BlazBlue Calamity Trigger 360/PS3 19.98 @ Gamestop.com (coupon code friendly)

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
360 version
PS3 version

19.98 + tax + shipping (2.99) unless you can get your total up to $25 (use code saver if it doesn't zero out shipping automatically). I filled with a $10 gift card and applied a $10 coupon to get BlazBlue and a $10 GC for ~$21. Not too terrible if you haven't picked it up yet.

Note that their website is still being oopserific right now, but just keep going back to your cart and through the checkout process and it'll eventually work.

Found via the good 'ol CAG price tracker.

Great game and great deal, but the upgrade (Continuum Shift) comes out next month @ $39.99 new. Personally if you've waited this long, I'd go for the newer version.

Regardless, it's still a great game.

Awesome deal! I already got the game but maybe if a nice promo code comes around I can have a sealed version too.

But yea Continuum Shift comes out in just a few months it might just be worth waiting for that.

Thanks for the notification, OP. Yeah, there's a new one coming out, but it'll take a long while for it to go down to a price I'd be willing to pay.

Ordered w/ a $10 coupon and the NEW15 code to get it for $10.81 shipped.

[quote name='eugaet']Thanks for the notification, OP. Yeah, there's a new one coming out, but it'll take a long while for it to go down to a price I'd be willing to pay.

Ordered w/ a $10 coupon and the NEW15 code to get it for $10.81 shipped.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I can't get my $10 coupon to stack with new15 on this. That a $10 coupon that you got for a purchase of another game?

Edit: PS3 version?

A lot of people saying to hold out for Continuum Shift haven't played Calamity Trigger. In my opinion, the story is very in-depth and incredibly enjoyable, ESPECIALLY in a fighting game, and Continuum Shift's story might not make much sense if you never played Calamity Trigger. If you've got a $10 coupon to burn, ~$10 after it and NEW15 is a STEAL, and you should consider it.

Hmm, this is odd (did we expect anything else from GS?): new15 will stack with a $10 coupon for the 360 version, but not for the PS3 version. At least, that's what I'm getting out of it.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']A lot of people saying to hold out for Continuum Shift haven't played Calamity Trigger. In my opinion, the story is very in-depth and incredibly enjoyable, ESPECIALLY in a fighting game, and Continuum Shift's story might not make much sense if you never played Calamity Trigger. If you've got a $10 coupon to burn, ~$10 after it and NEW15 is a STEAL, and you should consider it.[/QUOTE]

I second this, story mode is the main reason why I'm getting Continuum Shift on release date instead of waiting for a price drop like I usually do.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I am having trouble stacking New15 and 10 off coupon for the 360 version also.[/QUOTE]
I was able to do it fine for the 360 version. But not the PS3 version.
Edit: Well, I was. Not getting it now.
Correction: I get 15% off of ONE of them if I add both the PS3 and 360 versions. But not if I just have one or the other. Shrugs, who knows how this thing works.

Hate to keep posting, but I think I've figured it out. Here's how you can get new15 to stack with the $10 coupon code. Add a preorder first (I did Blazblue: Continuum Shift). Then add Calamity Trigger. You should now see -$10 for the coupon code, and -$3 for Calamity Trigger. Then you should be able to cancel your preorder at some point before release (I don't forsee any problem with that. Your preorder should show up as full price in your order).

The $10 coupon code seems to mark the first item in your cart over $10 as not being eligible for new15, but every other item in your cart stacks with it.

Edit: Anyone know how canceled preorders affect "saver"? Do you get charged shipping retroactively if the canceled preorder brings your total below $25?

thanks op i was looking for a way to get rid of the crappy 10$ coupon. i did what you did and got a gift card with free shipping. Quality

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']A lot of people saying to hold out for Continuum Shift haven't played Calamity Trigger. In my opinion, the story is very in-depth and incredibly enjoyable, ESPECIALLY in a fighting game, and Continuum Shift's story might not make much sense if you never played Calamity Trigger.[/QUOTE]

The idea of buying fighting games for their stories sickens me.

Hmmm, gamestop canceled my order (I presume because I used the gift card filler and as a result the $10 coupon took part of the value off of the gift card). Now the 360 version is out of stock so I can't reorder. Funny that this would happen the one time I was actually not trying to take advantage of them.

Sorry for the late reply, I was AFK for a while.

It was the 360 version. I got a $10 off coupon code (no minimum, but an order less than $10 would forfeit the remainder) for the earlier Tatsunoko vs. Capcom deal...but I had to email them after it didn't show 5 weeks after my order. It was a letter-first code, so I was pretty happy about that since it seems like everyone (myself included) was having issues with number-first codes. I entered the $10 coupon code first and NEW15 second. Took off $10 and $3, no problem. I did not have to add anything else to the cart or perform any tricks for it to accept both codes.

Thanks alot OP, that was an awesome deal.
o.gif

[quote name='SpoDaddy']The idea of buying fighting games for their stories sickens me.[/QUOTE]

You've obviously not played Blazblue's story, or you're too stuck up to give it a chance. The characters have intriguing backstories, and the story is very self aware. It's the only fighting game where I've really enjoyed the story telling aspect of it and not just the lore surrounding it.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Is there any place where I can get the Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, 3d party sellers on Amazon had a few.

Isn't BlazBlue Continuity Shift or something coming out in the next month, which is just this game but better/added stuff?
I hear you saying it has a different story, but is there going to be different tophies? Im trying to talk myself into buying this but I already have blazblue cs reserved for 10 off for $32. Unless there is a whole different set of trophies or something i will just pay 20 more and get the advanced version in a month.
Is the Calamity Trigger story going to be unavailable to play in the 2nd? or will it have both?
well, bestbuy tiv gives $11. so i might as well try it out as a rental/refresher before the psuedosequel comes out, keep it if i love it, thanx ! :)

found the new trophy list - http://www.succesfull.fr/index.php?option=com_succesfull&Itemid=5&l=fr&JeuID=913
and the old - http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/blazblue/guide/

so being the trophy whore i have become, i will not get both... lol. thanx!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']Isn't BlazBlue Continuity Shift or something coming out in the next month, which is just this game but better/added stuff?
I hear you saying it has a different story, but is there going to be different tophies? Im trying to talk myself into buying this but I already have blazblue cs reserved for 10 off for $32. Unless there is a whole different set of trophies or something i will just pay 20 more and get the advanced version in a month.
Is the Calamity Trigger story going to be unavailable to play in the 2nd? or will it have both?
well, bestbuy tiv gives $11. so i might as well try it out as a rental/refresher before the psuedosequel comes out, keep it if i love it, thanx ! :)

found the new trophy list - http://www.succesfull.fr/index.php?option=com_succesfull&Itemid=5&l=fr&JeuID=913

so being the trophy whore i have become, i will not get both... lol. thanx![/QUOTE]
New achievements/trophies, new story, new characters, re-balanced gameplay, plus a bunch of new modes. You'll still be able to play online but I'm sure the community is going to die down since most players will be moving to CS.

oops, my bad. lol. i meant i will 'now' get both. not not get both... im too rushed these days! i need to chill more n play more games. take it easy

for those that ordered have any of your orders gone through? my order is still pending from like 3 days ago. hopefully they are just busy or something, i didnt order anything crazy. i did use a $10 coupon tho so i better get that back if they cancel it for some odd reason. maybe they just sold more new copies than they had and are waiting to restock. idk

[quote name='Velo214']for those that ordered have any of your orders gone through? my order is still pending from like 3 days ago. hopefully they are just busy or something, i didnt order anything crazy. i did use a $10 coupon tho so i better get that back if they cancel it for some odd reason. maybe they just sold more new copies than they had and are waiting to restock. idk[/QUOTE]

My order still on pending since the first day of this thread. I also have used demon soul on pending for a week now. I also used 10 dollars coupon each order.

Got my copy of BlazBlue today. Ordered on the 25th, shipped on the 25th according to the tracking number. I didn't get the order shipped confirmation email until last night, though.

[quote name='Velo214']Isn't BlazBlue Continuity Shift or something coming out in the next month, which is just this game but better/added stuff?

so being the trophy whore i have become, i will not get both... lol. thanx![/QUOTE]

BlazBlue Continuum shift won't be released next month as it was pushed back to October I believe. Not sure why no retailers updated this yet.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']BlazBlue Continuum shift won't be released next month as it was pushed back to October I believe. Not sure why no retailers updated this yet.[/QUOTE]

It's coming out in Europe in October. Japan gets it in a few days and the US gets it at the end of July.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Anyone getting the PS3 version? I need some motivation to get through the 350 online matches required for the trophies.[/QUOTE]
I got it on PS3 (I'm anti-red-red-ring), luckily before it went OOS. I somehow found the deal WITHOUT CAG! :cold: Decided to jump on it before it sold out. Good thing.

[quote name='Velo214']for those that ordered have any of your orders gone through? my order is still pending from like 3 days ago. hopefully they are just busy or something, i didnt order anything crazy. i did use a $10 coupon tho so i better get that back if they cancel it for some odd reason. maybe they just sold more new copies than they had and are waiting to restock. idk[/QUOTE]

Mine looks like it shipped today! Woo! I think I ordered it in the middle of the night on 6/25!

yeah my preorder through gamestop still says july 27th, weird. and im thinkn gamestop might have banned me or some junk. my order still says pending and i ordered it on the 25th also, grrr. i have 600 cred so this is fuck n bs. oh wellz...

FWIW, the copy I ordered and had shipped the same day (25th) was for the 360. Like I said, though, no shipping confirmation email until 2 days after it had already shipped.

well, it might be better i just got a generic response to a [email protected] email i sent.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Upon review of order 4xxxxxxxx, our records show that it is being
processed for shipping as of the writing of this email.

We appreciate your business, we also apologize for any inconvenience and
look forward to fulfilling your future gaming needs.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best regards,
Edward
Customer Service Agent

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
I made this order saturday morning at 12:43 before going to bed and the
order is still pending. Is there a reason it hasn't shipped yet?
Thank you, Mina

edit - mine shipped im good. i need to toke n chill more n not stress about shipping dates/etc. it's just a game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rainking187']

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']BlazBlue Continuum shift won't be released next month as it was pushed back to October I believe. Not sure why no retailers updated this yet.[/QUOTE]

It's coming out in Europe in October. Japan gets it in a few days and the US gets it at the end of July.[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ, don't scare me like that!

Thanks! I just picked up a copy at the Gamestop near my house.

I was glad to find that it was the same price in the store as it was online, unlike many of their used games which can be cheaper online but never in stock.

If anyone's interested, the used copies have dropped to 17.99 (were 24.99 when this thread was started). The 360 version used is In Stock online, but you know what a crapshoot that is.

bread's done
Back