* * * * * 8 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

#6811 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:14 PM

Rising of the Shield Hero is my most hyped show for the Winter Season. Don't let the SJW and Feminists convince you otherwise until you actually watch the show a decent amount. If you like the show enough, I recommend reading the LN or the Manga to satisfy you. 

Same. I think it has 24 or 25 episodes as well, so we'll have a nice long stretch to enjoy.

#6812 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

FYI - Dragon Ball Super Broly is in theaters locally. Just bought a ticket to see it this Friday. Pretty pumped. I heard it's good asides from the random CG injected in the movie and some stupid chant-like music at the end.

#6813 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

I see they made a male version of Kale. 

Spoiler

#6814 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

I've read the manga, it just gets better and better.

Good to know. I watched the first episode last night. Funny stuff. I like how there's a "win/ defeat/ tie" at the end of each segment.

Going to watch Rising of Hero Shield tonight. I have no idea what it's about but heard it was good.

#6815 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:25 PM

Good to know. I watched the first episode last night. Funny stuff. I like how there's a "win/ defeat/ tie" at the end of each segment.

Going to watch Rising of Hero Shield tonight. I have no idea what it's about but heard it was good.

yeah, like I enjoy the early stuff well enough, but the extended cast is actually quite good and keeps it fresh.

plus while the president and vice president are still obviously elites, they do a better job of making them likable as the series goes on.

#6816 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

The new episode that just came out today is good. Definitely highlighting that this is the show to watch this season. Let's start up the hype train!

#6817 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

Ended up rereading the Rising of the Shield Hero Manga (of what is currently released) again. lul

#6818 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:46 AM

Watched 4 episodes of Boogiepop. I think I'm done w/ it. So random of an anime, just not the thing I like.

#6819 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:52 PM

Anyone know where I can watch/find Bakuman? Doesn't look like it really got released in the US and I'm having trouble finding certain episodes because it's so old.

#6820 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:02 AM

Anyone know where I can watch/find Bakuman? Doesn't look like it really got released in the US and I'm having trouble finding certain episodes because it's so old.

It's on Hulu. Hard to think it's done by the same guys who did Deathnote.

#6821 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:48 AM

It's on Hulu. Hard to think it's done by the same guys who did Deathnote.

Yeah found it on Hulu. Not keen on paying to watch one series again :( I'd rather just buy the set somewhere. Did it get released in any country with English sub-titles?

#6822 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:14 AM

Yeah found it on Hulu. Not keen on paying to watch one series again :( I'd rather just buy the set somewhere. Did it get released in any country with English sub-titles?

No. Only 1 DVD release ever happened. Then the release got cancelled. VIZ might pick it up someday but its unlikely

#6823 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2822 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:19 PM

I just wanted to take a moment to say "Holy crap, Crunchyroll. Six commercial breaks for Shield Hero?" That seems a bit excessive.

#6824 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4088 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Dragon Maid is getting a second season!

Also Bunny Girl Senpai is getting a movie.

#6825 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8802 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

I recently re-subscribed to Crunchyroll as I need more anime in my life. I also like English dubs since I stare at a computer all day and it's the last thing I want to do when I get home from work (reading subtitles that is).

So...I've compiled all of the anime's listed in a thread over at CR into a spreadsheet that anyone can edit/modify.

*note 1: I live in Canada so I've tailored the list a bit to recognize when something wasn't available here.
*note 2: I'm sure there are more titles on the site that we aren't aware of, but this is at least a good start to help organize everything.

#6826 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

Dragon Maid is getting a second season!

Also Bunny Girl Senpai is getting a movie.

Dragon Maid was cute, that's great news.

I started watching Banana Fish. Very gritty gangster anime. How does the show hold up? I'm only 5 episodes in and like it so far.

#6827 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:17 AM

Dragon Maid was cute, that's great news.

I started watching Banana Fish. Very gritty gangster anime. How does the show hold up? I'm only 5 episodes in and like it so far.

Yeah 2nd dragon maid season is a good thing. I never watched Banana Fish but I've heard good things about it. I will likely never watch it though.

#6828 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:22 PM

Yeah 2nd dragon maid season is a good thing. I never watched Banana Fish but I've heard good things about it. I will likely never watch it though.

It's good so far. Gritty gangster anime with some yaoi moments. Which I don't mind, since so far it doesn't use those moments for fan service but rather character development.

But I'm watching that and Boarding School Juliet before my Amazon Prime membership expires. Juliet is just some dumb crappy rom com I wouldn't recommend much. But these shows are a guilty pleasure and I enjoy them every now and then. Es specially before going to bed. Watching something absurd is good to numb my brain.

#6829 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:16 PM

Has anyone been watching Domestic Girlfriend? This show is a lot better than I would have expected. The opening sounds like it's sung by YUI, but doesn't appear to be since I don't see her name pop up (or somehow missed it). Good one tho!

#6830 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:34 AM

I like the OP for Rising of the Shield Hero. It's pretty catchy imo

#6831 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:20 AM

I like the OP for Rising of the Shield Hero. It's pretty catchy imo

Ya, that's a winner too

#6832 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

Has anyone been watching Domestic Girlfriend? This show is a lot better than I would have expected. The opening sounds like it's sung by YUI, but doesn't appear to be since I don't see her name pop up (or somehow missed it). Good one tho!

Is it good? I was told to stay away and it's a garbage show

#6833 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:55 AM

Is it good? I was told to stay away and it's a garbage show

I'm enjoying it so far. It's not a top class show or anything, but it's higher on my list than just about every other show that arrives on Friday's.

#6834 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:29 PM

I'm enjoying it so far. It's not a top class show or anything, but it's higher on my list than just about every other show that arrives on Friday's.

I'd probably give it a shot if I wasn't so backlogged as it is. My rom/coms this season are Kaguya sama & Quintuplets. Caught up with both of them last night and I like them.

Kaguya is actually really funny, and I typically don't find anime humor very funny.

Quintuplets is your typical harem. Really nothing new, but it's charming.

Also started watching My Roommate is a Cat. This was a pleasant surprise. Reminds me a little of Barakamon which I loved. I totally recommend it if you want a laid back SoL with some feels.

#6835 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

So Reincarnated as a Slime seemed to indicate there's an additional episode, but when I looked it up it seems like it's done. I know there's a 2nd season in 2020. Maybe I misunderstood as I was multitasking? Either way, will be nice to see more. It seemed like they really truncated the story around him summoning a demon, particularly given the 24th episode. I think I may need to rewatch the 23rd episode again and the ending of 24... lol

#6836 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:27 PM

So Reincarnated as a Slime seemed to indicate there's an additional episode, but when I looked it up it seems like it's done. I know there's a 2nd season in 2020. Maybe I misunderstood as I was multitasking? Either way, will be nice to see more. It seemed like they really truncated the story around him summoning a demon, particularly given the 24th episode. I think I may need to rewatch the 23rd episode again and the ending of 24... lol

So it's confirmed we're gettingmore Slime? Good, I really liked that show. Is the last episode a filler?

#6837 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:48 AM

Its getting a S2 next yr

#6838 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8802 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:34 AM

Oregairu Season 3 has been announced (aka My Teenage Rom Com SNAFU)

About damn time!!

https://www.animenew...-season/.144649

#6839 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:28 PM

About damn time!!

Finally!! Was left at such a cliff hanger of an ending before...yay

#6840 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:10 PM

About damn time!!

I don't remember much about SNAFU. I'm defiantly going to need a refresher at some point. But I remember liking it. Is season 3 supposed to conclude the story?