Free Puma Bag with a purchase of DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle at Gamestop

time to fill our homes with turntables, now. I have so many plastic instruments, I should start my own second hand store.

Bag looks nice. I won't buy another turntable bundle though...I rarely play DJ Hero enough as it is. Here's hoping that DJH2 will have a fantastic setlist.

bag does look nice. Haven't really looked into the game much 'cos it looked a bit complicated to play. Anyone on here have the game and like it?

[quote name='makesfive'] Anyone on here have the game and like it?[/QUOTE] I will tell you how it is when it comes out in October ;)

[quote name='yorksj']I will tell you how it is when it comes out in October ;)[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the 1st dj hero

I'll preorder. I like the series, hopefully they choose good songs again. This bag is up there with the mirror's edge messenger bag they had. LOVE that bag, great for a laptop.

lol yeah sorry did mean the first one, also a she, hence the interest in the bag :p Unless any of you are time travelers...

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']If we preorder the game and then cancel.. are we required to return the bag as well?[/QUOTE]

The bag ships with the game

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']If we preorder the game and then cancel.. are we required to return the bag as well?[/QUOTE]

Its pick up when the game comes out. May make it a bit more difficult.

[quote name='mediviper']"Activision's Dan Amrich wrote on his blog. Helped along by retail discounts, the game went on to sell 800,000 units at retail during the 2009 holiday season. To date the game has sold a very impressive 1.2 million units."

Which is a nice way of saying, no one was buying it, so we had to clearance the shit out of it.[/QUOTE]

He said it sold 800,000 copies during the 2009 holiday season. AFAIK, there were no huge markdowns on the game during that time. Most of the steep price cuts have come during the past 2-3 months.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist posting. Every single one of these replies have pretty much made me crack up. "Nice bag." and the like . . . drunk + CAG = bad innuendos

Yes, I'm immature :p

[quote name='makesfive']bag does look nice. Haven't really looked into the game much 'cos it looked a bit complicated to play. Anyone on here have the game and like it?[/QUOTE]

I love it. I'm not a huge fan of Rock Band games but since this had music I listened to more, it was great.

You just gotta love the bag, just gotta.

But as for the sequel itself, screw that. I already had (and sold) the first turntable because I mainly fell for the hype here - "dj hero for 30! you cant beat that price!" and I felt like a frigg'n tool playing that wonky piece of shit. You know something just isn't for you when you have to FORCE yourself to play it. There really is nothing sadder than your mother watching you play DJ Hero and she asks you "what are you doing?" and you shrug your shoulders and say "MAKING MUSIC!" ... only you're not. Seriously, the soundtrack is great, but the actual game? Complete crap. People hyped it up as a must-have and it just sat in the corner spinning imaginary records to a bunch of cobwebs. Again, love the bag...gotta love the bag...but I'd rather someone sodomize me with my own spine than pay for another one of these stupid things. But that's just me. I just couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried... and I love electronic music/mash-ups, etc.

Just... don't buy into the hype if you think plastic peripherals are lame. Or have many at all.

[quote name='makesfive']Anyone on here have the game and like it?[/QUOTE]
Easily my favorite rhythm game of last year. There isn't much of a learning curve until you really go into expert where it tells you which direction to spin, but even still the game is on no fail by default. My only complaint is that the track buttons on the platter feel a bit stiff, especially when you have a rapid amount of beats to hit in the harder difficulties. That and after Rock Band's way of doing DLC you may find Activision's DLC for this frustrating as it releases pretty randomly and majority of them are kinda meh (minus the Domination pack).

[quote name='yarkitty123']as for the sequel itself, screw that. I already had (and sold) the first turntable because I mainly fell for the hype here - "dj hero for 30! you cant beat that price!" and I felt like a frigg'n tool playing that wonky piece of shit. You know something just isn't for you when you have to FORCE yourself to play it. There really is nothing sadder than your mother watching you play DJ Hero and she asks you "what are you doing?" and you shrug your shoulders and say "MAKING MUSIC!" ... only you're not. Seriously, the soundtrack is great, but the actual game? Complete crap. People hyped it up as a must-have and it just sat in the corner spinning imaginary records to a bunch of cobwebs.[/QUOTE]

You could say it like that, but it's not like you're shooting real people in the head while playing shooters, and it's not like you're actually exploring the world while playing RPGs. People playing sports games are probably some of the worse offenders, as they could be playing real sports. It's all about the false reality.

You make a good point about the false reality, Interfeci.

Though I think in my case, in regards to DJ Hero, it was just a case of me being a total cretin. I wanted an actual DJ board but thought "why not" and I'm still bitching about it, as all and sundry can see. :lol:

I seriously don't have much to add here besides a few misplaced barbs and "nice bag." I just thought I'd "warn" people on the fence because it really is NOT for everyone...especially people who want real instruments and are silly enough to think "this might be good practice!"

yeah, the bag is nice, but the first one's price fell like a rock so fast I don't see why I would want to pick this up at launch. Also the 2 turntable feature I've seen so far is just 2 players with 2 turn tables.

If they showed me what dual deck single player looked like I might want to pick it up.

It definitely needs a dual deck option for single player. It shouldn't be too hard to expand it to two peripherals since DDR has a doubles mode.

As an actual DJ I will probably treat them too heavily and am afraid I would break them :p

Sign your life on the X you exit and what do you get? A box of Newports, and Puma sweats"

Cant remember the last time I saw anyone with a Puma anything.

[quote name='hostyl1']Sign your life on the X you exit and what do you get? A box of Newports, and Puma sweats"

Cant remember the last time I saw anyone with a Puma anything.[/QUOTE]

You should have seen my high school

I think i'm the only one who really loves dj hero. It's far and away my favorite music game. I don't know what it is about it, but i can play it for hours on end. *shrugs* I'm really wanting the puma bag, but I don't think i need another turn table when i already have 2

i like the game, but i hate the damn controller. it's made so cheapily. i also hate the damn buttons on the turntable, wish it was more sanwa-ish.

someone needs to make an ASC-style (DJ Dao, Konami ASC, etc) style controller

bump as the full list of 108 artists was released

Spoiler for EXTREMELY long post

Artists featured in DJ Hero 2:

• 2Pac
  • 50 Cent
  • Adamski
  • Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
  • Armand Van Helden
  • A-Trak
  • B.o.B.
  • Basement Jaxx
  • BlakRoc
  • Bobby Womack
  • Bruno Mars
  • Busta Rhymes
  • Calvin Harris
  • Chamillionaire
  • Chic
  • Chris Willis
  • Clinton Sparks
  • Colby O'Donis
  • Daft Punk
  • Damian Marley
  • David Guetta
  • Deadmau5
  • Deee-Lite
  • Dillinja
  • Diplo
  • Dizzee Rascal
  • DJ Shadow
  • Donna Summer
  • Dr. Dre
  • Drake
  • Edwin Starr
  • Eminem
  • Estelle
  • Flo Rida
  • Gorillaz
  • Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
  • Harold Faltermeyer
  • House Of Pain
  • Iyaz
  • Jackson 5
  • Janet Jackson
  • Justice
  • Kanye West
  • Kaskade
  • Kelis
  • Keri Hilson
  • Kid Cudi
  • Kool & The Gang
  • Lady Gaga
  • Lil Jon
  • Lil Wayne
  • LL Cool J
  • M.I.A.
  • M|A|R|R|S
  • Major Lazer
  • Malcolm McLaren
  • Mase
  • Melle Mel & Duke Bootee
  • Metallica
  • Missy Elliott
  • Mos Def
  • MSTRKRFT
  • N.O.R.E.
  • Nas
  • Nate Dogg
  • Naughty By Nature
  • Nelly
  • New Boyz
  • New Order
  • Newcleus
  • Nightcrawlers
  • Orbital
  • Pharoahe Monch
  • Pirate Soundsystem
  • Pitbull
  • Puff Daddy
  • Pussycat Dolls
  • Rihanna
  • Robin S.
  • RZA
  • Salt N Pepa
  • Sam Cooke
  • Sam Sparro
  • Sean Paul
  • Skibadee
  • Sneaky Sound System
  • Snoop Dogg
  • Snow
  • Soulja Boy Tell Em
  • Sparfunk & D-Code
  • Static Major
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Talib Kweli
  • The Chemical Brothers
  • The Crystal Method
  • The Egg
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • The Prodigy
  • Tiësto
  • Tiga
  • Timbaland
  • Tweet
  • Walter Murphy
  • Warren G
  • Wayne Smith
  • Will.I.Am
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • Young Jeezy

Impressive list of artists; I'm intrigued by these games but not enough to bite yet... probably will wait for the 2nd one to drop in price to jump in.

[quote name='persianhero']how much for the bag separately?![/QUOTE]

Probably the far cheaper route if you only plan on buying this game for a bag...:roll:

I'm surprised a sequel even saw the light of day.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Probably the far cheaper route if you only plan on buying this game for a bag...:roll:

I'm surprised a sequel even saw the light of day.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if someone in this thread mentioned already but as a reminder the game, discounts or otherwise, sold over a million copies.

You don't turn your back on a million copies.

Does anyone know if the normal bundle only comes with the black turntable or is/will there be an option for white. Since I have the premium bundle I'd love to have an Ebony and Ivory motif going on.

[quote name='FurryCurry']

Does anyone know if the normal bundle only comes with the black turntable or is/will there be an option for white. Since I have the premium bundle I'd love to have an Ebony and Ivory motif going on.[/QUOTE]
That's a pretty cool idea. I have the premium black/gold one too, however, I think the other ones are silver, not white.

My cousin sniped the DJ Hero for PS3 for $22 (Free shipping as well).
Any doubts I had (including "Beatmania IIDX is better than this) was erased as soon as I played it. It's surprisingly fun, as far as plastic instruments go.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']My cousin sniped the DJ Hero for PS3 for $22 (Free shipping as well).
Any doubts I had (including "Beatmania IIDX is better than this) was erased as soon as I played it. It's surprisingly fun, as far as plastic instruments go.[/QUOTE]

I think IIDX is still better than DJ Hero and more challaging in a fun way. But DJ Hero is a pretty good game too. Only problem i have with the game is the damn controllers suck (cheapily made) and that it's hard to drum roll or rapid fire on these buttons. i also hate how fragile the effectors are.

[quote name='djricekcn']I think IIDX is still better than DJ Hero and more challaging in a fun way. But DJ Hero is a pretty good game too. Only problem i have with the game is the damn controllers suck (cheapily made) and that it's hard to drum roll or rapid fire on these buttons. i also hate how fragile the effectors are.[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't mean that DJ Hero is better than IIDX (although the way I worded it, it sounds like it) I meant to imply that IIDX can be the only DJ rhythm game in town. But, in it's own right, DJ Hero is pretty fun.

I agree with you on the controller issue. Well, specifically the Crossfader. A bit too sensitive for my liking.

I just found this thread a decade later after I couldn't remember where I got a Puma Messenger bag from haha. Still new in the plastic after all this time :). Anyone else still have theirs?

bread's done
Back