- - - - -

The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

#1261 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3237 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Not limited, not rare. These have been available for over a year. I have no idea how they're selling them as a run of 35 when each print is a run of 400.

#1262 ethwang   Spork CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

The Irrational Games store put up three lithos for Bioshock Infinite--I believe these are similar to the covers that were distributed for Game Informer. They are available individually, but they are also releasing them as a limited edition, signed trio set. They are 11 x 14 / 100# cougar natural cover.

According to the website, the signed sets are limited to 100 and are hand-numbered, signed by Ken Levine and Robb Waters and include a certificate of authenticity.

https://store.irrati....S-GILITHOS-BDL

#1263 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   803 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

The Irrational Games store put up three lithos for Bioshock Infinite--I believe these are similar to the covers that were distributed for Game Informer. They are available individually, but they are also releasing them as a limited edition, signed trio set. They are 11 x 14 / 100# cougar natural cover.

According to the website, the signed sets are limited to 100 and are hand-numbered, signed by Ken Levine and Robb Waters and include a certificate of authenticity.

Huge fan and i think the games going to be epic so I bought 1, Thanks for posting this or i never would have known.

#1264 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Wow, that's like an $85 markup just for the sigs

#1265 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15995 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

damn you, now I want one. $150....

hmmm about 80 left

Edited by confoosious, 07 February 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1266 jamezuva   Umbasa! CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks, got a set

#1267 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   8389 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Is the link broken?

#1268 Chemosh013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1793 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Chemosh013

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Is the link broken?

Looks like it.

Try this.

https://store.irrati...gory.aspx?c=Art

ach.png

#1269 kcohen82   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

kcohen82

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

ordered too love the series this will go great w my songbird edition:applause:

#1270 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2340 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

It is signed by a lead artist and game creator...

#1271 ethwang   Spork CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

The framed litho also looks great--it is also signed by Levine and hand-numbered:

https://store.irrati...IRR-BWALK-LITHO

I ordered the trio and the framed litho--I think this game will be GOTY-fantastic and a signature from its creator is worth the moolah.

#1272 D.Choy   Oh Hai. CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

In for 1 set. Kinda pricey though... hmm

#1273 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Damn I really want these signed lithos but don't have the $ right now :/ going to have to pass

#1274 jamezuva   Umbasa! CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

It's limited to 100. There's no way they won't go up in value unless the game tanks which is doubtful

#1275 SniperREX   Space Cowboy CAGiversary!   6268 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

11" x 14"

These are a little bit smaller than the Mass Effect mini-lithos :(

I think I'll pass.
See You Space Cowboy

#1276 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15242 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

My wife would kill me if i bought any more game art - once basement is finished, i'll be lucky if i can get a third of it hanging up.

#1277 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3237 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

11" x 14"

These are a little bit smaller than the Mass Effect mini-lithos :(

I think I'll pass.

Unfortunately this set is a scam. I contacted 2K questioning them on the 'limited edition' prints. The signed versions are the same ones sold without signature. They are not unique or 'limited' whatsoever.

#1278 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15242 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Unfortunately this set is a scam. I contacted 2K questioning them on the 'limited edition' prints. The signed versions are the same ones sold without signature. They are not unique or 'limited' whatsoever.

I thought that was pretty obvious. They are unique and limited because they only signed and hand-numbered 100 of them.

#1279 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

A total ripoff especially given the fact that they are only 11x14 and the open editions are identical to the limited editions. Such a shame too as I would have liked to buy some Bioshock Infinite Lithographs. As is, I am not given them a dime of my money.

Edited by Righteous Nixon, 08 February 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#1280 ethwang   Spork CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

A scam implies they are being deceitful about something...if you read the descriptors of the lithos and look at the stock images used, it's pretty obvious that they are the same ones and are being advertised as such.

The fact that they are signed / numbered is exactly what makes them limited. An autographed baseball card is worth way more than the same baseball card without the athlete's signature--same concept.

#1281 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15995 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

duh... the signature is what makes them limited.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1282 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

A scam implies they are being deceitful about something...if you read the descriptors of the lithos and look at the stock images used, it's pretty obvious that they are the same ones and are being advertised as such.

The fact that they are signed / numbered is exactly what makes them limited. An autographed baseball card is worth way more than the same baseball card without the athlete's signature--same concept.

Sorry but this is absolutely 100% incorrect. In order to have separate editions, there has to be a distuinguishable difference between the prints, besides the signature and number. Most companies make small changes, either to the border or the color of the print. Releasing an open edition print that is 100% identical to the limited edition print is a clear violation of the limited edition. The signature and number alone do not distiguish limited editions from open editions.

There have actually been laws enacted in many states that actually protect consumers against this very thing. Unfortunately the value of the print usually has to be at least $100 in order to be able to bring suit againt the producer of the print.

Aspen comics is a perfect example for releasing multiple editions for identical images. They have been releasing Michael Turner prints for the last 10+ years and they have both normal convention prints that they sell at the comic con's and online prints (OP prints) that they sell at the Aspen store. Aspen uses identical images for both the OP prints and the convention prints but they are different editions as the OP print has a black border running around the print and actually has an "OP print" graphic at the bottom of the print. While the images are identical, the two are easily distunagishable from one another.

Bottom line - Irrational games has clearly violated thier limited edition prints for Bioshock Infinite as the open edition prints are identical to the limited edition prints. What makes this sort of thing so much worse is that all it would have taken is some small change to the limited edition to make it legitmate. They are either lazy or have no understanding of this market. Either way, its simply inexcusable.

By the way, an autographed baseball card is not a limited edition baseball card, its just a signed baseball card. People who say its the signature that makes them limited have absolutely no understanding of the limited edition print market.

Edited by Righteous Nixon, 08 February 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#1283 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15995 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

my lord some people just love to whine about shit.

JUST DON'T BUY IT.

The ME2 lithos had signed and unsigned. I wanted signed so I paid more for it. Same concept here.

Ees7Y.jpg

#1284 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

And some people love to pretend they know what they are talking about when they CLEARLY dont. And for the record, I am not buying them. I wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole. Not sure what that has to do with anything. This is a lithograph thread and some people in here might not understand the limited edition print market and thus might not realize those prints are not limited edition prints. You obvioulsly dont. Some people may actually find that information useful. Sorry but when I see clear disinformation being spread about one of my favorite hobbies....well, I speak up, especially when its on one of my favorite websites. If you dont like it than put me on ignore or dont read my posts. Its really that simple. Trust me, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Oh, Bioware did it too so it must be ok, lol. I didnt realize Bioware was the guage for what is acceptable in the limited edition print market. The internet is a wonderful tool. Try using it and you might actually learn something. There are literally thousands of different websites out there where you can learn what really distingushes a limited edition print from an open edition print. Or you can continue to wrongfully believe that its the signature that makes a limited edition print. It really doesnt matter to me one way or the other. I was merely correcting an inaccurate statement. What you do with that information is totally up to you.

And by the way, I hate to rain on your parade but "my lord some people just love to whine about shit" is in itself whining. Hypocrites, gotta love em, lol.

Edited by Righteous Nixon, 08 February 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#1285 D.Choy   Oh Hai. CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

It's limited to 100. There's no way they won't go up in value unless the game tanks which is doubtful

I am not really worried about the value of them. Yeah it's nice if they are worth something if we ever want to sell them down the line but the bottom line is we buy these things because we want them.

Like my ME2 The Team lithograph, I have no intention of selling the lithographs I buy. I think these Bioshock Infinite lithographs are pretty damn cool but at the same time they are more than what I spent on my ME2 Team lithograph which is a bit outrageous since I think that one is priceless. Granted they say these are limited to 100 prints while the ME ones were 500, I think they could have been a bit more reasonable.

#1286 diddy310   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4172 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

diddy310

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

Might eventually buy the 65 dollar set but no need for the signed one at all. Especially at that price. (Plus I already got the gigantic Game Informer cover poster and that "The Patriot Has Nothing to Fear" poster signed by Ken at NYCC). Just want a clean version of the Elizabeth/Songbird one really.

I'm really not into the whole "I signed x number of these so therefore it is a limited edition" thing...especially with the premium that is charged for that. The Valve store did the same thing - I ended up getting most of their unsigned lithos for between 10 and 25 while the signed ones were still not selling out at 100. I just want the cool art for my walls :D.

Edited by diddy310, 08 February 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#1287 Kotomine   私は日本人を知らない。 CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

Just wondering, when did these first become available?

http://gear.ea.com/a...d=169&limit=all

Also have there been any other Alice ones in the past?

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1288 diddy310   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4172 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

diddy310

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

There was some Gallery 1988 limited stuff included in there at one point when they were housed on Alice2Store.com.

Here's pics of a few of them..I believe they were up around June 2011 and they added a few over time.

http://omgposters.co...988-the-prints/

Here's the two I have
Posted Image

#1289 Kotomine   私は日本人を知らない。 CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

There was some Gallery 1988 limited stuff included in there at one point when they were housed on Alice2Store.com.

Here's pics of a few of them..I believe they were up around June 2011 and they added a few over time.

http://omgposters.co...988-the-prints/

Dang those are awesome! Wish that I was into lithographs at the time.

Here's the two I have

Spoiler

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the top one cost?

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1290 diddy310   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4172 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

diddy310

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Somewhere between 25-40 I think? I bought it right when it came out so I really don't remember. I know they released a much smaller colored signed version for about 100 at one point.