2033 XBOX 360 $24.99 FS

Fantastic game. Recommend it if you liked Bioshock or any FPS for that matter. Excellent game in my book and the sleeper hit of the year so far for me.

[quote name='kevgret']Metro 2033 $24.99 from newegg with FS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874169048&Tpk=metro 2033

I have heard decent things about this game.. can anyone recommend at this price?

Sorry if already posted

Kevin[/QUOTE]

I definitely recommend it for that price, I picked it up a couple weeks ago for PC when it went on sale on Steam. It's a really cool game with an amazing atmosphere and does a pretty good job at being a horror game. It's a refreshing change from most shooters these days, I think it's pretty damn good.

Not a terrible game at all. Bought it back when I snagged it for around $40. The bullet currency is the only thing that annoyed me but that's just me.

Everything else about the game was great imo.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Yeah how do you get a $10 coupon?[/QUOTE]

They gave it to me randomly for not shopping in a while.

MEMKBTEREAJUNE

It says something as can only be used with account tied to this email address, but you could try.

Agreed I would love to get some tips on that $10 coupon. Nothing recently has been sent to me though email from Newegg. Metro f/ $15 would be the sweetspot.

I haven't played such an atmospheric game since Half-Life 2. I'd seriously suggest picking this up. Shame it's so short (10 or so hours) with little replay value.

Great game. Also, I noticed last Thursday at GameStop that they were offering $25 for it towards a preorder or something... wish I could recall the details for you guys

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I haven't played such an atmospheric game since Half-Life 2. I'd seriously suggest picking this up. Shame it's so short (10 or so hours) with little replay value.[/QUOTE]

I've wanted to play this game since it came out, but don't want to buy it because of how short of a game I heard it was. I'll rent it eventually.

damn, I just got this off of ebay for $34 and haven't opened it yet. Been playing Alpha Protocol in the meantime, I should have waited. oh well.

Waiting for this game to hit a predetermined pricepoint that is significantly below this price, based on only the most cursory information. Because I know you all care and because I have no posting restraint about every gaming purchase impulse or display of pseudo-restraint I act or don't act upon. (And yes, I say this in the same detached, monotone, and slightly congested voice that you read it with.)

#everyotherCAGpost

Damn, I wish they'd send me a $10 off coupon instead of those annoying "A Guerrilla Deal's favorite way to kick off a week: MASSIVE SAVINGS!" emails.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']ordered one. hopefully i can 1000 it and then trade it in quickly[/QUOTE]

What is the point of 1000? E-penis thing you got going on? I mean honestly what is the point of getting 1000?

[quote name='hollowfreak']Damn, I wish they'd send me a $10 off coupon instead of those annoying "A Guerrilla Deal's favorite way to kick off a week: MASSIVE SAVINGS!" emails.[/QUOTE]
This, only emails I get are crap :|

[quote name='tears2040']What is the point of 1000? E-penis thing you got going on? I mean honestly what is the point of getting 1000?[/QUOTE]

A mix of e-peen and personal challenge.
Also gamerscore is addicting once you actually start going for it. I didnt break my addiction til I hit about 35K. lol.

I am tempted at this price, but as I think I will wait until it drops to $15-$20. I've got plenty to play already coming in the mail and I will have plenty more in coming months. So I can easily wait.

[quote name='tears2040']What is the point of 1000? E-penis thing you got going on? I mean honestly what is the point of getting 1000?[/QUOTE]

well the only game I have 100% GS is an xbla game so step off. I merely want to get as much out of the game so 1000/1000 a game typically does that. since this game has no MP it has low replay; 1000/1000 this game will probably take less than 5 hours in addition to the regular story anyway.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']well the only game I have 100% GS is an xbla game so step off. I merely want to get as much out of the game so 1000/1000 a game typically does that. since this game has no MP it has low replay; 1000/1000 this game will probably take less than 5 hours in addition to the regular story anyway.[/QUOTE]

I 1000/1000ed the game a week or so after i got this game on release day. It was a great game, and i enjoyed every second of it.

The only achievement that i struggled with was the "Explorer" one, but that popped up later on my second playthrough near the end.

But the game is fantastic and a steal at the $25 price tag

Thanks for the find! Gonna beat it and trade it on Goozex for 1000 points since it seems there's still a lot of people waiting for it.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Should be around $10 later this year. Will wait until then.[/QUOTE]
It becomes the most sought after game, selling for like a thousand dollars on eBay.

"Those people who bought it from Newegg were right!"

thanks op, this was one of my "meh, if i can get it for less than $30" titles

no real desire past a slight interest, but for $25, i can't argue

I wish I'd waited to buy this. $25 is a great price.

I haven't beaten the game yet (too much of a backlog), but the parts I've played have been solid. I did encounter a ridiculous bug last time I played it.

Let me just say, don't ever let the game transition to a new level right as you run out of gas mask filters (if you do the damn gas mask gets stuck on your face until you find another filter which may not be for another 3 - 4 missions).

Just ordered it! :whistle2:D Looks like a neat game, and for once I didn't have to think about the platform. PC has activation, and there's no Playstation version, so Xbox wins!

(Yes, I'm still trying to decide what system to buy the awesomely priced Darksiders and Alpha Protocol for :( )

[quote name='Wolfpup']Just ordered it! :whistle2:D Looks like a neat game, and for once I didn't have to think about the platform. PC has activation, and there's no Playstation version, so Xbox wins!

(Yes, I'm still trying to decide what system to buy the awesomely priced Darksiders and Alpha Protocol for :( )[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is on sale somewhere?

Gamestop's got it for just $30, and then on top of that I've got those $10 off coupons...

But I can't decide which system to get it for :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Gamestop's got it for just $30, and then on top of that I've got those $10 off coupons...

But I can't decide which system to get it for :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well since this is an XBOX thread, I shall vote Xbox.

Heh. Well, if Sony had brought back backwards compatibility, or if Microsoft had switched to non-proprietary hard drives, I would have standardized on one or the other, I think. But neither did, so...

I'm currently alternating between BFBC2 for MP & Darksiders as my "single-player" game at the moment, and it's been pretty solid. I waited to buy it until they patched all those issues people were having. Seems to run fine now!

bread's done
Back