Win a free Playstation Move from houseparty.com

OgBrog

CAG Veteran
Here's how it works, go to this website: http://houseparty.com/landing_pages/view/playstation
Click the apply now! button. You will have to create a houseparty account and
agree to host a party for whatever 10 friends/family you wish to invite and then answer a small survey.
After that they will send you a email around July 16th to inform you whether you have been selected,
if you have then they will mail you 2 Playstation move controllers a PS EYE camera and 3 games.
The only thing you will have to do is agree to host a party! I can vouch that this company is 100% legit,
I hosted a windows 7 houseparty last year and received a copy of windows 7 ultimate 3 weeks before it was released.
I really have no idea how many people will be selected for this so YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
CAGs don't have 10 friends.
Well you don't have to actually have the party, you can just sign up to get a free move controller.
I dont even have a ps3 anymore but im still gonna go for it,
if i win i will play the games with some friends at their place for a few days and then trade them in at gamestop.

I did this with them for Windows 7. It was actually pretty cool, and I got a free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Only been able to get into the Win 7 houseparty, but I applied for this one within an hour of getting the email, so hopefully I'll get in this one since I'm not good enough to host any of the food related ones. Speaking of the Win 7 houseparty, hope those keys weren't time sensitive or anything, I still need to get my new laptop to use it one,lol.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Long fuckin survey heh, thanks OP. Also it says they will notify me July 14th......unless it actually is the 22nd hmm[/QUOTE]
It said July 16th for me

[quote name='Strifekw']This isn't really a deal.. More like a sweepstakes.[/QUOTE] Me and 5 friends signed up for the windows 7 party and we all got selected so I would say that the odds are a tad bit better than that of a sweepstakes.
Its more of a promotional giveaway than anything.

I signed up. I got the windows 7 one and it went pretty well except the windows 7 was stolen from my box before it got to me. They got me a replacement, but the day before the party...

I basically think they want to reach the biggest area that best fit the demographic they're trying to reach. So if you're somewhere where few people sign up, you're much more likely to get in. Who knows, I might be screwed because both my kids are under 5--might not be the demographic they're going for!

They give you 6 months to throw the house party? That's quite a long time. I'm guessing they want people really good at organizing social events (or thats what those questions lead me to believe).

I signed up, but it's highly unlikely of a selection for it. I'd like to, though. I wouldnt even mind hosting a few different events. What kind of follow-up do they do? Requires pictures to be taken and uploaded to their website?

Entire website won't load, feh.

There we go, that was weird. Anyway, in for this shindig I guess. Would be nice to have one of these at a party, but I doubt I would throw a party just for a product, let Sony do that stuff. Almost seems too good to be true that they will send about $200 worth of gaming goods for people to throw a party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool. Thanks OP. I live in a small town and don't see too many others from my city (or state) on CAG, so chances are pretty good. I wonder if I should feel bad for lying on the survey. I'm pretty much a homebody, but I used to do some Rock Band parties with my sister. About 10 people always showed up to those. They were pretty fun.

[quote name='dyeknom']They give you 6 months to throw the house party? That's quite a long time. I'm guessing they want people really good at organizing social events (or thats what those questions lead me to believe).

I signed up, but it's highly unlikely of a selection for it. I'd like to, though. I wouldnt even mind hosting a few different events. What kind of follow-up do they do? Requires pictures to be taken and uploaded to their website?[/QUOTE] I just got a email for it today, you will get the controller and games in early August if you're selected.
According to the site you have the opportunity to host 3 parties.
You are supposed to upload pics to their site but I never did for my windows 7 party and I never heard anything about it.

I've done the houseparty thing twice. Got Windows 7 Ultimate, and a Flip Camcorder with a bunch of Verizon super bowl swag for free. Think I'll have to try this one.

I signed up. I highly doubt I will hold a legit party though. I'll just take pictures at a family get together lol if they really want any follow up stuff if I get picked.

something seems odd about them just handing all this over. Anyways i dont care i signed up with a fake telephone number.

i'm about to sign up, but i had a quick question: do YOU throw the party? OR does some1 come to the party you are supposed to throw? thx OP

[quote name='YodaEXE']That's odd, it used to say they'd notify you on or around the 16th. Just logged in now and it has changed to the 20th.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i got that too. phew, glad im not the only 1, good luck every1!

For what it's worth, take your initial notifications with a grain of salt. I didn't get into one of the parties I signed up for previously, and then a week or two later got another email that said I did get in.

bread's done
Back