Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut Blu-Ray $28.49 @ Amazon *UPDATE#2*

Kromis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Last time I saw it on Amazon, it was $42!

http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Ulti...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278304593&sr=8-2

Not SMOKIN' hot but pretty good for fans!

UPDATE:

I emailed Amazon and this is the response I got:

Hello,

I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect that this would happen.

Looking into your order, I see that Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut [Blu-ray] is back-ordered. Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply will add time to our original availability estimate. I do understand that such changes can be frustrating for you.

We make a significant effort to keep abreast of prices and availabilities, but our reliance on our suppliers for information about the items they offer means that, occasionally, our database will not reflect all changes.

Please be aware that the availability and shipping time frames listed on our website are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to adhere to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.

I want to make sure your order gets to you faster once we have stock. To help make up for the delay, I've upgraded the shipping method to Standard Shipping at no extra charge. The new estimate for delivery is September 13.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the DVD. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

I realize this is not what you expected when you placed this order, and it is understandable if you prefer to cancel it. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button
Well, there you have it folks!

UPDATE #2

I got a delivery estimate: August 06, 2010 - August 10, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
i kind of wanted this but I'm not going to bite unless i see it at $19.99 or maybe even cheaper. The only thing it has i wnat is the version of the movie with the black freighter added in, all the other extras i already ahve from previous purchases. I wave the motion comic & black freight on DVD which includes under the hood , and i got the regular watchmen bluray release for christmas last year.

Great price on a crazy, over-stuffed package. I've been waiting what seems like forever for a good deal on this set, after passing on the other incomplete offerings they threw out there. Had to bite. I know I would have missed the price drop and kicked myself later.

Thanks Kromis!

LOL to anyone passing this up right now - this is as cheap as the preorders ever got (thus the cheapest it has ever been), and most likely the cheapest you will ever see it for.

I'm guessing Amazon is clearancing out the last remaining copies in their inventory...and once it's gone, this is not going to get reprinted. I ordered myself a few extra copies and notified my friends who have been looking for it. If the Batman Animated complete collection is any indication, Warner Bros. is not going to reprint/re-release this cut.

This edition is definitely going to be worth a hell of a lot more in the future.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm told the director's cut is better, any opinions?[/QUOTE]

This includes the director's cut/additional scenes plus the Tales of the Black Freighter integrated into the movie. It's the closest rendition/imagining of the original story of anything available, and it is simply phenomenal. I can't recommend this edition highly enough, particularly under $30. When these are gone and hard to come by, I'm sure they will be selling for $100 plus in a few years.

^The problem I have heard though is the Black Freighter part caused the movie to grind to a screeching halt.

Granted, I think it does make sense for a fan of the GN to have the most complete Watchmen version. It also comes with the Motion Comic as well.

[quote name='karkyco']This includes the director's cut/additional scenes plus the Tales of the Black Freighter integrated into the movie. It's the closest rendition/imagining of the original story of anything available, and it is simply phenomenal. I can't recommend this edition highly enough, particularly under $30. When these are gone and hard to come by, I'm sure they will be selling for $100 plus in a few years.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just picked them both up for 40 bucks total. To have everything possible for 40 bucks is cool with me.

I kind of wish that at this point, they would have all the different cuts available in one package - I already have the Director's Cut, which is not part of this set as the digital copy has the theatrical version. (Obviously it doesn't affect me as it might some others, but 215 minutes is a really long time).

The ultimate cut edition its pretty good, the package itself its great it got like a magnet that mantains the box closed,and the box itself its pretty styled, but yeahh the movie its like 30 to 40 min longer so it makes a pretty long movie , if you didnt like it the first time you wouldnt with the added Black Freighter movie, but definitely a good price for it.

Does Amazon refunds when they make a price cut after you recently buyed the movie and does amazon have a time limit like if you buyed the movie like 2 weeks after???

I got this when it first came out. I loved it. Those who think its too long...bah...
My girlfriend has a pretty short attention span when it comes to long drawn out movies, and she liked the ultimate cut a lot (as her first watchmen experience, nonetheless)

[quote name='joshxx']The ultimate cut edition its pretty good, the package itself its great it got like a magnet that mantains the box closed,and the box itself its pretty styled, but yeahh the movie its like 30 to 40 min longer so it makes a pretty long movie , if you didnt like it the first time you wouldnt with the added Black Freighter movie, but definitely a good price for it.

Does Amazon refunds when they make a price cut after you recently buyed the movie and does amazon have a time limit like if you buyed the movie like 2 weeks after???[/QUOTE]

I don't think they do but you can always email their customer service and see what they can do. I know newegg does it if you ask nicely!

[quote name='joshxx']The ultimate cut edition its pretty good, the package itself its great it got like a magnet that mantains the box closed,and the box itself its pretty styled, but yeahh the movie its like 30 to 40 min longer so it makes a pretty long movie , if you didnt like it the first time you wouldnt with the added Black Freighter movie, but definitely a good price for it.

Does Amazon refunds when they make a price cut after you recently buyed the movie and does amazon have a time limit like if you buyed the movie like 2 weeks after???[/QUOTE]

Technically they do not do that but I've played dumb more than once and they've always said "just this once we'll refund the difference"

Just realized that this item is now only available from 3rd party sellers. Does this mean that Amazon no longer has it in stock? Is there anyone other than myself that placed an order on the 6th or before and hasn't gotten it shipped yet?

[quote name='jpmoney']Just realized that this item is now only available from 3rd party sellers. Does this mean that Amazon no longer has it in stock? Is there anyone other than myself that placed an order on the 6th or before and hasn't gotten it shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

Probably. Sometimes the amazon offering is on the right side but it's not there.

As I recall, when I looked at it originally, I noted that there was some "will ship withing 1-2 weeks" note. If that's the case, I'm not surprised you haven't seen a shipment notice yet.

[quote name='karkyco'], I'm sure they will be selling for $100 plus in a few years.[/QUOTE]

or... it'll be

[quote name='jpmoney']Just realized that this item is now only available from 3rd party sellers. Does this mean that Amazon no longer has it in stock? Is there anyone other than myself that placed an order on the 6th or before and hasn't gotten it shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

I placed my order on July 5th. Mine has not shipped. Shipping estimate is [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]July 21, 2010 - July 23, 2010. [/SIZE][/FONT]

i bought the director's cut of Watchmen a couple of days ago because i HATED the black freighter parts in the graphic novel. I'm so glad they didnt include it in the DC

Well I'm still waiting for this to ship also. Supposedly Amazon is having a problem located a copy or something... either way I can wait. I'm just glad I wasn't banking on getting it for a gift or something. That would have been a bummer.

just saw the thread on the BB sale: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267628

its $12.99 at best buy right now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Watchme...d=2051538&skuId=9588868&st=watchmen&lp=4&cp=1

edit: i had trouble with the link i posted above so heres another one. if this doesnt work either just sesarch watchmen in the movies section on BB.com. the BR version is listed at 12.99 for in-store pick up only. DVD version is listed at $31.99. and I dont believe this is a price error because i saw the same price for the BR in stores (VA).

[quote name='Izod517']Damn I missed not only Amazon but also none of my Best Buys have it. WEAK.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, none of the Best Buys in the US have it.

[quote name='theflicker']Don't worry, none of the Best Buys in the US have it.[/QUOTE]

Actually another member just got the last copy at the Best Buy right next to my house... I was going to check after work. :cry:

I just got this update from Amazon regarding my order (placed on the 5th):

We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on August 19 2010, if we haven't located it by then.

Seeing as how this isn't officially OOP yet, and that I can still cancel in the future, I'm keeping my order open. In the meantime, I am also checking out Best Buy, but it's not looking pretty: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7432899#post7432899

I ordered mine on 7/04 and just got a shipping notice. Bad part about it(or good depending on how you look at it), I had 40% coupon code for the WBshop that was good for 3 days(7/15-7/17) and I decided to use it on this set. I was concerned about not getting it from Amazon since it had been pulled from the site and then heard it was now OOP.

So now I am gonna have 2 copies of it coming in within the next week(wbshop tomorrow, amazon around 7/27). I may look into returning the one copy back to Amazon even though it cost me a little less. I would just hate to have to pay to have it shipped back.

[quote name='darkdaze73']I ordered mine on 7/04 and just got a shipping notice. Bad part about it(or good depending on how you look at it), I had 40% coupon code for the WBshop that was good for 3 days(7/15-7/17) and I decided to use it on this set. I was concerned about not getting it from Amazon since it had been pulled from the site and then heard it was now OOP.

So now I am gonna have 2 copies of it coming in within the next week(wbshop tomorrow, amazon around 7/27). I may look into returning the one copy back to Amazon even though it cost me a little less. I would just hate to have to pay to have it shipped back.[/QUOTE]

So besides darkdaze, has anyone else received a shipping notice? I'm running out of patience :(

I emailed Amazon and this is the response I got:

Hello,

I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect that this would happen.

Looking into your order, I see that Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut [Blu-ray] is back-ordered. Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply will add time to our original availability estimate. I do understand that such changes can be frustrating for you.

We make a significant effort to keep abreast of prices and availabilities, but our reliance on our suppliers for information about the items they offer means that, occasionally, our database will not reflect all changes.

Please be aware that the availability and shipping time frames listed on our website are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to adhere to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.

I want to make sure your order gets to you faster once we have stock. To help make up for the delay, I've upgraded the shipping method to Standard Shipping at no extra charge. The new estimate for delivery is September 13.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the DVD. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

I realize this is not what you expected when you placed this order, and it is understandable if you prefer to cancel it. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button

Well, there you have it folks!

[quote name='Kromis']I emailed Amazon and this is the response I got:

Well, there you have it folks![/QUOTE]

Wonder if after all that they will accidentally send the DVD version?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Wonder if after all that they will accidentally send the DVD version?[/QUOTE]

Well, at least now the DVD version is 25 bucks (as of the time of this post)

I was one of the success stories! I ordered mine on 07-04 - it shipped on 07-10 - and I received it 07-13 (super saver free shipping too!)

[quote name='darkdaze73']I ordered mine on 7/04 and just got a shipping notice. Bad part about it(or good depending on how you look at it), I had 40% coupon code for the WBshop that was good for 3 days(7/15-7/17) and I decided to use it on this set. I was concerned about not getting it from Amazon since it had been pulled from the site and then heard it was now OOP.

So now I am gonna have 2 copies of it coming in within the next week(wbshop tomorrow, amazon around 7/27). I may look into returning the one copy back to Amazon even though it cost me a little less. I would just hate to have to pay to have it shipped back.[/QUOTE]

Hey darkdaze,

If you're interested in letting the amazon one go, I'll gladly take it off your hands at cost +shipping/fees

[quote name='jdeluis']Now that it's OOP, I don't mind waiting until September to get my copy.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't either, but I have the feeling Amazon pulled that date out their ass.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Hey darkdaze,

If you're interested in letting the amazon one go, I'll gladly take it off your hands at cost +shipping/fees[/QUOTE]

pm sent your way.

I found one today at FYE and was able to get it for $11.69

4858229070_d5b405bf9e.jpg

a%3E

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Why was it 12.99?[/QUOTE]

My guess is the PM to BB's sale. I was going to ask myself but assumed otherwise.

I do believe the extra copy from DarkDaze is sitting on my porch right now though. Will report upon my arrival. :)

Sorry guys I forgot to mention that I did PM it at FYE for $12.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lolwut?']How? Did you take that 12.99 signage from your local Best Buy or something[/QUOTE]

Yeah I asked one of the employee's if I could have it since there wasn't any in stock.

bread's done
Back