goHastings.com has a record of damaging guides in shipping. What's the probability?

You know, a 1/5 chance of it happening, a 50/50 chance, a 9/10 chance. Chance probabilities like that.

Edit: Also if it does get damaged, how easy is it to contact them and get a refund?

Well for that we would need the number of guides they've ever shipped and the number of which were damaged in shipping.

Okay, allow me to reiterate my question then.

In your own personal experiences of having guides shipped to you from goHastings.com, how many of them have been damaged when you received them?

100%

Ordered 5 "New" Eternal Sonata guides and received 5 well-worn guides that were bent and had cracked spines. I'll never buy guides from them again... unless it is a very thick guide (as it would be hard to bend that in shipping).

[quote name='Doomstink']100%

Ordered 5 "New" Eternal Sonata guides and received 5 well-worn guides that were bent and had cracked spines. I'll never buy guides from them again... unless it is a very thick guide (as it would be hard to bend that in shipping).[/QUOTE]
Yeowch, that strikes a sore spot with me. That is what I planned on buying from them.

Did you manage to get a refund on any or all of them, or did they attempt to ship you a replacement order?

Note that gohastings is selling store inventory. I have never seen a new-condition guide in-store as the store itself promotes browsing (similar to a Barnes and Noble - feel free to take a look through the books first). For whatever reason, people like to rip into guides...

[quote name='VintageTurtle']Yeowch, that strikes a sore spot with me. That is what I planned on buying from them.

Did you manage to get a refund on any or all of them, or did they attempt to ship you a replacement order?[/QUOTE]

They offered to let me ship them back to them for a refund, but honestly I didn't want to bother. The price they had the guide for was good enough that even that condition was okay with me (I think they were $11 each).

100%. i bought a bunch of guides from them and they just basically put the guides inside the bubble mailer and mails it. the padding protects other things but not paperback guides. if they are the only place selling your the guide you want cheap, its hard not to buy from them.

bread's done
Back