Gaming PC build on a budget.

supermikeman

CAG Veteran
I wanted to know what good parts you guys would use if building a gaming computer for 500 dollars. Thats my budget and I wanted to see about getting a parts list. I figured a list of stuff on newegg would work fine because of their prices. I have a thermaltake v3 black case already. So if any of you know a good set up for that price please let me know. Thanks. (Budget is only for tower build, not including monitor/other stuff) Include sound cards in the list if you'd like but I can get one cheap so its not a big focus.

Thanks for the help.

Most likely wide screen but anything specific depends on what monitor I'm able to get. The graphics card I was looking at was the biostar radeon hd 5670 because it has good performance for the price. But specific resolution i'm not sure.

Checked it out. It appears to be a west coast located franchise. I'm from florida. Bummer though. Can't beat good deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='supermikeman']I wanted to know what good parts you guys would use if building a gaming computer for 500 dollars. Thats my budget and I wanted to see about getting a parts list. I figured a list of stuff on newegg would work fine because of their prices. I have a thermaltake v3 black case already. So if any of you know a good set up for that price please let me know. Thanks. (Budget is only for tower build, not including monitor/other stuff) Include sound cards in the list if you'd like but I can get one cheap so its not a big focus.

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

http://www.pcper.com/hwlb.php?guide4=y#guide4

This is probably some of the best you can do for $500.

Just started looking at some of these links. Didn't realize that sound cards were built into the motherboard. lol. That does help a little bit.

Go ask that question on maximumpc.com/forums they will be able to help you better than folks here can.

I would suggest hitting some PC tweeking forums. Those guys (I'm one of them) are alwasy upgradeing and sell stuff pretty cheap sometimes. Anandtech is a good spot too. I have built about 9 machines for friends in the last 2 years for about that price and nobody has complained yet. Little tricky with new stuff as it adds up quick.

but a couple recomendations.

Cant really beat AMD price wise right now, but even Intel has some sweeet deals.. keep in mind I would recomend Intel but when budget is considered its really hard to beat the value AMD has right now.

E5300 CPU is about $65 and OC's like mad!
mid range Video cards are all over for about $150
MB's that will OC a little and not break the bank are also under $100
memory is about $50 to $100 depending on how much ya want
that leaves HD/optical/case and PSU... I wouldnt skimp on PSU but a ok one shouldbe in the $50-75 range... all new stuff , kinda hard to do... but stick in a used part or two and you should be able to do it..

keep in mind when dealing with used stuff, Look for HEATWARE, dont deal with people who dont have it, read the HEATWARE to make sure they have been dealing lately and have good feedback. NO promises ever with used stuff, but you should be ok if you read and make sure you get some NO DOA promises..

My build (90%) from newegg.com -amd athlon II X4 635 ($100), MSI NF750-G55 mobo ($100), OCZ600MXSP 600W RT ($70), MEM 2G|CRUCIAL BL25664TR1608 RT ($70 each), I got a nVidia 8800 gt used ($30) but you have some room to get a new video card. Some may disagree but you will not be disappointed at all with any of this. I love my new PC. I can upgrade to new video cards and I can SLI if I choose. I can play games like L4D2, Assassins creed on high settings without any problems. Since you will have money for a better video card then I have you will be better off. (FYI All of these work perfect together) My build was around $450 I think with case, lights and fans. Hope this helps you.

bread's done
Back