Gamefly - Buy One Month Get One Free for New Signups

sublime2d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Thought I would join a few others on here looking for some referrals for Gamefly. :)

Click here to sign up and get a free month of Gamefly!

You'll have your choice of:
2 Months for only $16 (1 game out)
2 Months for only $23 (2 games out)
or
Free Trial 1 Game Out 30-day free trial

*BONUS: They are also running a limited time special with 1 free month of Hulu Plus

I live in Ohio and I've got a 2 day turnaround on games. On new releases, as long as I've got a spot in my Q open, they ship out on Monday and I get the game on Wednesday. Not too bad for a rental service, IMHO.

Games I've gotten thru Gamefly so far on the day after release: Batman: Arkham Knight, Borderlands Handsome Collection, Elder Scrolls Online, Puzzle & Dragons SMB Edition and lots more!

Here's some math that convinced me to pull the trigger and sign up:
Gamefly 2-game out 1 year cost of membership: $23 x 12 = $276
Brand new game on release day, sans deals: $60 (plus tax)
Therefore, $276/$60 = 4.6 new games per year, OR Unlimited rentals with 2 out at a time.
Obviously with sales and whatnot that number goes up, but the benefit with Gamefly is that you have access to WAY more games, and you can send back a game you get bored of at any time and pick it up later if you want.

Think of it this way. I plan on playing 1 new game every 2 weeks (at least). That's 26 games a year. Divide that by $276 for the membership, and it's like paying $10 per game. Factor in that I'll probably play way more games than that, the Gamefly trade in program, the Gamefly referral program, the Gamefly Rewards program... and we're talking maybe $5 per game (or even less). That is a phenomenal deal... and that's why I signed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This feels so wrong to say but I'll just say it... "bump".

Also, FYI... I requested Singularity yesterday (Monday), and it shipped SAME DAY... one day before the game even releases! I was definitely skeptical of Gamefly, especially regarding new releases, but I've been impressed so far. Go ahead, take the plunge!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I thought I might as well post this here so people can check it out... I started a blog on tumblr to chronicle my time with Gamefly so that people can see what it looks like as far as new game availability and transit times. It's also my chance to do some mini game reviews. :)

Check it out here: http://gameflyexperiment.tumblr.com/

Man... a ton of people have clicked my link, but nobody has signed up yet. Come on... hook a brotha up? $16 for 2 months of game rentals is a pretty good deal! Remember that you can cancel at anytime before the 2 months is up. Oh yeah... and BUMP.

Uh... That's the whole point of posting in "referral central". And technically clicking on my link will get you something too, a free month!

bread's done
Back