CAGCAA - NCAA 11 Dynasty - 2011 Season - Bowl Week Deadline: 2/24 - Need Replacements

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
We are in need of replacements to refill the conference, so we need people to take over Rutgers, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Cincinnati, Florida, and UCLA. We don't have the functionality to change the teams that are in the conference, so you will need to pick one of the above teams that are already in the SEC. Please read the guidelines in the spoilers below for the requirements to join the league.

The CAGCAA's 2010 season is about to begin and the SEC (Supremely Exciting Conference) is ready to show its dominance once again.

The CAGCAA Website

CAGCAA Week 10 Top 25 Coaches Poll

1. Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) - 9-0 - 33 1st Place Votes
2. Tennessee - 9-0 - 24 1st Place Votes
3. Boise State - 8-0 - 2 1st Place Votes
4. Alabama (Ultimate Matt X) - 8-2
5. Rutgers (BigAT) - 9-1
6. Nebraska (FrankySox) - 8-1
7. West Virginia - 7-1
8. Miami - 7-2
9. USC - 6-2
10. Oklahoma (prometheus_5) - 7-2
11. Georgia Tech (S3anAmI) - 7-3
12. Florida State - 7-2
13. Texas (DarkTower80) - 6-3
14. Pittsburgh - 7-2
15. TCU - 8-2
16. Missouri - 8-1
17. Michigan - 8-1
18. North Carolina - 6-3
19. Mississippi State - 8-1
20. Washington - 7-2
21. Iowa - 6-3
22. Virginia Tech - 6-3
23. Stanford - 7-2
24. Utah - 6-3
25. Connecticut - 6-2

Unranked
NR. Cincinnati (Nateeasy) - 5-5
NR. Florida (Pure Apathy) - 5-5
NR. UCLA (Arkay Firestar) - 4-6
NR. South Florida (moonknight25) - 4-5
NR. Michigan State (XXXplosive1) - 1-8

Week 11 Schedule

Texas (DarkTower80) at Alabama (Ultimate Matt X)
Cincinnati (Nateeasy) at Michigan State (XXXplosive1)
Rutgers (BigAT) at Florida (Pure Apathy)
Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) at Georgia Tech (S3anAmI)
Utah at Nebraska (FrankySox)
South Florida (moonknight25) at Oklahoma (prometheus_5)

Byes: UCLA (Arkay Firestar)

2010 Heisman Watch

1. Mark Ingram - HB - Alabama
2. Joe Martinek - HB - Rutgers
3. Noel Devine - HB - West Virginia
4. Christian Ponder - HB - Florida State
5. Kellen Moore - QB - Boise State

The Rules and Settings

-All-American Difficulty for Games
-Freshman Difficulty for Recruiting
-Time Savers are Disabled
-Four Days Per In-Game Week
-Missing Two Consecutive Weeks is when you'll be kicked
-6 Minute Quarters
-No FCS Games on the Schedule
-No restarts allowed for CPU games

Dynasty Members
FriskyTanuki, GT: CrashSpyro - Ohio State
moonknight25, GT: JustnCredible29 - South Florida
SeanAmI, GT: S3anAmI - Georgia Tech
Ultimate Matt X, GT: Ultimate Matt X - Alabama
XXXplosive1 - GT: XXXplosive1 - Michigan State

With the release of NCAA Football 11 nearly here, it's time for the CAGCAA to upgrade to the new game to start again. Be sure to read all of this before signing up so that you know what to expect and what is expected of you.

New Online Dynasty Features
The biggest new feature we're getting this year is the new website (http://www.easports.com/dynasty) that lets us get all of the information (stats, schedules, rankings, and more), recruiting, and the Dynasty Wire. I made a temp dynasty so you can see it in action in its public mode (http://www.easports.com/dynasty#module=moduleDynastyHub&dynid=148&sku=662A0001).

Dynasty Wire is the new news feature that gets away from the generic news you always skip over and lets the people in the dynasty write up the articles about their games and use their own highlights and photos in the story. You can do this from the Xbox 360 (not recommended because of the crappy typing tools) and the PC along with the ability to comment from either side, as well. The game will save five pictures for the default articles based on your game, but you can add to that with an extra five pictures and five video highlights to add to the post.

I'd love for everyone that is looking to join to be willing to use this, as it can at least be a helpful feature to better communicate between you guys without needing this thread to do it. I'll probably write up my recaps on the website from now on.

The other big changes are the new dynasty interface that is leagues better than in the past (more like the PS3's XMB) and the revamped recruiting tool that makes it a bit less of a grind to recruit. We also have the opportunity to set a specific difficulty for recruiting, which will probably be set to freshman from what I've seen of the results in last year's dynasty.

Requirements
I will be taking 11 of you for this dynasty and I will have final say on who gets in since I have certain expectations for those that want in:

-You must be able to play with the dynasty for as long as it lasts, at least without anything that could cause you to be unavailable for the foreseeable future. I don't need people that can only play through the summer or otherwise have some obligation that would make them a waste of a spot. The major issue with this is that it's unlikely that I can alter the custom conference at any point, so the twelve teams we have at the start are all we can have.

-If you're seeing this thread from Google or some other site and have or want to sign up just to join this, you're unlikely to get in since I am looking for active members of this community as part of the whole point I mentioned above about not wanting to waste spots on questionable people.

-You must be able to post here regularly so I can tell that you're an active part of this dynasty since missing two weeks in the dynasty will mean that you're getting kicked, unless you have a good excuse.

-You must be a good sport and are able to handle losing gracefully along with playing fairly like the way these teams actually play and not like the average douchebag plays online. The Season Showdown system that is on by default now will penalize you with negative points for trying to run up the score (via passing, runs are fine), going for it on 4th down, and other such unsportsmanlike activities. Also, be nice to everyone outside of the dynasty, too. If you have any issues with somebody else in the dynasty, let me know and I'll see what I can do to try to solve the problem.

We will be taking over the SEC again in a custom conference, so feel free to pick any of the 120 teams that haven't been picked so far. You do have the option to reserve some of your Non-Conference schedule for rivals that you've left behind in other conferences, so let me know when the time comes for that at the beginning of the Pre-Season. I'm going to go out on a limb

The major obstacle for when we start will be when the first fully-named roster will be out, so it may take a few days for us to start.

If you've made it this far, understand the rules and requirements, and want to join, just call your team and we can get the process started. Posting below and calling a team doesn't automatically confirm your spot until I add it to the list below.

Last edited by a moderator:
QY77s.jpg

Rutgers!

USC BABY!!!!!..................I'm sorry Lane Kitten held a gun to head just then........ USF of course ; ) On a slightly off topic note, anyone in FL want to go to the Sept 11 USF/FL game in the swamp? My friend is giving me 4 extra tickets and I would love to invite one of you guys!

Yeah I deleted it, I wanted to make sure I could commit first because I'm going to be in another dynasty as well and wasn't sure if I was getting the game on release date. All is good though and I'll be ready to go whenever you start it up. I'll take Nebraska and can't wait to get started.

I was reading over at Operation Sports that rosters were already in the works so hopefully we don't have to wait to long for a good roster set.

Hopefully someone picks up Oklahoma or Missouri this year so I can get in a few real-life conference games every season. Looking forward to this year and hopefully I can get an early match with BigAt, I still have to beat him! So glad NU has a team I should be able to be competitive with this year. Unfortunately I'm not as good as BigAt and can turn an average program into a team I can win with online.

Also if anyone wants to get in some practice games before we start add me as a friend. Pretty sure I already have all of you so far though. I'm getting the game either tomorrow at midnight or Tuesday. Probably be playing it most of the day Tuesday so send me a message if you see me on and want to play.

[quote name='clazmcfly']we starting this up early huh lol. [/QUOTE]
Early? The game comes out on Tuesday, I'm not holding my breath that a worth while roster set will be available by the weekend though.

Give me the perfect option again, Georgia Tech.
Frisky, still waiting on the box probably delayed with the holiday, should come this week, I haven't really checked though.

It also seems clazmcfly only just signed up for CAG and this is his only post, so I would be wary of him joining.

[quote name='SeanAmI']It also seems clazmcfly only just signed up for CAG and this is his only post, so I would be wary of him joining.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the same situation for barnetttbrat and kkclark44 too.

[quote name='kkclark44']dude you need to quit wining because you know you cant handle getting beat pure apathy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, quit wining Apathy :)

[quote name='FrankySox']360 but Ohio St. is taken.[/QUOTE]
That's how I can tell that he didn't read it.

Newbies that signed up just for this thread are pretty low on the totem pole, just to be honest.

This is high up with a google search for "ncaa 11 online dynasty."

My work schedule has cleared up more so recently so I will have more time to play than I did the last few weeks of the last season. If you are not going to let the newbies join I'll take Texas if you are letting them in then I would take Colorado.

Oh man I'd wish you'd be Colorado. A nice little Nebraska Colorado game every year in this dynasty would be awesome! However I understand your reason for wanting Texas, I did the same thing in last years dynasty.

So what is the frequency of game playing? Is that the "four days per week" bit? As in four games played per week? Or is it one game a week? Just wondering.

I think he means we will play one week of the game in 4 real days. So you would be required to play a game every 4 days. Unless of course you have a bye that week.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm in, but I gotta figure out a team now that my Gators are gone. Are any other Ohio teams decent outside of Ohio State?[/QUOTE]

Ohio U! :lol:

I'm sure Cincinnati probably isn't too bad. They're no OSU/Florida obviously.

[quote name='DarkTower80']It's too bad CU-Neb is going to end once they join their new conferences. That was usually a great game to watch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the game in 2008 was one of the most insane games I've been to as far as celebration in the stands, it went from quiet to everyone jumping in the stands after Henery hit that FG. One of the best times I've had at a sporting event. Now if we could just beat Texas before we leave this year.

I'd like to join this but there may be one slight problem. I work from 12am to 8am EST and sleep from 3pm to 10pm EST Sunday through Thursday. Any other time, i'm online playing. (I just put away NCAA 10 lol) So, if this is a problem then feel free to pass me by, as my schedule sucks, but if not, i'll take Michigan. :)

Go Blue!

I'm down to play, I've been playing ncaa for years but can never find an online dynasty as serious to play as me, and they always fall apart after a few weeks, I want a serious dynasty! Biffmeister2021 Ill take Texas A+M

[quote name='BigAT']I just got my copy, thank you Dell![/QUOTE]

Will you be playing later tonight? probably wont get mine til midnight but would love to get a game in.

Am I the only person that lost their team from this year's dynasty? I guess I'll take Cincinnati, Ohio U is my old school but that is a lot to overcome in the game.

yea, I'll be getting mine at 9 when my Best Buy opens, can't wait! how did you get it early? How is it?

How do ya'll feel about all the new website activity that's going to be available. I'm pretty psyched being a Sports Journalism major at Texas-San Antonio I think it's going to be awesome that you can create your own articles and highlight reels to tell the story of the game. The dynasties I'm in are going to get alot of activity lol

[quote name='BigAT']I just got my copy, thank you Dell![/QUOTE]

You're lucky, I got the delay email and have to wait until tomorrow to get it.

*edit*
I just checked my email and they actually shipped the game out today after telling me it wouldn't be until the 26th. So looks like I should have it on Wednesday. Good thing I have Thursday through Sunday off!

[quote name='hostyl1']So what is the frequency of game playing? Is that the "four days per week" bit? As in four games played per week? Or is it one game a week? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]
You get four days to complete all of your tasks during a week in the dynasty, which includes your game and recruiting.
[quote name='slofton']I'd like to join this but there may be one slight problem. I work from 12am to 8am EST and sleep from 3pm to 10pm EST Sunday through Thursday. Any other time, i'm online playing. (I just put away NCAA 10 lol) So, if this is a problem then feel free to pass me by, as my schedule sucks, but if not, i'll take Michigan. :)

Go Blue![/QUOTE]
That probably won't work out too well with the general times I see games being played at in the past. Sorry.
[quote name='barnetttbrat']so are you going to let us know if we in or not[/QUOTE]
I've already mentioned the status on newbies.

I think one of the new dudes chose Cinci, so they still might be availible!

Edit, actually he's been with Cag for a few years hehe

I would go with west virginia or virgina tech, your style fits those two perfectly imo

bread's done
Back