Used game ps3 sale

TheGameEmporium

CAG Veteran
So I have not posted any deals on here before, but I thought I would start because cheap ass gamer is great. I run my own gaming retail site and this weeks sale is on all used playstation 3 games. There are not many but the prices are pretty good.

I'm planning a huge sale for the month of July, so I just wanted to put this out there to test the water.

All used Playstation 3 games are 10% off until 6/26
http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/thegameemporium/-strse-Playstation-3-cln-Used/Categories.bok

Please excuse the on going construction of the rest of the site.
-The Game Emporium

[quote name='jgiovanni']You might have to get permission form CheapyD to market your site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know if that was allowed or not. Is there a good way to contact CheapyD?

You might want to provide some info on the condition of your used games. Are all of them guaranteed to come with manual and cover art, etc? Guaranteed to work?

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Also you might want to wait until your site has a reputation. Anyone want to take one for the team?[/QUOTE]

I definitely hear what your saying about reputation. It's hard to trust on the internet these days. For what its worth we guarantee to not mess with you in any way. You buy we sell, no tricks.

[quote name='bvharris']You might want to provide some info on the condition of your used games. Are all of them guaranteed to come with manual and cover art, etc? Guaranteed to work?[/QUOTE]

They are definitely guaranteed to work. And they all have cover art and books except Call of duty 4, that ones missing the over art. But your right I should have that on the site under each listing.

Is that Disgaea new or used? Used at Gamestop is only $12.

All used games come with manual and original box? Where do you ship from? Do you combine shipping on multiple orders or is it flat-rate like GoHastings? Sorry to ask questions but I couldn't find much info on the site.

[quote name='TheGameEmporium']Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know if that was allowed or not. Is there a good way to contact CheapyD?[/QUOTE]

I would just send him a PM

[quote name='x9248']Is that Disgaea new or used? Used at Gamestop is only $12.

All used games come with manual and original box? Where do you ship from? Do you combine shipping on multiple orders or is it flat-rate like GoHastings? Sorry to ask questions but I couldn't find much info on the site.[/QUOTE]

Ya sorry we are lacking a lot of great info that should be up on the site. Shipping for one game is $3.30 and for two or more it is $5.00. Also we ship parcel post from Massachusetts and New Hampshire. All games at the moment have cover art except Call of duty 4 for the ps3.

Edit: Disgaea 3 is used, I know its a bit over priced.

[quote name='x9248']Is that Disgaea new or used? Used at Gamestop is only $12.

All used games come with manual and original box? Where do you ship from? Do you combine shipping on multiple orders or is it flat-rate like GoHastings? Sorry to ask questions but I couldn't find much info on the site.[/QUOTE]

This is a startup business, after all. Don't expect everyone to be able to compete with gamestop.

That said... some of these prices are pretty good. I'd bite on COD5 if it wasn't for my hate of the PS3 controller for shooters.

[quote name='TheGameEmporium']Ya sorry we are lacking a lot of great info that should be up on the site. Shipping for one game is $3.30 and for two or more it is $5.00. Also we ship parcel post from Massachusetts and New Hampshire. All games at the moment have cover art except Call of duty 4 for the ps3.

Edit: Disgaea 3 is used, I know its a bit over priced.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a jerk, but if you know the game is over priced and the you know the site is lacking information then why don't you fix it? Sounds kinda fishy to me.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Not to be a jerk, but if you know the game is over priced and the you know the site is lacking information then why don't you fix it? Sounds kinda fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

The game is over priced because I bought it at Gamestop when it was 35 bucks and just trying to recoop some of that. And I'm a one man team so its hard to get all the things updated that I need to. If you want to talk or hear from people that have enjoyed my service you are more than welcome to check out our fan page on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/The-Game-Emporium/118024430751

I like your skepticism though. You are a good buyer. Knowing is half the battle.

[quote name='InFlames215']This is a startup business, after all. Don't expect everyone to be able to compete with gamestop.

That said... some of these prices are pretty good. I'd bite on COD5 if it wasn't for my hate of the PS3 controller for shooters.[/QUOTE]

Personally I am all about the 360 when it comes to shooters. But to each his own.

What the heck is the "Will call"? under shipping. Also how long does it take for payment to clear using paypal? And lastly how long will it taake for my order to be shipped and delivered?

EDIT: Took one for the team, ordered Killzone 2 for the PS3 for a total of 12.30. I'll update my status in a few days-weeks.

Sheesh man... if no one gave a startup the chance to... start up, where would any company be?

Thanks for the post, GameEmporium :)

[quote name='Finishoff']What the heck is the "Will call"? under shipping.[/QUOTE]

That is for special occasions that have to be approved by me.

[quote name='TheGameEmporium']That is for special occasions that have to be approved by me.[/QUOTE]

What does this even mean? This is kind of sketchy.

[quote name='Finishoff']What the heck is the "Will call"? under shipping. Also how long does it take for payment to clear using paypal? And lastly how long will it taake for my order to be shipped and delivered?

EDIT: Took one for the team, ordered Killzone 2 for the PS3 for a total of 12.30. I'll update my status in a few days-weeks.[/QUOTE]

"Will Call" is for pick-up. I don't work for these guys, but that's a pretty common term for businesses.(or at least small business who order from retailers near by)

Edit: I imagine you'd have to live close to the guy for the Will call option.

[quote name='Finishoff']What the heck is the "Will call"? under shipping. Also how long does it take for payment to clear using paypal? And lastly how long will it taake for my order to be shipped and delivered?

EDIT: Took one for the team, ordered Killzone 2 for the PS3 for a total of 12.30. I'll update my status in a few days-weeks.[/QUOTE]
make that two :)
KZ2 is hard to pass at that price.

Some pretty decent prices, but I went through part of the checkout process and noticed that shipping to Canada is the same price as to the US? Is that correct?

Does your website actually keep correct inventory? I was thinking about snagging killzone 2 as well but don't want to be the 3rd person to order your one copy.

[quote name='InFlames215']This is a startup business, after all. Don't expect everyone to be able to compete with gamestop.

That said... some of these prices are pretty good. I'd bite on COD5 if it wasn't for my hate of the PS3 controller for shooters.[/QUOTE]
Well then you're in luck, since I have four of those Rocketfish controllers from Best Buy with the switched out left stick and D-pad that makes them like a 360 controller.;) They are also Bluetooth, so no USB dongle is needed to make them work with the PS3.

All I really want for them is my cost($10.59) plus the real shipping cost.

If the prices are too good to be true, they probably are.

OP, I'd suggest talking with CheapyD about pimping out your site on here, since no one can self-promote without talking with CheapyD first.

he said all games have cover art when being questioned about "case and manual"? lolz what's about manual and case, dude? the lack of description on the product page is really hard for us to dispute with our credit card in case of thing goes wrong.

How hard could it be to just add detail description into his listing IF he is commited to be transparent and legit? I reckon that he could sell KZ2 for higher if he craiglist or Ebay them... why didn't he? lol

I might get flamed for sounding skeptical but hey it is your money, CAG members. Do what u will...greed has been a powerful tool lately to scam ppl out of their money.

[quote name='TooDelicious']Halo: Reach - Xbox 360 $5.00
No way...[/QUOTE]

"A 5 dollar deposit is required for a pre-order. A bill for the remainder will be sent to your pay-pal account and must be paid before the purchase will be shipped. " That's why it says $5.

Anyway, I can't even find any specific contact information on this site. Usually it's in its own block, even if it ends up being a P.O. box. If nobody were to have asked, all we know is there's a phone number, and that some guy named 'Rob Witbeck' reviews the games (where are the reviews?). We also know a little bit about your history. Other than that, we know nothing, and uninformed consumers in an online world aren't consumers at all.

Would definitely pick up Killzone 2 for that price, but since there's really no detail as to what condition the game will come in, packaging, and how legit this is, I'll wait a few more days to see if the other CAGs get their orders in time. Otherwise I can always goozex it with the abundant points I have.

As for the condition of the site, if he's running everything by himself, that's a pretty large task at hand. Especially if this is being done on top of already having a full time job. All criticisms would more than likely be helpful for the startup as long as he doesn't allow his feelings to be hurt lol.

[quote name='TheGameEmporium']The game is over priced because I bought it at Gamestop when it was 35 bucks and just trying to recoop some of that. And I'm a one man team so its hard to get all the things updated that I need to. If you want to talk or hear from people that have enjoyed my service you are more than welcome to check out our fan page on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/The-Game-Emporium/118024430751

I like your skepticism though. You are a good buyer. Knowing is half the battle.[/QUOTE]

So your business concept is providing games that you get at Gamestop, with a small markup, to people who... can't find a Gamestop? They're in every mall in the country.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Does your website actually keep correct inventory? I was thinking about snagging killzone 2 as well but don't want to be the 3rd person to order your one copy.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt the inventory on the site is correct. I put in for a quantity of 50,000 Killzone 2, and it added them to my cart. Damn...if I just had an extra $450,000 laying around! ;)

Just tried again on Legend of Legaia for the PS1...this time for 100,000,000 copies...it added them to my cart for a cool $4 billion dollars.

Tip for the OP - You need to fix your site before advertising it anywhere.

Here's the info from their "Contact Us" link, typographical errors and all:

[quote name='From "Contact Us"']
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]About The Game Emporium[/FONT]
[FONT="Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=#666666] Hi there gamer, we are The Game Emporium and we are here to help you with any gaming needs you may have. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerens. The best way to contact us is by E-mail [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]. If you would prefer to call our number is (802) 738-0096. We will help you out as fast as we can with anything you need.

Now about us, The Game Emporium started in July 2009 with $250 and a stack of old games. We have grown and are continuing to grow with the support of our loyal customers and the energy they bring. Most online retailers offer a good price and convenient shopping. We aim to offer those same qualities but we put customer service at the top of out list. We are here because of you, so we want you to be the one that walks away with a smile. We offer many great service that we hope will help you make a great decision. Check out our Services tab to see what we have to offer you.

We do apologise for the constant changing of our website and any inconsistencies you may find. We are working constantly to so the best we can, but come back regularly to see new changes and updated new.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote][FONT="Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]

Sounds like some kids with a stack of old games and some money saved mowing lawns started a business. Not that it's a bad thing at all. I wish more people would sell games for the price of game store trade in value rather than trading games in only to see them marked up and sold.

[quote name='TheGameEmporium']Personally I am all about the 360 when it comes to shooters. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

The 360 controller analog stick, with the "crater" in the middle, is a bit more precise imo. But I have a PC, so I actually don't even play my 360 anymore.

The profit margins are so low in this business. It seems like you'll be having more headaches than revenue. It's time to strike while the iron is hot and call it quits.

Appealing to CHEAP ASS gamers is also the worst business idea ever. That is, unless you hate money.

A little checkout. Sorry for lousy pic. Just over 1,000,000,000,000 and only $5 shipped.
Alittlecheckout.jpg

[quote name='freeorelse']A little checkout. Sorry for lousy pic. Just over 1,000,000,000,000 and only $5 shipped.[/QUOTE]

WTF is wrong with you?

[quote name='freeorelse']A little checkout. Sorry for lousy pic. Just over 1,000,000,000,000 and only $5 shipped.
Alittlecheckout.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Those are some awesome shipping rates.

bread's done
Back