CAGcast #204: 11 Minute Deadlock

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Tons of games are discussed this week, including: Singularity, Crackdown 2, Transformers, Lego Harry Potter, Kane & Lynch 2, Puzzle Quest 2, and Ancients of Ooga. We've also got the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and much more!

[podcast]113[/podcast]
Download - 89 minutes, 42MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
I love getting the podcast on Thursday morning right before I get off of work, it makes 3am-5am just a little bit easier.

Downloading it to my Droid now, can't wait to listen to some good ol' shenanigans.

I loved it how CheapyD was fact checking Ship like he actually thought he might be wrong :p

[quote name='drew327']Lol Wombat just disappears.[/QUOTE]

I know right? He must have been kicking himself for not being around when Cheapy was talking about his wrists not being able to take it.

The file I sent to Cheapy was missing my last 15 minutes. I have the full file but those amazing jokes will now never be heard by the masses.

This is a bit late as it was discussed on last weeks podcast but I, as Shipreck, love banana ice cream. It's amazing.

That is all.

How do I sign up for the "Hour of Victory Tour"? I'm more than willing to subject myself to torture for a few hours; I've already listened to every Joystiq podcast.

I just want to point out that Boatcrash says "do do" at 15:33. It's the little things that make me laugh. Finally a subtle poop joke from someone other than Cheapy. lol.

Loved the developer theater! you guys are back to your usual selves after that infighting 2 episodes ago. I forgot to log in for the last episode but my mom's commentary was the best. "They are actually talking about games for once instead of shit." ROFL.

Im not even that big of a Transformers game, I havent even seen the second movie and Im enjoying it alot. Like the coop, escalation, and versus modes.

Ship, how can you forget about Dragon Quest as one of the new releases? Unless, you were being sarcastic. Anyways I always enjoy your input, keep up the great work.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Ship, how can you forget about Dragon Quest as one of the new releases? Unless, you were being sarcastic. Anyways I always enjoy your input, keep up the great work.
[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest IX comes out this coming Sunday. That usually falls under next week's releases on our show. That's why I was caught off guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shippy, you forgot my shout out, I am sad.

Btw, Mushihimesama and EspGaluda 2 rawks.

[quote name='LiK']Shippy, you forgot my shout out, I am sad.

Btw, Mushihimesama and EspGaluda 2 rawks.[/QUOTE]

if it helps, we talked about you after the show

[quote name='Wombat']if it helps, we talked about you after the show[/QUOTE]

oh man, i hope it was a positive discussion, lol.

[quote name='shipwreck']Dragon Quest IX comes out this coming Sunday. That usually falls under next week's releases on our show. That's why I was caught off guard.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Regardless I would like to hear your thoughts on it in the next CagCast if you pick it up.

Lebron is choosing between Chicago, Cleveland, and Miami, not New York and New Jersey.

Ludia just sucks at making these game show games, as they also released them on Wii and the iPhone and are now putting them on the PS3, too. I feel sorry for anybody that buys the games they are putting out.

Cheapy, you should just watch Giant Bomb's Quick Look for Limbo to see more of the actual game than a trailer allows. Limbo's the only game of the list that is interesting, which is sad since I've enjoyed most of the games they've had in previous years. I expected every game to be $15 this year since there have been more and more $15 games this year.

I really don't need another slow-loading app on the Xbox 360 dashboard and the ability to see what your friends rated a game should've been a part of the ratings system when it was first added. They either need to block ratings until the game is out or require you to own the game to be able to rate it. The dashboard is slow enough as it is without more crap that just piles it on.

Activision already gets a substantial amount of money from the MW2 map pack sales and they also signed a big exclusivity deal with MS over map packs for the next two Call of Duty games. I don't really see why they should get a cut of subscription sales and even then, they'd have to share with every other publisher and developer unless there's a way to tell exactly why each person signed up for Live and distribute the money accordingly.

Cheapy's body/arms/hands couldn't handle holding the Wii Remote and Nunchuck and now he can't handle a PC mouse? You can use a wired Xbox 360 controller on a lot of PC games on Steam if you're that concerned about the mouse.

Good show.

[quote name='bmulligan']Jimmymac finally got banned? Good, fuck that rat bastard.[/QUOTE]

That clip was from ages ago if I remember correctly. I was wondering what made cheapy decide to throw it on the end of this episode. I'm not complaining, I loved it the first time - pretty hilarious...

I still don't get why people ask serious video game questions to the 2 most uniformed people ever to record video game podcast.

Maybe they hope Ship will speak up.

-What has been proposed with the 3DS is much of the control will move to the round nub (slide pad)

[quote name='kashwashwa']That clip was from ages ago if I remember correctly. I was wondering what made cheapy decide to throw it on the end of this episode. I'm not complaining, I loved it the first time - pretty hilarious...[/QUOTE]

yea, sounded familiar. i guess that's what Cheapy decided to replace Wombat's missing 15 minutes with?

Not only does Activision get money for the content they sell on Xbox Live but wait... how much is Microsoft paying them to have that content be exclusive to Xbox Live? And this guy thinks they should get more? Shut up.

Not finished with the show yet but I think here's another fart from someone on the cast (Wombat?) at 55:40 to 55:41.

Cheapy: I found this out by accident a few weeks ago, if you delete the Zune marketplace item from your storage device, watching your game videos goes back to the old better way. I don't ever rent or buy anything from the Zune marketplace, so I'm not missing anything.

[quote name='chesspiece_face']Not only does Activision get money for the content they sell on Xbox Live but wait... how much is Microsoft paying them to have that content be exclusive to Xbox Live? And this guy thinks they should get more? Shut up.[/QUOTE]

fuck Activision. They're such whores for money...

[quote name='shafnitz']Cheapy: I found this out by accident a few weeks ago, if you delete the Zune marketplace item from your storage device, watching your game videos goes back to the old better way. I don't ever rent or buy anything from the Zune marketplace, so I'm not missing anything.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm going to try that. Thanks!

[quote name='shafnitz']Cheapy: I found this out by accident a few weeks ago, if you delete the Zune marketplace item from your storage device, watching your game videos goes back to the old better way. I don't ever rent or buy anything from the Zune marketplace, so I'm not missing anything.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, and I'm perfectly fine with it. The fact that they don't have an option for BOTH on the dash at once is a joke. Along with a lot of other things on the dash.

Shipwreck, you could easily put Dragon Quest IX on next week's Sweet Releases since it launches on the traditional Nintendo Sunday, along with the Blue DSiXL. However, if you forget Metroid Other M's release date, you will get a midly upset PM :lol:

However, there isn't much I can say about the show. Wombat was Wombat, Shipwreck was Shiprwreck and Cheapy was...uh....yeah, you get the idea.

Just came here to post the same thing. It's soooo much faster.

Frisky took the word right out of my mouth.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Cheapy's body/arms/hands couldn't handle holding the Wii Remote and Nunchuck and now he can't handle a PC mouse? You can use a wired Xbox 360 controller on a lot of PC games on Steam if you're that concerned about the mouse.
[/QUOTE]

Cheapy does have a point. I imagine he spends a large amount of time at the computer running CAG. But carpal tunnel at your age? Really?

[quote name='reddjoey']Just came here to post the same thing. It's soooo much faster.[/QUOTE]

Can the zune marketplace be redownloaded, and work correctly after deletion?

Ship - Are you going to do a review of the Lego Harry Potter game? The gf and I hated Lego Indy 2 because only one of you could earn the achievements at a time, and they took the collectibles out of the stages and placed them in the "hub" worlds.

We've historically liked the Lego games, but were disappointed by the lack of depth in the levels and the retarded saving to only one gamertag system they have. I'm hoping HP is a little better.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Activision already gets a substantial amount of money from the MW2 map pack sales and they also signed a big exclusivity deal with MS over map packs for the next two Call of Duty games. I don't really see why they should get a cut of subscription sales and even then, they'd have to share with every other publisher and developer unless there's a way to tell exactly why each person signed up for Live and distribute the money accordingly.[/QUOTE]:applause:Agreed. Doesn't seem fair since Activision doesn't have to put up any of the server costs and Xbox is actually doing them a favor since Activision doesn't have to host the CoD servers like they do for the PS3.

[quote name='sunfiredragon']Ship - Are you going to do a review of the Lego Harry Potter game? The gf and I hated Lego Indy 2 because only one of you could earn the achievements at a time, and they took the collectibles out of the stages and placed them in the "hub" worlds.

We've historically liked the Lego games, but were disappointed by the lack of depth in the levels and the retarded saving to only one gamertag system they have. I'm hoping HP is a little better.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they're will be a review sometime next week. We're going to play more this weekend.

I really enjoyed the show as always guys! And much like Shipwreck, I review games for Gamerfill.com (shameless plug) and I get my play time in when my wife goes to sleep. I too average about 5 hours of sleep a night, so it was nice to hear I was not the only one, and totally felt where he was coming from.

[quote name='sunfiredragon']Ship - Are you going to do a review of the Lego Harry Potter game? The gf and I hated Lego Indy 2 because only one of you could earn the achievements at a time, and they took the collectibles out of the stages and placed them in the "hub" worlds.

We've historically liked the Lego games, but were disappointed by the lack of depth in the levels and the retarded saving to only one gamertag system they have. I'm hoping HP is a little better.[/QUOTE]

Lego HP is by far the best Lego game from a content standpoint, but it is also the buggiest (especially with the achievements). Many of the achievements are one player only, so when you combine that with the bugs/glitches it could take four full playthroughs to get all 1,000 points for two players. That won't come out in Shipwreck's review unless he goes for 100%.

I hope Shipwreck watched the movies over the last week because the story is completely nonsensical otherwise.

Shipwreck:

You mentioned your opinion that Sony is releasing the move a little prematurely (instead of during the holiday period like microsoft's kinect).

While I see your point, do you (as well as Cheapy and Wombat) think this could be just as attributable to bad marketing as it is to recognizing that Microsoft gained an advantage over them by releasing the 360 before the PS3. In other words, could this just be Sony's reacting to the pressure to release their peripheral first in hopes of gaining a 360-like advantage.

Thanks for your thoughts.

[quote name='jkanownik']Lego HP is by far the best Lego game from a content standpoint, but it is also the buggiest (especially with the achievements). Many of the achievements are one player only, so when you combine that with the bugs/glitches it could take four full playthroughs to get all 1,000 points for two players. That won't come out in Shipwreck's review unless he goes for 100%.

I hope Shipwreck watched the movies over the last week because the story is completely nonsensical otherwise.[/QUOTE]

That is disappointing to hear, but not unsurprising. We always shoot for 100%, and I don't really want to deal with playing through upwards of (really, 4!?) four times. I appreciate the info though.

bread's done
Back