iPhone, iPad & iOS Discussion -- White iPhone on Sale 4/28

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Apple (AAPL) will start selling the white iPhone 4 starting Thursday, the Cupertino company announced today.
The phone, which was delayed by production problems, will be sold at Apple's online and physical stores, AT&T and Verizon stores, and other retailers.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17939349?nclick_check=1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple today unveiled the iPad 2, the follow-up to the original iPad it released last April. The iPad 2 features an all-new design along with new features including built-in cameras and a new gyroscope.

At the heart of the iPad 2 is a 1.2GHz dual-core Apple A5 processor, a boost over the 1GHz A4 in the first iPad. Apple says the A5 is two-times faster than the previous processor, and graphics performance is nine times faster.

Full Story - http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/221165/apple_reveals_ipad_2.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verizon iPhone Official.

We've waited and waited, and now Apple and Verizon have made a million dreams come true: the iPhone is coming to Big Red. After talking up his new LTE network a bit, Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam confirmed a CDMA (non-LTE) version of the iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon Wireless next month. Talks started way back in 2008, and the phone has been in testing for a year -- it sounds like they wanted to get this one right. Current Verizon customers will be able to pre-order on Feburary 3rd for the standard $200 price for the 16GB model on a two year agreement, $300 for the 32GB version -- everyone else can order on February 10th (see it compared with AT&T's iPhone 4). Just to clarify and put any wild rumors to bed, the phone is Verizon 3G (EV-DO) only, no 4G data or GSM roaming. It's not a world phone or an AT&T + Verizon phone, it's just a Verizon phone.

Outside of Verizon connectivity, the phone is basically unchanged, although Verizon's CDMA network doesn't support simultaneous voice and data as with the GSM version. It does have the new antenna design we were hearing about last week, but that's just because CMDA requires a different configuration of antennas. (Apple says they didn't go LTE just yet because first-gen chipsets would force unwanted design decisions, and customers want a Verizon device now.) That slight modification also equates to a slight bump in where the volume buttons and mute switch -- a new case might be required. Software-wise the big innovation is five user WiFi hotspot functionality, something that's standard on Android phones, while Apple has kept the iPhone only able to tether directly to one computer.

Check out our full hands-on with the Verizon iPhone right here, and stay tuned -- we've got lots more coming up.

http://www.engadget.com/apple/verizon-iphone/

special thanks for the detailed post JaxMoney

[quote name='JaxMoney']Apple iPhone 4
apple-iphone-4-31.jpg

Anyone have one already? Going to get one?

Feel free to discuss your experience with the iPhone 4. Share your thoughts, concerns, tips/advice, tricks, etc.

The new 4 is sick, and I'm hoping to get my hands on my first iPhone. Unfortunately it won't be until November when my contract expires, so I can renew it and get a new phone.

Official iPhone 4 Release Video: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/apple-iphone-4/2/#ooid=1jMWZnMTrhuYB91MVNZwORpd4ZAaNjuX

iPhone 4 Features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9nN6LPB3V8

Apple's iPhone 4 Features/Info: http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

iPhone 4 Technical Specifications:

Size & Weight

Height:4.5 inches (115.2 mm)Width:2.31 inches (58.6 mm)Depth:0.37 inch (9.3 mm)Weight:4.8 ounces (137 grams)

Cellular/Wireless

• UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
  • 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
  • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology
  • Assisted GPS
  • Digital compass
  • Wi-Fi
  • Cellular
Power & Battery

• Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
  • Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
  • Talk time:Up to 7 hours on 3GUp to 14 hours on 2G
  • Standby time: Up to 300 hours
  • Internet use:Up to 6 hours on 3GUp to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
  • Video playback: Up to 10 hours
  • Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
Mac System Requirements

• Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
  • Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
  • iTunes 9.2 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
  • iTunes Store account
  • Internet access
Windows System Requirements

• PC with USB 2.0 port
  • Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
  • iTunes 9.2 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
  • iTunes Store account
  • Internet access
Environmental Requirements

• Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F
    (0° to 35° C)
  • Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F
    (-20° to 45° C)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
  • Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
Capacity

• 16GB or 32GB flash drive
Color

• White or black
Display

• Retina display
  • 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
  • 960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
  • 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front and back
  • Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Audio Playback

• Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
  • User-configurable maximum volume limit
TV & Video

• Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
  • Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)
Languages

• Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, and Vietnamese
  • Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German, Traditional Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Wubihua), Simplified Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Wubihua), Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Latvian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Bulgarian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Catalan, and Vietnamese
  • Dictionary support (enables predictive text and autocorrect) for English (U.S.), English (UK), French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malaysian, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, and Vietnamese
Camera, Photos, and Video

• Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
  • 5-megapixel still camera
  • VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second with the front camera
  • Tap to focus video or still images
  • LED flash
  • Photo and video geotagging
External Buttons/Controls

• Sleep/wake
  • Ring/silent
  • Volume up/down
  • Home
Sensors

• Three-axis gyro
  • Accelerometer
  • Proximity sensor
  • Ambient light sensor
Connectors & Input/Output

• 30-pin dock connector
  • 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
  • Built-in speaker
  • Microphone
  • Micro-SIM card tray
Headphones

• Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
  • Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Impedance: 32 ohms
What's In the Box?

• iPhone 4
  • Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
  • Dock Connector to USB Cable
  • USB Power Adapter
  • Documentation
[/QUOTE]

Game Center

Game Center
iOS 4 introduces the Game Center app. An out-of-the-box social gaming network for iPhone 4 and iPod touch. Invite friends to join. Then totally crush them. Take a look at how your score ranks among your friends and other players of each game. Compare game achievements with your friends. Get matched up and put together a select group of friends to play. Or choose to automatically go up against people you don’t know in a multiplayer game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own an iphone ....but that's just nuts...you can't hold it a certain way and apple telling consumers that's its your fault? what?

How the hell are you suppose to hold it? With gloves? Tweezers?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I don't own an iphone ....but that's just nuts...you can't hold it a certain way and apple telling consumers that's its your fault? what?

How the hell are you suppose to hold it? With gloves? Tweezers?[/QUOTE]

There are two points (one on each side) at the bottom of the phone where the different antennas are split and separated by a small gap. The problem is that if your fingers are right over that gap, they end up acting as a conductor between them and shorting them. To be fair, it's not really a design flaw per se -- these antennas would have to be separated no matter how or where they're situated. It's only a problem because they're on the outside of the phone, and thus exposed to things (like fingers) that could cross them. There's no real way that it could be avoided with external antennas. From what I've read, it's only actually a problem if both gaps are crossed.

Personally, I think that it would be incredibly uncomfortable to hold the phone in such a way that the gaps on both sides would be crossed like that. I've tried, and it just felt unnatural. But that's just me, I guess.

For those who are having problems, a case or a bumper (which is a good idea anyway) should clear it up. So I actually kind of agree with Jobs on this one -- not really an issue.

That being said, I'm trying to run my phone battery all the way down before charging it, and I'm trying to use streaming media to do it, and the signal keeps dropping. I'm pretty sure that's AT&T's crappy network, though, because the phone is reporting five bars of service. I hope that we're not in for another round of AT&T-can't-keep-up-with-the-network-demand issues.

[quote name='arcane93']That being said, I'm trying to run my phone battery all the way down before charging it, and I'm trying to use streaming media to do it, and the signal keeps dropping. I'm pretty sure that's AT&T's crappy network, though, because the phone is reporting five bars of service. I hope that we're not in for another round of AT&T-can't-keep-up-with-the-network-demand issues.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i thought that my hand positioning was messing with the signal (and im pretty sure it is) but i think its being compounded by bad reception at work. when i used the phone outside the office i didnt notice any significant problems with reception. hard to say because ive been using the phone actively less than 12 hours now. will just have to give it a little more trial and error.

[quote name='PC Mag']In extremely weak signal conditions in our lab and our basement, the iPhone 3GS actually connected slightly more calls successfully than the iPhone 4 did[/QUOTE]

so im thinking maybe i just worse reception at work with this phone. if thats the case, then its something i can live with. if i continue to have poor results when im out and about or at home, then we got a big problem.

i do expect some kind of backlash from steve jobs "avoid holding it that way" response and would think that apple is going to have to address this in the near future in a more useful capacity.

With my media streaming issues, I have the phone just sitting on my desk, and I'm not even touching it. So it's definitely not a problem with how it's being held there.

I did make a couple of calls earlier (to Apple about the yellow spot issue, actually), and didn't have any reception problems whatsoever with those.

[quote name='arcane93']That being said, I'm trying to run my phone battery all the way down before charging it, and I'm trying to use streaming media to do it, and the signal keeps dropping. I'm pretty sure that's AT&T's crappy network, though, because the phone is reporting five bars of service. I hope that we're not in for another round of AT&T-can't-keep-up-with-the-network-demand issues.[/QUOTE]

there is no reason to fully discharge an iphone's battery before recharging. lithium ion batteries have no memory

http://www.apple.com/batteries/

You can also recharge a lithium-ion polymer battery whenever convenient, without the full charge or discharge cycle necessary to keep nickel-based batteries at peak performance. (Over time, crystals build up in nickel-based batteries and prevent you from charging them completely, necessitating an inconvenient full discharge.)

[quote name='Malik112099']there is no reason to fully discharge an iphone's battery before recharging. lithium ion batteries have no memory[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, but I figure what the hell . . . can't hurt.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, I know, but I figure what the hell . . . can't hurt.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but it is a waste of time and literally pointless.

You remind me of my wife. She read the insert for activating the iphone 4 and it says to first fully charge the phone. She asked if I did and I said no and that doesnt matter. She was like "but it says to do it!"

These batteries are nothing like the old batteries where you had to fully discharge and you couldnt just willy nilly throw on a charger.

[quote name='Malik112099']yeah, but it is a waste of time and literally pointless.[/QUOTE]

Haha. You severely underestimate the power of sitting at a desk all day with nothing better to do. :lol:

To be fair, this was also an exercise to see just how much the battery could take before being depleted. I'm pretty impressed with it, I had to do a lot more with the phone than I normally would do with it in an average day to wear it out. Definitely better than my 3G was, even when it was new.

[quote name='Malik112099']You remind me of my wife. She read the insert for activating the iphone 4 and it says to first fully charge the phone. She asked if I did and I said no and that doesnt matter. She was like "but it says to do it!"[/QUOTE]

Heh, actually mine came out of the box reporting a 98% charge, so I figure that they had already fully charged it before boxing it up.

I'm preordering one this weekend. I just confirmed that I can transfer my blackberry service to the iPhone so that's what I'll do. My work pays for my blackberry ($48/month) but the device is in my name (I actually get reimbursed). We get an 18% discount on service from AT&T so the iPhone plan will be roughly $61/month meaning I only have to pay $13/month for this thing. I currently pay $45/month for my crappy Verizon phone that is like 4 years old and doesn't do any sort of data other than the archaic text messages via keypad so this is a definite win for me.

[quote name='Malik112099']yeah..the battery life IS noticeably better. At my usual phone plug in times the new one really doesnt need it[/QUOTE]

im at 42% right now. phone has been away from the charger for 8 hours now. so thats pretty good. only made a couple of calls, but have been using apps throughout the day like facebook, words with friends and carcassonne. so it does seem a bit better.

[quote name='arcane93']There are two points (one on each side) at the bottom of the phone where the different antennas are split and separated by a small gap. The problem is that if your fingers are right over that gap, they end up acting as a conductor between them and shorting them. To be fair, it's not really a design flaw per se -- these antennas would have to be separated no matter how or where they're situated. It's only a problem because they're on the outside of the phone, and thus exposed to things (like fingers) that could cross them. There's no real way that it could be avoided with external antennas. From what I've read, it's only actually a problem if both gaps are crossed.

Personally, I think that it would be incredibly uncomfortable to hold the phone in such a way that the gaps on both sides would be crossed like that. I've tried, and it just felt unnatural. But that's just me, I guess.

For those who are having problems, a case or a bumper (which is a good idea anyway) should clear it up. So I actually kind of agree with Jobs on this one -- not really an issue.[/QUOTE]

You know I was actually thinking about will it be ok with a case on it? Considering the price tag of that thing, I would want it incased in some sort of protective housing.

[quote name='Cracka']my cell phone carrier still doesn't carry iphones. It's getting pretty annoying[/QUOTE]

and it's going to be like that for a long while ..or until 2012. ..or they could screw us over by renewing their exclusivity to the network indefentily. Not to start a flame war, but the iphone technology is great, but it's on the wrong wireless network carrier. People use the phone more for applications than the phone itself.

I seriously doubt Apple will sign another exclusivity deal with anyone. They can likely make more by going to as many carriers as possible so they can sell as many phones as possible.

I strongly believe that no matter which carrier the iphone would have started out on, people would have bitched. I don't think anyone's network was ready for the iphone when it came out.

I've been reading around and it seems that even though other phones like the Droid X and the Evo 4G have a higher mp camera (8mp) the actual image quality of the iphone 4's 5mp images are better. Anybody else read anything about this?

[quote name='Malik112099']I've been reading around and it seems that even though other phones like the Droid X and the Evo 4G have a higher mp camera (8mp) the actual image quality of the iphone 4's 5mp images are better. Anybody else read anything about this?[/QUOTE]

yeah ive read similar things. i took a photo of my bookshelf with my 3g and then with my 4. this image quality is vastly better. dont know anyone with a droid x or evo to compare though.

this is what i was reading
http://www.pcworld.com/article/199845/smartphone_camera_battle_iphone_4_vs_the_android_army.html

[quote name='Malik112099']I strongly believe that no matter which carrier the iphone would have started out on, people would have bitched. I don't think anyone's network was ready for the iphone when it came out.[/QUOTE]

The world in general wasn't ready for the iphone or the app store lol.

3g facetime doesn't look promising by the engadget article. (edit ...someone mentioned it in here...whatever)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/25/iphone-4-facetime-over-a-mifi-connection-because-we-had-to-try/

I am still waiting on the second shipment from best buy. blarg

How is the antenna for everyone? I know it 'drops bars' but according to Walt Mossberg at the Wall Street Journal he said its just a software thing and it doesn't effect the calls, then people are posting videos of it actually dropping calls. So has it effected u cags at all?

Anyone know of a site that shows app store updates and their fix log so i know that its been patched to use multitasking, etc.

When I receive or make calls to my wife her contact picture is full screen but on her end my contact picture is just in the top right corner. She wants it full screen as well. Anyone know how to change that?

EDIT: nevermind..figured it out

Browse to the contact and tap edit.
Tap on the photo.
Tap edit photo.
After it opens in fullscreen, tap set photo and save the contact.

Is everyone here having the antenna issue, or perhaps is it a defect in only some iPhone 4's? I'm hoping it's the latter. If it's all of them I'm going to have to consider canceling my order. I hope Apple and Jobs will clarify the situation soon.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is everyone here having the antenna issue, or perhaps is it a defect in only some iPhone 4's? I'm hoping it's the latter. If it's all of them I'm going to have to consider canceling my order. I hope Apple and Jobs will clarify the situation soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='naiku']

How is the antenna for everyone? I know it 'drops bars' but according to Walt Mossberg at the Wall Street Journal he said its just a software thing and it doesn't effect the calls, then people are posting videos of it actually dropping calls. So has it effected u cags at all?
[/QUOTE]

im definitely noticing a drop in bars when i hold the phone a certain way. i havent had any calls drop. but i have had laggy games of carcassonne and words with friends. i do have a small case on my phone, so m not sure if using a different case would help.

[quote name='naiku']How is the antenna for everyone? I know it 'drops bars' but according to Walt Mossberg at the Wall Street Journal he said its just a software thing and it doesn't effect the calls, then people are posting videos of it actually dropping calls. So has it effected u cags at all?[/QUOTE]

I've only made a couple of calls, but the quality on them was just fine.

On the other hand, I've been having a hell of a time with the internet -- even when it's showing five bars, it can't seem to reliably connect to anything. I haven't even been able to check email several times now. I don't know if that's an issue with the phone, or if AT&T is once again unable to keep up with the demand that all of the new users are putting on the network. It's reminding me very much of the issues two years ago when that was the case. I sure as hell hope that they get things up to speed a lot faster this time, I don't think I'm willing to put up with another round of a few months with no decent internet connectivity.

Anyone else having internet issues?

reports are saying the antenna issue is going to be corrected with the release of iOS 4.01. they say it's a bug with the way the software calibrates and changes frequencies (essentially it doesn't). it could release as early as Monday. I'll have my fingers crossed.

I got my iPhone 4 on Wednesday and am a little disappointed as I have some dust under my screen and either a hair under the screen or a small S shaped scratch on the front glass. I am not looking forward to having to wait for the long lines at the Apple Store trying to get a replacement.

[quote name='Owen']I got my iPhone 4 on Wednesday and am a little disappointed as I have some dust under my screen and either a hair under the screen or a small S shaped scratch on the front glass. I am not looking forward to having to wait for the long lines at the Apple Store trying to get a replacement.[/QUOTE]

Call ahead and schedule a "Genius Bar" appointment. I did that for my yellow spot issue, and there was a short wait when I got there, but I didn't have to deal with any lines.

Wanting to upgrade from my 3G to the 4, but I cannot get ahold of anybody at the closest AT&T stores. (About 35 miles away.) I don't want to make the trip down there just to be told they don't have them in.

[quote name='Rig']Wanting to upgrade from my 3G to the 4, but I cannot get ahold of anybody at the closest AT&T stores. (About 35 miles away.) I don't want to make the trip down there just to be told they don't have them in.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, AT&T stores (at least around here, though I think it might be all over) aren't going to have any for walk-ins until the 29th. Until then, it's pick-up for pre-orders only.

This is interesting...

My first iPhone 4 (the one that I took back this afternoon because of the yellow spots) had really poor reception in my basement (the rec room where the TV/video game consoles are, so I'm down there a lot!) -- it would frequently lose its connection to the network entirely, and I could actually watch the battery drain quickly as it struggled to find and keep a signal. My old 3G used to only get one or two bars down there most of the time, but it was at least able to keep a connection.

I got my replacement phone today, and I've been sitting down here all afternoon since then watching the World Cup, and... the new phone has been showing four to five bars the entire time. I haven't seen it drop its connection once.

So... maybe the antenna was bad in the first one as well?

I'm really starting to lose confidence in Apple's quality control. Hopefully I got a good one this time.

Edit: Just realized, I should probably note -- these signal observations were with the phones sitting on the couch next to me (connected to the laptop for syncing), and I wasn't even touching either phone. So what I'm talking about isn't the "you're holding it wrong" issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
People tend to forget that there is an acceptable percentage of defects in electronics when they come out. When you sell 1 million of them day one it will seem like there is a lot wrong when there really isn't. The only issue I've had is with the proximity sensor during a call and my cheek hitting a button.

[quote name='Malik112099']People tend to forget that there is an acceptable percentage of defects in electronics when they come out. When you sell 1 million of them day one it will seem like there is a lot wrong when there really isn't. The only issue I've had is with the proximity sensor during a call and my cheek hitting a button.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to cut them some slack on the yellow spot issue, but if there really was a problem with the antenna on that first phone . . . That I'm pretty unhappy about, because if I hadn't seen the difference in the new phone, I would have never known there was a problem, I would have just gone on thinking that the iPhone 4's antenna just wasn't as good as the one in the 3G. It worked just well enough that it seemed functional. But looking at the comparative reception in the exact same place, it's pretty obvious the second phone's antenna is working much better.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I love mine, the screen is INSANE. I can't get over how good it really is. Not the mention the thing is shit hot fast.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. The display looks so nice. I was skeptical as to how much of an upgrade it would actually be from the 3GS, but it's definitely noticeable.

Haven't had any issues with the reception or discoloration thus far *knock on wood*.

[quote name='arcane93']From what I've heard, AT&T stores (at least around here, though I think it might be all over) aren't going to have any for walk-ins until the 29th. Until then, it's pick-up for pre-orders only.[/QUOTE]

Guess I shouldn't be in a rush then. I didn't really look up the details...thanks.

I'm not even sure if I will be able to get it at the $199 price. I prolly have around six months on my 2-year contract already...will I be able to start a new contract for the $199 price? Or, am I eligible for an "upgrade"?

[quote name='Rig']I'm not even sure if I will be able to get it at the $199 price. I prolly have around six months on my 2-year contract already...will I be able to start a new contract for the $199 price? Or, am I eligible for an "upgrade"?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that you're six months into your current contract, or that you have six months left on it?

My understanding is that AT&T is giving the upgrade price (i.e. $199/$299) to anyone who is eligible for an upgrade at any time in 2010. You'd have to check with them to find out the details, though.

[quote name='arcane93']From what I've heard, AT&T stores (at least around here, though I think it might be all over) aren't going to have any for walk-ins until the 29th. Until then, it's pick-up for pre-orders only.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='arcane93']Do you mean that you're six months into your current contract, or that you have six months left on it?

My understanding is that AT&T is giving the upgrade price (i.e. $199/$299) to anyone who is eligible for an upgrade at any time in 2010. You'd have to check with them to find out the details, though.[/QUOTE]

I've had my 3G iPhone for about a year and a half (probably). My contract may expire in March? I cannot really remember.

I do know that when I log in to my AT&T account online, it says I'm eligible for an upgrade. Hopefully, that means I'm fine. I may try again next weekend.

bread's done
Back