- - - - -

Steam Summer Sale SALE OVER.

#1861 kynetarse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

kynetarse

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

May pick up Madballs Babo Invasion. Tried during the free weekend a couple months ago and it was surprisingly fun.

#1862 krnhorang85   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

krnhorang85

How is Tropico 3?

I'd say it's more of a political sim that a city builder. Your main goal is to stay in power, whether that be through democratic or authoritarian means. There is some variation in how you can build your island, but it's mostly dependent on what sort of resources you have to sustain your economy. For $7 i'd definitely recommend this game.

#1863 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I can't keep up with this thread anymore. Does anyone else try to read and keep up with the whole thing, or was it just me? I can't anymore tho. I quit. :) Still love you guys. If I miss something and someone wants my attention, PM the hell out of me. Or talk to me on the main Steam thread in the PC section. That one is easy to keep up with.

Pointless jabber: FINALLY Thief!! Now if they'd just put Vampire up for $3 as well. I grabbed Thief and Winterbottom. Would love Dragon Age Deluxe plus Awakening, but I'll wait til Holiday when it's hopefully $20-30 for the whole schebang.

What's everyone else buying? I already have X3 but have not figured out how to play it. I think there's a freaking cool space game in there, but I dunno how to work it yet.

Also have Tropico 3 and recommend it. Still like Tropico 2 best tho. :P

Tropico Reloaded (1 and 2) is on sale for like $3.xx

#1864 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

There is??? Does it work on the Steam version? I love stupid junk like that. :P Nothing like slaughtering your foe in Oblivion, stripping them naked, and playing dress up with their clothing on your pretty female character.

http://social.biowar...m/project/1105/

#1865 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

Just amended my post to reflect that. :) but it's lost a page back now anyway. I LOVE Tropico 2 and wish Tropico 4 would be "Pirate Island 2".

And thanks for the mod link!! Gotta find out if it works on the Steam version (assuming so). I have the disc version.

#1866 watcher0   CAGmeister CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Picked up PB Winterbottom and finished downloading. Its good that I waited instead of getting it from Live.

I was just thinking the same thing.

#1867 HisDivineOrder   Embrace the Dealness CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

HisDivineOrder

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

PB Winterbottom for me. Thought about Madballs and Tropico 3. Dragon Age is a deal for anyone who wants it on Steam, I guess, but I got it for cheaper than that with the EA PAX sale a while back. And DA:O for cheaper, too. When you have to log in to Steam, log in to EA, log in to Bioware, I think its probably better just to log in to EA and Bioware instead and have a physical copy.

(I wish EA would put Crysis Max Edition up instead of these Bioware titles we've seen a hundred times for the same price but lower.)

Thief 3 has problems with Win 7/Vista x64 according to the forums, so I'll be skipping that headache. Bought the GTA pack during the Rockstar Week. And imo anyone who bought Torchlight doesn't need Titan Quest because Torchlight is better in every way. Then again, I absolutely hated Titan Quest, so perhaps someone who liked it will give a reason to buy it. I bought it last year during the D2D $5 sale and I really, really regretted it. The game was garbage imo. I was hoping for a Diablo 2 like game and did not feel I got anything remotely as good. With Torchlight, I felt it was "remotely as good."

#1868 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

And imo anyone who bought Torchlight doesn't need Titan Quest because Torchlight is better in every way. Then again, I absolutely hated Titan Quest, so perhaps someone who liked it will give a reason to buy it. I bought it last year during the D2D $5 sale and I really, really regretted it. The game was garbage imo. I was hoping for a Diablo 2 like game and did not feel I got anything remotely as good. With Torchlight, I felt it was "remotely as good."

Well to me it is a slower paced Diablo 2, which isn't bad. The game has pretty nice graphics, visual effects (spells), and some funny physics. But the best part is the leveling up. That is what really made the game for me. Being able to go 2 classes.

But if you are looking for fanatic quick paced mouse clicking action then Diablo 2 or Torchlight are for you. Titan Quest gives way more customization (especially compared to Torchlight) and it also does have co-op. But it is slower. I actually really like the game and I also like Torchlight and Diablo 2 (probably about equally with Titan Quest).

#1869 Jasonofindy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Jasonofindy

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

I can definitely recommend Titan Quest: Gold to anyone who enjoys games like Diablo. It is a steal at $5.

I wonder if Sacred 2 will be on sale tomorrow to make it 3 days in a row of good diablo type games. Don't necessarily take this as a recommendation of Sacred 2 PC. I played through it on 360 and loved it. However, at the time I ran into several players who had previously played and abandoned the PC version because it was supposed to be a buggy mess. I wonder if they have since fixed it. If not, I'd be scared off because the console versions weren't exactly bug free.

#1870 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8939 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

I think there's a nudity mod for Dragon Age. :D

Okay, but is there a mod to remove everyone's skin, too?

Heh, sorry.

Does anyone who bought Titan Quest Gold through Steam know if you have to install the base game in order to play Immortal Throne?

#1871 GoJays2025   I like cake. CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Heh, sorry.

Does anyone who bought Titan Quest Gold through Steam know if you have to install the base game in order to play Immortal Throne?

You have to install both. Steam'll ask you to install the original if you try to install Immortal Throne first.

#1872 Jasonofindy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Jasonofindy

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Heh, sorry.

My recollection is that if you own both when you click "download" on Immortal Throne it actually automatically also downloads and installs Titan Quest first.

#1873 acdcrocks1980   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

acdcrocks1980

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

Glad to see San Andreas for sale, considering everyone who bought GTA3 and Vice City got screwed over during Rockstar Week.

#1874 DrUnkAgAIn   I like money. CAGiversary!   1118 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

DrUnkAgAIn

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

Picked up Puzzle Kingdoms this morning. Will probably get San Andreas tonight.

#1875 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5208 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

I'm tempted to buy Star Wars Galaxies. But I don't know if i want to deal with the monthly charges again, blah

#1876 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3239 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Glad to see San Andreas for sale, considering everyone who bought GTA3 and Vice City got screwed over during Rockstar Week.

is this cheaper than it was during rockstar week?

#1877 Brimah   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

Tropico Reloaded (1 and 2) is on sale for like $3.xx

I have never played a Tropico game, would you recommend Reloaded have better gameplay than 3? I am not looking for length of the game, as I am sure reloaded would win in that, but more the quality. Is 3 better, worse, or more of the same?

tl'dr - Tropico 3 or Tropico Reloaded?

#1878 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

OP updated.

Highly recommend Tropico 3. Just a ton of fun.

Picking up Winterbottom and Thief.

#1879 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3438 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

grabbed winterbottom

#1880 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1431 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

I'd say it's more of a political sim that a city builder. Your main goal is to stay in power, whether that be through democratic or authoritarian means. There is some variation in how you can build your island, but it's mostly dependent on what sort of resources you have to sustain your economy. For $7 i'd definitely recommend this game.

Dang it! I just bought it and the Absolute Power expansion last night. I could've saved another $2.50.

Okay, I guess it's not that bad...

#1881 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8939 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Madballs is a great deal at $1.99. But why not get it for $1.50 instead? 4-packs are on sale for $5.99.

We've set up an official Madballs trading thread here:

http://www.cheapassg...829#post7369829

0N4cFRhKX-c

The game works well with the Xbox 360 controller, if anyone is wondering.

#1882 ChernobylCow   Say_Moo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ChernobylCow

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

Many of us who bought Flatout: Ultimate Carnage are unable to play our game since none of us have CD-keys. The forums say that Valve is aware and working on the issue but if you bought it you might want to double check to see if your game will run.

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1332378

#1883 Spyder187   Scratch & Sniff! Banned   2473 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

Many of us who bought Flatout: Ultimate Carnage are unable to play our game since none of us have CD-keys. The forums say that Valve is aware and working on the issue but if you bought it you might want to double check to see if your game will run.

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1332378

I guess due to buying the game right after it went on sale I didnt have this issue. Issue I had was the damn game kept popping my key up every time i started it until i finally clicked the dont remind me option.

On a side note I would like to thank steam for giving my paypal account the day off.

#1884 superDESTROYMAN   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

superDESTROYMAN

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Thank you Steam!

I've been waiting for Tropico 3 and GTA:SA throughout this sale!

#1885 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

I guess due to buying the game right after it went on sale I didnt have this issue. Issue I had was the damn game kept popping my key up every time i started it until i finally clicked the dont remind me option.

Yeah a few games have done that for me. The most annoying was FarCry 2 because it would do that in the editor. And while in the editor you can not click the don't remind me option. So you have to quit the editor and start the game, tell it the option, and then quit and go back to the editor.

It isn't even all that necessary for it to show you. All you have to do is right click on the game (in the library) and click "view cd-key". I guess they added the auto show because people had trouble finding the cd-key or something.

And being out of Cd-Keys now shouldn't even be an issue. There are so many deals that you can buy another one (and most likely have) and that game can fill the time. This isn't like the Codemasters racing weekend where the only game i bought was FUEL and i could not play FUEL because they ran out of the keys.....

#1886 acdcrocks1980   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

acdcrocks1980

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

is this cheaper than it was during rockstar week?

No. They did something like

Monday : GTA 3 : $2.50
Tuesday: VC : $2.50
Wednesday: VC & SA : $5

That might not be exactly right, but SA was bundled with teh games taht were $2.50 the days before.

#1887 INCyr   Devotee of CAGthulhu CAGiversary!   1270 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Picked up Thief and Winterbottom, as it appears more than a few of us have. Looking forward to both (hoping I can get Thief to run on my new computer - but for $3, I'm sure I can figure something out.)

#1888 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

No. They did something like

Monday : GTA 3 : $2.50
Tuesday: VC : $2.50
Wednesday: VC & SA : $5

That might not be exactly right, but SA was bundled with teh games taht were $2.50 the days before.

Well they individually went through each game and then had Rockstar Classics pack which contained GTA 1 and 2 (which are free anyway), GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas for $7.50. Of course a lot of people had already bought previous games making the bundle pointless for them.

#1889 aznguyen316   Rock Chalk CAGiversary!   3226 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

aznguyen316

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

these sales for me are getting old. A bunch of repeats from throughout the year and last Holiday sale. Oh well, glad some people could purchase some of these games. Very glad steam is helping me out as well as myself, to be able to control my random game purchases.

#1890 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14354 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

I'm tempted to buy Star Wars Galaxies. But I don't know if i want to deal with the monthly charges again, blah

I'm super tempted to get it and just play for a month killing people. Hard to believe this game just turned seven years old, heh.

Question for anyone who bought SWG from Steam: how are the extra items distributed? What I mean is, could I redeem a code for the AT-RT on one account and put the Mustafarian bunker on another?