PS2 internal hard drive - what to do with it?

MICHAE2414

CAGiversary!
Since I use my BC PS3 for PS2 games now, I've only been using my older fat PS2 as a spare DVD player, and I happened to have the 40GB internal hard disk drive (wiki link here if you've never heard of it) that I used to backup some game saves when my PS2 memory card got full in the past.

That was all I used the hard drive for - I never played FFXI on it, never loaded the SOCOM II maps onto it (which I have the old OPM disc for, by the way), etc. so I'm wondering what I should do with it. Are there any worthwhile uses for the PS2 HDD nowadays? I've moved all my old PS1/PS2 saves to the PS3 instead, too, so I'm not even using the PS2 HDD for game saves anymore.

You could purchase a disc that would let you make the most of that hard drive, but it's only 40GB, so doing so might not be TOO useful.

[quote name='lmz00']You could purchase a disc that would let you make the most of that hard drive, but it's only 40GB, so doing so might not be TOO useful.[/QUOTE]

if you have that disc you can use any HDD, not just sony offical hdd.

There was a linux kit for the PS2. But not sure what could be done with that. And lmz00's use is probably the only worthwhile thing; loading games is faster.

bread's done
Back