Gamestop - Great CS lately

imacjenn

CAGiversary!
Since Gamestop seems to get more negative feedback than positive, I thought I'd share a two recent experiences with their CS.

First, I had ordered a game that should have had 2-day shipping and it shipped regularly. I emailed them and asked if they could upgrade my next order to 2-day shipping instead and they readily agreed. However, it also ended up getting sent via regular 5-day shipping. When I emailed them about it, they gave me an immediate $20 refund to my credit card. Woot!

Second....my hard drive crashed last week and I lost pretty much everything - including my email, which included my two recent coupon codes from RDR and SMG2 preorders for $10 and $20 off. I emailed Gamestop yesterday and briefly explained my situation and asked if they could resend the codes. Honestly, I wasn't expecting them to be able to resend the codes but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Today, they sent me an email with two new $10 and $20 off codes. yay :)

I think they get a bad rep too. I almost jumped on a new elite about 1 month ago and the clerk talked me out of it saying "all your paying for is a bigger hard drive". glad i waited and because the new slim came out soon after.

I think you just got a good CS rep, I stayed on the phone with them for two hours yesterday because they keep cancelling orders of mine.

[quote name='Scorch']since when is email stored on your hard drive?[/QUOTE]

FYI not all email accounts are handled via the web. Many people use separate email clients such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

[quote name='dannyox718']FYI not all email accounts are handled via the web. Many people use separate email clients such as Outlook or Thunderbird.[/QUOTE]
yea all the emails i had were deleted when mine was erased.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think you just got a good CS rep, I stayed on the phone with them for two hours yesterday because they keep cancelling orders of mine.[/QUOTE]

yeah, perhaps I got 2 good reps in a row. They've always been pretty accommodating, then again, I've never jumped on any of the "code mistakes" on their website that so CAGers seem to get in on :p

I've also had very good experience with CS so far. GS once screwed up with updating my address and sent my games to the wrong place. I had to hold for a bit while (~5-10 min) but they were able to ship another copy without much hassle to the right address.

I've emailed them twice about refunding me the tax amount charged on online orders that I paid with credit and they complied by sending my 2 gift cards each with the correct tax amounts for my purchases.

they have done everything i requested like op, well except my hard drive didn't crash :p

They accidentally refunded me extra money because i told them that my coupon didn't work and they said they'll adjust it to my account and behold, i thought they didn't so i went ahead and returned it. lol. then 2 days later, i get the money including the game i returned.

Oh, they give refunds when charging tax on orders paid with credit? (In my state, tax isn't charged) Time to send off an email.

bread's done
Back