XBOX 360 SE Final Fantasy XIII 250GB Elite Bundle $199 @ WALMART YMMV (PICS)

aleraiders

CAGiversary!
i was strolling by walmart, and noticed a red clearanced sticker at the bottom of the glass video game cases, i looked down and saw $199 for the bundle

the splinter cell conviction bundle also has been said to have dropped along with the FFXIII bundle but it has not been confirmed

[IMG-L=5806]16085[/IMG-L][IMG-L=5806]16079[/IMG-L][IMG-L=5806]16078[/IMG-L]

Includes:

250 GB HDD
2 Controllers (batteries included)
head set
av cables
ethernet cable
FF XIII
XBOX Live Silver Membership

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty awesome deal. Its funny, 100 bucks cheaper and you get about 80-120 (depending on where you buy the controller/game) of free stuff and yet I'm kind of happier with the 360 S because its so damn quiet.

2 year service plan??!!! :lol:

I wouldn't consider this a repost since that last thread died out almost a week ago with nobody finding them in-store. Here we have visual "evidence" right off the bat.

An actual in-store pic of the red clearanced tag would've have been better though. Camera phone anyone? :razz:

[quote name='TXboxGuY']2 year service plan??!!! :lol:

I wouldn't consider this a repost since that last thread died out almost a week ago with nobody finding them in-store. Here we have visual "evidence" right off the bat.

An actual in-store pic of the red clearanced tag would've have been better though. Camera phone anyone? :razz:[/QUOTE]

im going back to walmart tom, if the tag is still there i'll take a pic

[quote name='SLeeK719']Did you actually buy one OP? Or did you just happen to see one of these bundles in the spot of where the arcarde model should be so you assume it's that price?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']god that would be the biggest fail post of the year. (outside of spam)[/QUOTE]

the OP in the other thread didnt really sound like he bought one, and i actually bought one

[quote name='coldlight']hey guy this totally doesn't sound like a national sale. me and my buddy zach were browsing the cag forums and we found this thread, that is most likely totally where your post should be....

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181123[/QUOTE]

actually ive been posting pics of deals, and no body pays attention, i posted a pic when this bundle dropped to $249 a few weeks ago, and then the bundles dissappeared, i really wanted one and then today, they reappeared so i jumped on it for those that dont know, walmart is very YMMV

cool story bro, we all know that walmart is ymmv.... and therefore this forum has a YMMV THREAD FOR WALMART DEALS, I AM GLAD YOU GOT IT FOR 199 THOUGH, AWESOME DUDE.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181123

In case you couldn't read the thread title I linked to you when you quoted me... I will quote it here....

[quote name='"the thread i quoted before"']All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='coldlight']cool story bro, we all know that walmart is ymmv.... and therefore this forum has a YMMV THREAD FOR WALMART DEALS, I AM GLAD YOU GOT IT FOR 199 THOUGH, AWESOME DUDE.

In case you couldn't read the thread title I linked to you when you quoted me... I will quote it here....[/QUOTE]

Some deals deserve its own thread. This is a pretty slick deal for some. If you don't like the thread, don't read it! :bomb:

Thanks for posting the deal with pics and contributing to the forum.

Thanks for the emoticon, I was happy to drive out to my local store to find out this deal was YMMV just as I suspected. preach on, brother.

YMMV threads exist for a reason.

[quote name='coldlight']Thanks for the emoticon, I was happy to drive out to my local store to find out this deal was YMMV just as I suspected. preach on, brother.

YMMV threads exist for a reason.[/QUOTE]

There is a ton of YMMV thread on this forum. If you didn't score on a Walmart YMMV deal and he did, suck it up! :bomb:

[quote name='coldlight']cool story bro, we all know that walmart is ymmv.... and therefore this forum has a YMMV THREAD FOR WALMART DEALS, I AM GLAD YOU GOT IT FOR 199 THOUGH, AWESOME DUDE.

In case you couldn't read the thread title I linked to you when you quoted me... I will quote it here....[/QUOTE]
You've been here 5 years and only made 27 posts? Why don't you go back to lurking?
This deal deserves its own thread. It'd be looked over or has been looked over otherwise.
Seriously, you broke a month-long silence (ie: lack of posts) to bitch someone out about where to place a thread?
Are you a mean drunk or something?
Thanks OP, esp. for the pics of proof.

Since when does reg date versus posts matter???

Half you kids only cry about what you like vs dislike about games to boost post count, rather than post deals in this deals specific forum.

Apparently, none of you can read anymore.

It is all about post count versus actual deals, or what game sucks or does not.

This forum has threads for your diatribes....

Slickdeals and Fatwallet kids keep reposting the same crap over and over.

Search, read, follow the rules?

Nah, just keep being ignorant. Awesome guys.

Nevermind the fact that someone else already made a very similar post, that was also very YMMV...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264592

I figured I would let it go without bringing that thread up from ten days ago that is also on the front page. But apparently, this deal is so awesome and YMMV it must be reposted again.

PS. I love your signature vader582.

[quote name='coldlight']Since when does reg date versus posts matter???

Half you kids only cry about what you like vs dislike about games to boost post count, rather than post deals in this deals specific forum.

Nevermind the fact that someone else already made a very similar post, that was also very YMMV...

I figured I would let it go without bringing that thread up from ten days ago that is also on the front page. But apparently, this deal is so awesome and YMMV it must be reposted again.

PS. I love your signature vader582.[/QUOTE]

Oh sure, call other posters ignorant while you bash other forums. I use CAG and SD regularly and deals get reposted with the same frequency.

Hypocrite.

good job, youve posted how many deals?

[quote name='coldlight']Since when does reg date versus posts matter???

PS. I love your signature vader582.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='coldlight']Since when does reg date versus posts matter???[/QUOTE]

It doesn't really but you have a high percentage of bitchy posts now due to your low post count and long membership.

[quote name='coldlight']
Half you kids only cry about what you like vs dislike about games to boost post count, rather than post deals in this deals specific forum.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet I'm older than you (35). It's not about boosting my post count but I do like to participate in a community that helps me rather often as opposed to just soaking up the deals and lurking.

[quote name='coldlight']
Apparently, none of you can read anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he might have broke a rule but placing this strictly in the Walmart thread you suggested, would mean the majority of CAGs would miss it.

[quote name='coldlight']It is all about post count versus actual deals, or what game sucks or does not.[/QUOTE]

People are just having conversations about a hobby they enjoy. It's easy to ignore posts.

[quote name='coldlight']This forum has threads for your diatribes....[/QUOTE]
No one was really going on a diatribe here...other than you. The OP was just trying to let CAG know about a deal. Sounds like he was afraid people would miss out.

[quote name='coldlight']Slickdeals and Fatwallet kids keep reposting the same crap over and over.[/QUOTE]

As much as I dislike SD and FW, repeat threads are going to happen with as many people view this website. Again, it's easy to ignore these.

[quote name='coldlight']Search, read, follow the rules?

Nah, just keep being ignorant. Awesome guys.[/QUOTE]

By now everyone should realize not everyone is going to do this. Personally, I think the OP did good. He actaully posted useful info as opposed to just some random text on what he might have seen.

[quote name='coldlight']Nevermind the fact that someone else already made a very similar post, that was also very YMMV...

I figured I would let it go without bringing that thread up from ten days ago that is also on the front page. But apparently, this deal is so awesome and YMMV it must be reposted again.[/QUOTE]

I've followed that thread and that OP's info was spotty at best. Again this OP posted concrete evidence of his deal and indicated that it may indeed be YMMV. If only the majority of threads had this...

[quote name='coldlight']PS. I love your signature vader582.[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the thing. This may have been mis-shelved by a Wal-Mart "associate" and thus they would give you the tagged price. I once got a DVD that had a wrong price sticker and they let me have it for that price. Just a $6 savings though. :)

I called my local wallmart and they are out of stock. The associate did say that they were to tag with a cheaper price if they had any in stock, but she didn't tell me the price.

[quote name='spacebooger']I called my local wallmart and they are out of stock. The associate did say that they were to tag with a cheaper price if they had any in stock, but she didn't tell me the price.[/QUOTE]

Rule #1:

NEVER EVER EVER EVER Call.

[quote name='yorksj']why is that?:roll:[/QUOTE]

It destroys deals.

You never know who the person is that answers the phone.

Examples:

if its a manger and notices the price mistake, deal is deal. The price change will happen as soon as the phone call ends.

If its an employee who doesn't know about the price change/mistake, but the employee is a flipper, deal is dead. The employee is going to call all his buddies up or save them for after his/her shift, while you go to the store wondering what happen to the stock.

If there are more than one call about the same item within a short time period, unsuspecting employee might report it to mgmt about inquiries, thus deal is dead.

[quote name='yorksj']why is that?:roll:[/QUOTE]

basically your alerting the enemy, (there not really an enemy), 95% of store employees (including managers) dont know there own dam sales, clearanced items vary on who is doing changing the sticker price, calling the electronics department for $199 xbox elite is basically shooting yourself in the foot, because the employee will lie to you and take it for himself or others

This thread is just full of win, especially all the bitching about where the deal belongs. So funny to see mini mods trying to do the real mods jobs for them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This thread is just full of win, especially all the bitching about where the deal belongs. So funny to see mini mods trying to do the real mods jobs for them.[/QUOTE]

im glad someone else said this first :applause:

People wonder why others don't want to post a deal, but then you get all of the naysayers and such. Such as the deals from the GoHasting's website I posted recently(Oblivion GOTY for PS3 new for $15, Uncharted 2 used for $30-ish) where people were like 'omg I hate Hastings they charge so much for shipping' and so on.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People wonder why others don't want to post a deal, but then you get all of the naysayers and such. Such as the deals from the GoHasting's website I posted recently(Oblivion GOTY for PS3 new for $15, Uncharted 2 used for $30-ish) where people were like 'omg I hate Hastings they charge so much for shipping' and so on.[/QUOTE]

cmon say it with me....fuck the haters

No go here

UzJa2.jpg

Just came back from my local Walmart where they had about 10 Splinter Cell Special Edition bundles for $349.00. Rollback price from $399.00. So this thread is officially dead for me!

Seeing as a few people reported the price at different places, maybe this is the price it'll be in a while, once Walmart decides to get rid of all of them. I don't see them going anywhere at $350. Either that or they'll keep dropping them by $50 at time. Hopefully, they won't get that low because I just bought an Arcade Spring bundle :bomb:

[quote name='gugified']Just came back from my local Walmart where they had about 10 Splinter Cell Special Edition bundles for $349.00. Rollback price from $399.00. So this thread is officially dead for me![/QUOTE]

I guess. Mine is dead too but I'll be checking back pretty frequently. It seems like as the new 360s get out more, that Wal-mart will want the shelf space to carry them. I don't think too many people are interested in the now older bundles with the slim one out.

Thanks for the heads up TC, I appreciate the potential deal.

yea man that sucks, all i can say is keep checking 2/3 times a week, (thats what i did), and the bundles dissappeared 4/5 days ago, yesterday they reappeared and i saw the tag and bought it

YMMV (walmart is known for this)

[quote name='Halo05']I guess. Mine is dead too but I'll be checking back pretty frequently. It seems like as the new 360s get out more, that Wal-mart will want the shelf space to carry them. I don't think too many people are interested in the now older bundles with the slim one out.

Thanks for the heads up TC, I appreciate the potential deal.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt say people arent intrested in the older models, between the various threads about this deal, theres been about 9,000 views, but of course newer is better, but i couldnt pass up this deal, good luck

[quote name='finstersucks']It destroys deals.

You never know who the person is that answers the phone.

Examples:

if its a manger and notices the price mistake, deal is deal. The price change will happen as soon as the phone call ends.

If its an employee who doesn't know about the price change/mistake, but the employee is a flipper, deal is dead. The employee is going to call all his buddies up or save them for after his/her shift, while you go to the store wondering what happen to the stock.

If there are more than one call about the same item within a short time period, unsuspecting employee might report it to mgmt about inquiries, thus deal is dead.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the explanation.

My walmart has the bundles priced at 349.99 :cry:

went to 2 walmarts (besides the one where i found this deal) and i didnt see any bundles, mayb they will reappear in a few days

Checked 4 Walmarts in Bham, Al, only one store had the FF bundle, but it was still priced at $349. Gonna keep checking back.

[quote name='leopaw']Some deals deserve its own thread. This is a pretty slick deal for some. If you don't like the thread, don't read it! :bomb:

Thanks for posting the deal with pics and contributing to the forum.[/QUOTE]

BS. This has already been discussed. I'm not one to flame someone but there is already a thread about this. This does not deserve it's own thread, especially since it's totally YMMV and I have yet to see anyone besides OP find one for said price.

I went to my local Wal-Mart last night and noticed that all of the X-Box consoles had mysteriously disappeared. I decided to look for the price tags and, low and behold, the bundles were marked at $249.99. I didn't have my cell phone on me for some reason, or I would have taken a picture.

Still hugely YMMV, but I think I may try a few more Wal-Marts around here later today.

[quote name='TheToE']BS. This has already been discussed. I'm not one to flame someone but there is already a thread about this. This does not deserve it's own thread, especially since it's totally YMMV and I have yet to see anyone besides OP find one for said price.[/QUOTE]

i did look at the other thread it was dead (for about a week), and i actually bought one, and had proof, the OP in the other thread just had some general info

i also think that walmart either have these bundles in the back somewhere, or there already sold out at 399, 349, 299, 249, 199 if they made it that far, i dont think im the ONLY PERSON in the US or north america, to get this at $199, even tho it may seem

[quote name='Cloggerdude']I went to my local Wal-Mart last night and noticed that all of the X-Box consoles had mysteriously disappeared. I decided to look for the price tags and, low and behold, the bundles were marked at $249.99. I didn't have my cell phone on me for some reason, or I would have taken a picture.

Still hugely YMMV, but I think I may try a few more Wal-Marts around here later today.[/QUOTE]

did u notice the bundles there before they dissappeared??? if they all dissappeared, your store may be waiting for the price to drop in there system and ready to be clearanced out, keep an eye on it

heres the pic at 249

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7647/360f.jpg

[quote name='aleraiders']did u notice the bundles there before they dissappeared??? if they all dissappeared, your store may be waiting for the price to drop in there system and ready to be clearanced out, keep an eye on it

heres the pic at 249

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7647/360f.jpg[/QUOTE]

Damn why does nobody take a picture of the sku number nobody can read that blurry mess. lolz

bread's done
Back