Prison Break @ BestBuy $19.99

Not a bad price, but the game is horrid, even for trophy/achievement hunters. I'll wait for under$10, thanks for the heads up though.

That has to be one of the worst covers I've ever seen. "Let me see if I can make my neck pop out." lol
Haven't played the game but from the comments, I think I'll stay away. I couldn't get into the show, either.

From xbox360achievements.org

Overview:
+ Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10.
+ Offline: 45 (1000
gicon
)

+ Online: 0 (0
gicon
)

+ Approximate time: 6-10 hours (Depending on gaming level)
+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1/2.
+ Missable achievements: 0.
+ Does difficulty affect Achievements? Yes (The Great White)
+ Unobtainable achievements: 0
+ Extra equipment needed?: None
+ Avatar Awards: 0.
+ Cheats: None.

[quote name='aaronprather']I thought the show was great. Prison Break followed by 24 made for some good action-packed television on Monday night...[/QUOTE]
We aren't talking about the show though.

[quote name='aaronprather']I thought the show was great. Prison Break followed by 24 made for some good action-packed television on Monday night...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='marlboro2']Definitely have to agree...Mondays were great with those two shows back to back![/QUOTE]
24 during the pre-season six years and Prison Break's first season are among the best television I've ever watched. It's a shame what became of those two shows.

To put it another way: 24 Seasons 6-8 and Prison Break Seasons 2-4 = The quality of Prison Break: The Conspiracy (PS3/360).

[quote name='EliotAndrews']24 during the pre-season six years and Prison Break's first season are among the best television I've ever watched. It's a shame what became of those two shows.

To put it another way: 24 Seasons 6-8 and Prison Break Seasons 2-4 = The quality of Prison Break: The Conspiracy (PS3/360).[/QUOTE]
:lol: so true

I thought Prison Break was great all throughout except for season 3. I mean, really, as good as S1 was, how could you retain the same amount of awesome outside the walls? I thought they did good with what they had.

I always refused to watch Prison Break because it is the show that replaced Arrested Development.....and that is a hangable offense.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I thought Prison Break was great all throughout except for season 3. I mean, really, as good as S1 was, how could you retain the same amount of awesome outside the walls? I thought they did good with what they had.[/QUOTE]

It did get ridiculous after S1, but was still exciting to watch throughout its run...

[quote name='aaronprather']It did get ridiculous after S1, but was still exciting to watch throughout its run...[/QUOTE]

I loved the show. I also like you can watch all four seasons on Netflix. I wanted to try the game but seen it got bad reviews.

I don't want to turn this into a show thread but I has to agree that the whole show was amazing so I'll defintly be trying this game out sometime. I thought it was very good except the last season which was a little too much for me.

[quote name='jousley']I always refused to watch Prison Break because it is the show that replaced Arrested Development.....and that is a hangable offense.[/QUOTE]

Prison Break didn't replace Arrested Development - when Arrested Development was cancelled Prison Break had yet to be picked up for the following season. Fox had only commissioned a pilot episode of the show at that point. Just because one show fills another's time slot it doesn't make it a replacement. AD was a great show but it had piss poor ratings (circa 4 million viewers in the 3rd season), that's why it got cancelled - nothing to do with Prison Break.

Arrested Development was indeed a good show. However, it wasn't a show that had mass appeal really...most people didn't get the style of humor which was sad. It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out though. Heck, my teenage, Twilight-loving sister wanted a new series to watch and I gave her AD, and she watched every single episode and was sad to find out it had ended.

I loved S1 of PB. There was one season where i thought i would not watch it again but i stuck with it like lost. I figured the game would suck but had hopes cause i thought saw was decent for $20 so i had hopes it would be good. I do not like going into best buy ever so i will pass even for $10. I hope newegg or amazon prime sells it for cheap.

*Potential Spoiler*

Season 2 of PB was equally as exciting to some of us as season 1 was, but season 3 was the weakest. Season 4 was alright, but nothing like 1 and 2, it was in the middle, and Michael Rappaport (spelling) was interesting as an addition. As far as season two? I thought with Bill Kim and The Company, President Reynolds, everyone on their own and on the run, the introduction of Agent Mahone (Bill Fichtner) and with Bellick on the loose as a "free man" after the convicts...all made number 2 just as good to me. It was just as thrilling when I watched it the first time. Number three turned into disappointment.

$20 is a possible price for me, from what I've heard, but I'd rather just wait for more like $10. I read a few user reviews and it's just a mediocre game or so, but I was waiting for this game for a couple years (hoping it would be better, but I'm a HUGE PB fan), and thought it actually got canceled, because I saw an ad a long time ago stating Feb. 2009 release, and after that went by long ago, I figured the game got canned.

Oh, and a mediocre season of 24 is still higher octane TV to me than any shows currently on, but that's just me. I've seen all 192 episodes and Redemption, and although 1-5 were the better, I haven't seen TV like that show offered yet, albeit with Prison Break or X-Files. Again, my opinions.

I still want this game even though I know it's awful. It's made from a bunch of no-name companies in some far off country. Maaaan could you imagine a 24 or PB game made by Kojima Productions or Platinum Games or some other great developer? Would be so awesome.

As for PB I liked Season 2 a lot and thought Season 4 had some highlights as well. The Final Break (movie finale) was also decent.

I ended up picking up a copy today. I had $10 in reward certs that have been burning a hole in my pocket. Being a fan of the show I have been interested in playing it. So for $10 I said what the hell. Thanks for the heads up OP

bread's done
Back