Bayonetta PS3 - $19.99 + Shipping

They're an electronics retail chain that seem to have replaced all the circuit city locations (at least in my area). They've actually been around for a while; so yes, they're legit.

P.C. Richards & Sons is a New York based electronics dealer, on par with a Best Buy. It's been around in New York for over 100 years B&M, so it's pretty reliable.

Yeah, they're legit. Now if only NY would not have a tax. It almost kills the deal for me.

Tempted but IIRC the 360 version is generally considered superior. Guess I'll wait. Thanks for the post, though.

FYI, the PS3 version is supposed to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the 360. If you have both as I do, definitely go with the 360 version. Framerate issues, sluggish controls, etc.

Normally I think the whole version argument is pointless fanboyism, but the differences are apparently pretty significant. Many reviewers refer to the PS3 version as a poor port of the 360 one.

Most reviews were done before the patch addressed the loading time problem. Other than framerates and minor texture issues, PS3 version is well worth it at this price.

[quote name='S_DOG34']FYI, the PS3 version is supposed to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the 360. If you have both as I do, definitely go with the 360 version. Framerate issues, sluggish controls, etc.

Normally I think the whole version argument is pointless fanboyism, but the differences are apparently pretty significant. Many reviewers refer to the PS3 version as a poor port of the 360 one.[/QUOTE]

This is incredibly true, I generally play games on the PS3, but this was just something I could not stomach. However, if you only have a PS3, it's still worth getting since the game kicks ass even if it's a shitty port.

good price

I played the ps3 version and didn't notice anything wrong, but then again I have nothing to compare it to. I don't remember if I downloaded a patch or not but apparently there's a patch that fixes a lot of the issues

fuck the PS3 version of Bayonetta. I'm never touching that shit since they think they can treat PS3 owners like second class citizens. I'd rather pirate it on the 360 than give them any of my money.

I don't endorse piracy, I'm merely expressing my dissapointment with the PS3 port

I think the PS3 version is fine. Sure, there are a couple problems, but they're minor. I'm pretty picky about stuff and the issues with this game didn't really phase me.

[quote name='S_DOG34']FYI, the PS3 version is supposed to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the 360. If you have both as I do, definitely go with the 360 version. Framerate issues, sluggish controls, etc.

Normally I think the whole version argument is pointless fanboyism, but the differences are apparently pretty significant. Many reviewers refer to the PS3 version as a poor port of the 360 one.[/QUOTE]

*Sigh* I knew it would come to this. The is more than playable, people. I've beaten this game on PS3 and 360 and It's not that serious at people make it seem. If that was the case, I would play all of my available multplat games on PC because they run as 60fps and the console version was "unplayable" because it couldn't achieve this.

They sell games at PC Richard? All I ever saw walking into one were kitchen applicances & ACs/water heaters depend on season.

[quote name='mitnosi']Wish they had it for the 360, would grab it.[/QUOTE]
Same here! Where's our love, fellow 360 owners?
:cold:

From what I've played of the game, it plays just like any other PS3 game. I haven't noticed anything on the PS3 version that made me feel it was a bad port. I know prior to the patch it was terrible, but after the patch everything seems fine to me. People referring to the reviews of this game need to realize it was patched after the fact.

I may be slightly biased though, as I was actually paid $6 to purchase this game. Purchased at Amazon for $32.99 -30% +shipping (which I was not supposed to be charged as I had prime). So total came to $29.xx. After contacting Amazon about why I was charged shipping, they refunded me $35 for the shipping, even though I only paid $29 total for the game. Why $35? I have no idea. But I was happy to get paid to get a game :D So really, I can't say anything bad about a game that I got paid to play.

Best game so far this year for me! One of my all time favorites! But do yourself a favor... if you own an Xbox 360... buy the game for that system! Even if it costs more! You'd only be doing yourself a disservice for buying it on the PS3... trust me!

Anyone know if the demo for PS3 plays like the game before or AFTER the patch that came out? I played it the other day and it seemed fine gameplay wise.

Can't believe this hasn't been asked. Is this online only?
I have a store about 20 miles from me and would prefer avoiding shipping costs

Here we go again, some one else instigating, if unintentionally, another fanboyism war.

I have both versions. It's not a SIGNIFICANT difference, especially with the patched PS3 version. You'll notice some screen-tearing in the latter part of the game, but that's it really. Framerate, for the most part, are comparable between the two version with a few hick-ups here and there on the PS3 end. The reported long load times on the PS3 version has been eliminated due to the patch.

This is a really good price for the PS3 version.

[quote name='Xdt-Inferno']Can't believe this hasn't been asked. Is this online only?
I have a store about 20 miles from me and would prefer avoiding shipping costs[/QUOTE]

This sale happened with them before until they sold out online and I remember people saying getting it for the same price at the store, so it's very possible to be in-store as well this time.

[quote name='monkeydoodle']Here we go again, some one else instigating, if unintentionally, another fanboyism war.

I have both versions. It's not a SIGNIFICANT difference, especially with the patched PS3 version. You'll notice some screen-tearing in the latter part of the game, but that's it really. Framerate, for the most part, are comparable between the two version with a few hick-ups here and there on the PS3 end. The reported long load times on the PS3 version has been eliminated due to the patch.

This is a really good price for the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to start anything, simply saying what is out there. I usually ignore the console comparison stuff, but this game was an exception for many reviewers. After all, isn't that what this forum is about? If the game is somehow better on another system I feel that people should know about it. I'm glad that folks here suggested the PS3 version of Batman AA for example - I probably would have gotten the 360 version otherwise.

Good to hear that the patch has addressed the issues - hope everyone enjoys the game.

I think this deal is dead. I clicked the link and got nothing and when I searched bayonetta on their site it brought me to the same page.

bread's done
Back