buy ps2 games like gt4 or dmc3 now Or saving for the PSP?!!

Nero_DxS

CAG Veteran
okay i really wanted to buy the current hottest games in march, devil may cry 3 and gran turismo 4. but i want to save some cash to buy a system and aleast two games of my choice. so did any of you buy any hot ps2 games lately, or just like me trying to save some serious cash spending for the psp in mid march? in order words did you or didn't you buy gt4 and dmc3, or you're rich enough to invest both the system and psp games, plus ps2 games?

[quote name='Nero_DxS']okay i really wanted to buy the current hottest games in march, devil may cry 3 and gran turismo 4. but i want to save some cash to buy a system and aleast two games of my choice. so did any of you buy any hot ps2 games lately, or just like me trying to save some serious cash spending for the psp in mid march? in order words did you or didn't you buy gt4 and dmc3, or you're rich enough to invest both the system and psp games, plus ps2 games?[/quote]

I wouldn't waste my cash on the PSP yet. I think Sony is going to be really agressive with the PSP,but I also think Nintendo is going to get more agressive with the DS. And, fortunately for us, a competitve market should drive prices down. If Sony really wants to put the final nails in Nintendo's coffin, they'll think of a way to drop the bundle to $200 or less or release a stand alone PSP for $150-200 sometime soon.
Then again, you're looking to buy two PS2 games that will most likely become budget games within a year. It depends, what can't you wait for? I can wait for them all, personally.

Really comes down to your own wants and needs.

I am getting a PSP, GT4 really wasnt an option to buy once they decided Online Play wasnt going to be incorporated.

Like alongx above said. DMC3 will probably be a budget title within a year, thats what I am doing with Xenosaga 2.

I think it would be smart to hold off on the PSP untill the first revision comes out. You know this version is going to be full of bugs.

[quote name='notoriousxbox']Really comes down to your own wants and needs.

I am getting a PSP, GT4 really wasnt an option to buy once they decided Online Play wasnt going to be incorporated.

Like alongx above said. DMC3 will probably be a budget title within a year, thats what I am doing with Xenosaga 2.[/quote]

I second that...Im also getting a PSP....some of marchs titles can wait for me because i know most of these titles will be out for a long time unlike short print games like........Suikoden II or Disgaea...I wait about 2-3 months before a price drop happens with those games..

I wouldn't waste my cash on the PSP yet. I think Sony is going to be really agressive with the PSP,but I also think Nintendo is going to get more agressive with the DS. And, fortunately for us, a competitve market should drive prices down. If Sony really wants to put the final nails in Nintendo's coffin, they'll think of a way to drop the bundle to $200 or less or release a stand alone PSP for $150-200 sometime soon.

As long as demand for either or both remain consistently high, I won't expect a price drop anytime soon. As it is right now, Sony cannot keep up with demand (the launch in S. Korea has been delayed for this very reason). Sony is confident in a sell-through for every Value Pack destined for N. America, which is why the base unit won't be released until November of this year. The PSP outsold the DS in Japan by ~80% (for the week of Feb 14 - 20, 2005) and has a 72K margin in overall sales over the DS so far this year; replicating similar numbers in N. America may not be difficult. Rumours are now swirling regarding a successor to the GBA (not necessarily a direct competitor to the PSP) expected by year's end; a new product would compete for retail shelf space, as well as the hearts of consumers. But I digress....

As highly rated as DMC3 is by the media and gamers alike, chances are it will see a price drop ahead of GT4. GT4 is Sony's flagship title currently; it should be a consistent performer throughout the year, and it's possible that it will still be in the $40-50 range come December. Some people were disappointed with DMC2, and even though DMC3 is a stronger overall product, it could be a case of once bitten, twice shy for both hardcore followers and casual gamers alike, which could affect sales, thus increasing the likelihood of an earlier price drop.

I'm an avid fan of both franchises, but right now, the PSP takes precedence in my gaming budget, i.e. I've decided to wait for PS2, Gamecube and Xbox titles to be discounted before I consider a purchase. With GT also destined for the PSP later this year, there's less of an immediate need to get GT4 now (even though it's on sale this week at CompUSA). I need the PSP while I'm travelling; your need for one may differ from mine.

I think it would be smart to hold off on the PSP untill the first revision comes out. You know this version is going to be full of bugs.

Sony has had a few months (since the Japanese launch) to gather details on what has/has not worked on the PSP, and the info gathered will likely be applied to the N. American units. I consider the N. American unit to be a second revision of sorts. The problem with the Square button in the first batch of Japanese units have been addressed for newer PSPs, so I don't expect a similar problem to crop up in N. American units. Unless there's a pervasive technical/functional issue plaguing a substantial number of units, I think Sony will spend more of their time and resources on improving its functionality, particularly online, via firmware upgrades.

bread's done
Back