GameStop Power Up Members only: Buy 2, Get 1 PRE-OWNED with coupon

HydroX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
If you are a GameStop PowerUp Rewards Member, go to the PowerUp Rewards site and one of the currently active offers is a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" coupon.

Purchase Two Pre-owned Video Games and Get One Pre-owned Game of Equal or Lesser Price Free

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Free Game must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. No substitutions will be made. Valid on in-store and in-stock items only. Not redeemable for cash. Offer valid in the United States only. Offer valid through 8/31/10.

Coupons look to be unique to each account, or else I'd post it.

Edit: Coupons might only show for certain members, so I guess it's "YMMV".
Edit 2: PowerUp Rewards program may not be available in your area yet. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killer9']hopes up only to be dashed man[/QUOTE]

BOOOO!! Must be for certain accounts. That's bull. Sorry. :cold:

Well yeah, that's one of the incentives of signing up. It says it in the brochure.

He said hopes up only to be dashed meaning he didn't want to sign up for their rewards card, he just wanted to print off a coupon and go.

[quote name='Scorch']Well yeah, that's one of the incentives of signing up. It says it in the brochure.

He said hopes up only to be dashed meaning he didn't want to sign up for their rewards card, he just wanted to print off a coupon and go.[/QUOTE]

I never got a brochure, and my active offers never updated until today. I've been a PowerUp Member since early June.

[quote name='Scorch']Well yeah, that's one of the incentives of signing up. It says it in the brochure.

He said hopes up only to be dashed meaning he didn't want to sign up for their rewards card, he just wanted to print off a coupon and go.[/QUOTE]

Its only in certain states i dont think its available where i live yet anyway

I know its available in Ohio. I have the coupon.

And my Gamestop always gets brand new games traded in used within 5 days of it coming out. Hilarious.

[quote name='Pojomofo']So Im assuming this is going to replace the edge card?[/QUOTE]

Its an EDGE card + promos like this + being registered for giveaways + stupid rewards program (16000 points for a Wii Nunchuck)

BOOOO, only available in test markets (I know ST Louis and Ohio somewhere). Any1 have info when this program rolls out nationwide?

The program is active here in Oklahoma.

[quote name='rp71284']Its an EDGE card + promos like this + being registered for giveaways + stupid rewards program (16000 points for a Wii Nunchuck)[/QUOTE]

All rewards programs are "pretty stupid", but considering how it works (on trade-ins and buying stuff) you can make out with some serious rewards points. I'd say it's better than EDGE because you couldn't get free stuff with an EDGE card.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Not in Colorado Springs until fall I was told when I just renewed my edge at the begining of the month[/QUOTE]

Not to worry, when it rolls out in your area they will convert your EDGE card subscription into a PowerUp Rewards card for free, since the PUR program is flat out replacing EDGE soon.

When I went to one last weekend, the sales guy behind the counter was asking me if I was aware of it because it was going to be starting soon. I live in Georgia, about 30 minutes NW of Midtown Atlanta.

Hey guys, if you're really that bummed out about not getting in on this deal, GS.com is still running the 25% off used games until the end of the month...that combined with your edge card makes a 32.5% discount, which is only about .8% away from getting b2g1...and you can buy as often as youu want until the sale is up, and you're not forced to buy any certain amount of games...

just my 2 cents...

[quote name='TheAngryReptile']Hey guys, if you're really that bummed out about not getting in on this deal, GS.com is still running the 25% off used games until the end of the month...that combined with your edge card makes a 32.5% discount, which is only about .8% away from getting b2g1...and you can buy as often as youu want until the sale is up, and you're not forced to buy any certain amount of games...

just my 2 cents...[/QUOTE]

B2G1 combines with edge card as well, so it's 7.5% away from a B2G1. Additionally the 25% off is only good on games $19.99 and up.

[quote name='Zygote']I heard from a GS manager that the power rewards will replace the Edge card. This is just the trial run.[/QUOTE]
Why don't they just augment the Edge membership to include all these menial Power Rewards trappings?

[quote name='sadboy']Why don't they just augment the Edge membership to include all these menial Power Rewards trappings?[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what it is. All these questions pop up every time someone mentions PowerUp. Nothing about the EDGE system changes, you just get points on transactions now. They give you a new card and a B2G1 for signing up and that's it. Like any store's reward program, it's expensive and unless you spend a ton of money at Gamestop, it's not really something you're missing out on, either. But, still, free is free and I already got a $5-off coupon from it so there's no complaints, I guess.

[quote name='Survivalism']
That's exactly what it is. All these questions pop up every time someone mentions PowerUp. Nothing about the EDGE system changes, you just get points on transactions now. They give you a new card and a B2G1 for signing up and that's it. Like any store's reward program, it's expensive and unless you spend a ton of money at Gamestop, it's not really something you're missing out on, either. But, still, free is free and I already got a $5-off coupon from it so there's no complaints, I guess.​

[/QUOTE]

So instead of getting actual $ amounts for traded in games, they are going to point system???

[quote name='Pojomofo']So instead of getting actual $ amounts for traded in games, they are going to point system???[/QUOTE]

No. You get dollar amounts for your trade-ins, but on top of that you get "reward points" for each dollar amount you trade-in. For purely example purposes (this does not reflect GS Rewards whatsoever), say you trade in a $25 game. You get the $25 credit, as well as 2500 reward points to do with whatever you please.

[quote name='Pojomofo']So instead of getting actual $ amounts for traded in games, they are going to point system???[/QUOTE]

No. You get the dollar amounts, you just accumulate points also which you then can get free stuff from the rewards website.

For example, right now I have 7500 points. I can't remember the points per dollar, but it is 10 or 20. You also get points for trading in.

1000 more points ($100? maybe? $50?) and I can turn in the points for a Wii perfect shot if I want.

500 more points I can get a coupon for $10 off any game.

15000 total points and I can pick out any strategy guide for any game.

It doesn't affect anything it is just a new perk to getting the edge card.

The Power Up thing is already in the system for the most part, since I believe my last trade transaction said something like 'Power Up points amount blah blah blah' on the bottom of the receipt.

[quote name='batman1939']I am starting to hate these damn "reward" cards. I already have 5 on my key ring (Borders, CVS, Toys'r'us, Best Buy, Hot Topics.) And yes I know I can just give them my phone number or e-mail but that is even more of a pain in the ass than scanning the card.[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::applause: I remarked to a couple of cashiers already that I have enough of these damned cards. Mind ya, I don't even keep half of the ones I have in my wallet and when I sold my old car I left my Petsmart or whatever one on the keychain.

i already have over 15,000 points. i think im just gonna get the 8000 point $10 off coupons even tho they give those away online pretty often, nothing else seems much better.

[quote name='Velo214']i already have over 15,000 points. i think im just gonna get the 8000 point $10 off coupons even tho they give those away online pretty often, nothing else seems much better.[/QUOTE]

If you do cash in on one of those, let me know. I'm curious as to how those work. I'd like to know if it's a coupon code or a gift card and whether or not it can be used in store. I've got just over 8000pts, so I was checking out the rewards yesterday.

[quote name='rp71284']I know its available in Ohio. I have the coupon.

And my Gamestop always gets brand new games traded in used within 5 days of it coming out. Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

I live near Cincinnati and I haven't encountered any Gamestops that support the Power Up program, so I don't think that it's at the point of "this state has it/this state doesn't" yet. It's still kind of random. I do hope it comes here soon because I could really do some damage with that coupon :bomb:

[quote name='rp71284']I know its available in Ohio. I have the coupon.

And my Gamestop always gets brand new games traded in used within 5 days of it coming out. Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Only certain areas in Ohio apparently because my area doesn't get it.

It's certain areas in Ohio, Missouri, and I think Tennessee. I know only 3 states are currently doing it, and it is only in specific areas. Central Ohio i think is the only place in Ohio currently.

Again, I know for sure it is active in Central Ohio and Missouri. I think the third state is Tennessee, but I'm not 100%.

Wait so can someone explain to a poor noob what this is? Is 10 points worth a dollar? Or do you get 10-20 points for each dollars worth traded in? And is there a place where we can see the stuff we can redeem points for? And can we redeem points whenever we want?(Sorry for all the Qs lol).

[quote name='slimin1122']It's certain areas in Ohio, Missouri, and I think Tennessee. I know only 3 states are currently doing it, and it is only in specific areas. Central Ohio i think is the only place in Ohio currently.

Again, I know for sure it is active in Central Ohio and Missouri. I think the third state is Tennessee, but I'm not 100%.[/QUOTE]

It's active in parts of Oklahoma.

[quote name='TheAngryReptile']Hey guys, if you're really that bummed out about not getting in on this deal, GS.com is still running the 25% off used games until the end of the month...that combined with your edge card makes a 32.5% discount, which is only about .8% away from getting b2g1...and you can buy as often as youu want until the sale is up, and you're not forced to buy any certain amount of games...

just my 2 cents...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PenguinMaster']B2G1 combines with edge card as well, so it's 7.5% away from a B2G1. Additionally the 25% off is only good on games $19.99 and up.[/QUOTE]

And it only works online and like only 100% of the games I'm looking for are "not available online". So... double the worthlessness.

Side question: For some reason I am just now hearing about this program actually being implemented, kind of annoyed that I just renewed my Edge card for $15 a few months ago and now I supposed would have to pay another $15 to get this or is there some way the Edge membership is converted/transferred to this?

So... let's say there's a regular B2G1 free going on.

I buy 3 copies of a recent used game for $98.98+tax, then trade them in with a % bonus for $37+ each (assuming a high base TIV) and get $111 in trade credit. Then, rebuy those and do it all over again.

You can theoretically generate unlimited points by doing this over and over (and get some free strategy guides/other stuff with your reward points).

edge turns into powerup pro. when this kicked in he took my edge and gave me powerup pro and the subscription continues, a month later my edge/powerup pro ran out and i paid another 15 to resubscribe for a year. if you resubscribed with the edge card it works on powerup pro also.

[quote name='hallowicious']So... let's say there's a regular B2G1 free going on.

I buy 3 copies of a recent used game for $98.98+tax, then trade them in with a % bonus for $37+ each (assuming a high base TIV) and get $111 in trade credit. Then, rebuy those and do it all over again.

You can theoretically generate unlimited points by doing this over and over (and get some free strategy guides/other stuff with your reward points).[/QUOTE]
That's assuming you are super friendly with the employees at said Gamestop AND they allow you to trade multiples AND they let you trade games right back in after just buying them.

But if a DM(no matter HOW lenient) saw the same person doing this same transaction quite a few times I have a feeling you'd be banned pretty quickly from trading anything in.

What the heck is this? Did they rename the Edge card to "Power Up"? It looks like the "Power Up Pro" is the same thing as the Edge card...so I'm a member? Maybe?

[quote name='Wolfpup']What the heck is this? Did they rename the Edge card to "Power Up"? It looks like the "Power Up Pro" is the same thing as the Edge card...so I'm a member? Maybe?[/QUOTE]

It is only in certain markets right now. I live in Kansas City. They don't have it going right now. St. Louis does. I happened to be visiting St. Louis and just upgraded. You pay the $15 and you get all that you do now but you get points for every dollar spent and then you can turn that in to free stuff.

I think you can also get a card for free to gain reward points, but you don't get the magazine or the 10% off.

Also, if you already have the edge card, it just transfers over. You don't need to pay a new $15

Anybody who has used this coupon, is it one time use?

There are 6 games I'm looking for, but 3 are at 1 GS and 3 are at the other. And of course none of them are available online.

[quote name='rp71284']Anybody who has used this coupon, is it one time use?

There are 6 games I'm looking for, but 3 are at 1 GS and 3 are at the other. And of course none of them are available online.[/QUOTE]

It's probably a 1-time use, however there is currently a B2G1 going on without coupons. 7/15 thru 7/18.

sux that once my edge sub ran out and my powerup sub took over you lose the 10% off online used games because it isn't national yet. the bright side is you can print multiple powerup pro coupons and use them multiple time. hush ;) they are multi use. i got one b2g1f coupon from starting up poweruppro and then i got another coupon for renewing powerup pro, and they were the exact same code. i did the same thing with 'redeeming' my 16,000 bonus points and got 2 $10 off used game codes that i have used 4 times now... the gift that keeps giving. they will probly have this fixed when it goes national tho... im trying to save up now for 25off new and go freakin wild. lol

[quote name='Velo214']sux that once my edge sub ran out and my powerup sub took over you lose the 10% off online used games because it isn't national yet. the bright side is you can print multiple powerup pro coupons and use them multiple time. hush ;) they are multi use. i got one b2g1f coupon from starting up poweruppro and then i got another coupon for renewing powerup pro, and they were the exact same code. i did the same thing with 'redeeming' my 16,000 bonus points and got 2 $10 off used game codes that i have used 4 times now... the gift that keeps giving. they will probly have this fixed when it goes national tho... im trying to save up now for 25off new and go freakin wild. lol[/QUOTE]

So jealous, still waiting on Power Up to become available in my area...=(

bread's done
Back