No response to trade proposals in marketplace

futhamucka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I don't know whether this is so much a problem of the site, but of the users. I've submitted a few trade proposals over the last couple of weeks and had to cancel several of them because I didn't get any response back from the other CAG.
Maybe there needs to be a better alert of trade proposals, or some kind of auto PM if a trade is left hanging for more than a couple of days. It's really irritating!

The problem is that if they didn't respond to first PM, the automatic reminder probably won't get to them either - if you don't get any response you can always cancel the trade, though.

[quote name='John']The problem is that if they didn't respond to first PM, the automatic reminder probably won't get to them either - if you don't get any response you can always cancel the trade, though.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been doing: Wait a few days and then cancel. It's just frustrating that more people aren't using the marketplace. The trades that I have done go very smoothly. I wish Cheapy would shut down the trading forum to force people to use it :)

I have noticed that the low price shown on the 'matches' screen rarely matches up with the seller that it shows. Not sure what's going on there.

[quote name='futhamucka']That's what I've been doing: Wait a few days and then cancel. It's just frustrating that more people aren't using the marketplace. The trades that I have done go very smoothly. I wish Cheapy would shut down the trading forum to force people to use it :)

I have noticed that the low price shown on the 'matches' screen rarely matches up with the seller that it shows. Not sure what's going on there.[/QUOTE]
From my own personal experience MANY people consider the Marketplace prices someone lists as a 'starting point' and not the definitive price they want shipped for an item. When I listed a price in the marketplace for a game, that was the lowest I would take, but many considered it like a flea market where they could 'haggle'.

Since then I've stopped listing games as anything but collection on there. If I do put a game up though, it's without a price and it's left to us to negotiate in PM's if they're interested.

As far as the low prices not matching up with seller's prices, people are allowed to change their mind. Although I really think that some of them may be doing the same thing as Amazon sellers do, trying to out cheap the other sellers to have their listing show up as first on the list because it's cheapest.

I agree with you about the prices. If you want to haggle, that's what the 'best offer' button is for. My frustration is that people don't reject or approve trades. Then you're left sitting there.
The couple of trades that I have done using the system have gone very smoothly. I think cheapy should talk about it on the CAGcast. He made such a fuss of the marketplace when it launched and then hasn't spoken of it since!

I'm completely different though, in that I put in a bunch of time to make and maintain my normal trade list, so that's where I sell from usually.

To me, feedback is feedback is feedback.

Also, you don't get any kind of alert when comments are left in the "discuss this trade" part of the marketplace trade screen, and no alert when item is marked as shipped, received, etc. PMs end up having to be exchanged.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Also, you don't get any kind of alert when comments are left in the "discuss this trade" part of the marketplace trade screen, and no alert when item is marked as shipped, received, etc. PMs end up having to be exchanged.[/QUOTE]

This. I recently tried doing a trade through the Marketplace, but it was frustrating when I realized messages we exchanged were receiving no sort of alert whatsoever. I ended up just having to check the Marketplace messages on my own all the time, just to see if I have a message. Seriously? What year is this?

bread's done
Back