Call of Duty: World at War (360) $20 at Amazon

I hope this was to test out the new, better, and cooler overview because this isn't really a deal. This game could have been found for $20 for several months now.

Also, there is also the Call of Duty: The War Collection, which contains Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, and Call of Duty: World at War. It's MSRP, $59.99, at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-War-Collection-Xbox-360/dp/B003JZT1OY) but I've seen it a few dollars off some places.

[quote name='dieresis']I hope this was to test out the new, better, and cooler overview because this isn't really a deal. This game could have been found for $20 for several months now.[/QUOTE]
That's not true, I bought this game a week ago and the lowest price for a new copy was at Amazon for $38. I ended up getting it used from GS for $5 (after coupons and credit... the used base price was $20). So $20 for a new copy is a good deal.

Kmart has the compilation disc on sale for $35, but I think most people just want COD WaW.

-Edit-
A heads up for anyone who is picking this up just for Nazi Zombies (which is why I picked it up), the game only comes with one zombie map. Each additional map comes as part of a map pack for 800 pts each, or you can buy a bundle of all the map packs (3 map packs, each with 1 zombie map) for 2000 pts.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY!! and no, I've never seen it for less than $20 which seems crazy. Aren't the makers of this game heading up Black Ops? Guess we'll see how that turns out..my guess is it won't print as much money w/o Infinity Ward behind it..

Ooooh, I've been on the fence about this forever. I've been able to push it off due to massive backlog, but I'm very tempted. I just might break on this. Thanks Cheapy.

[quote name='dieresis']My mistake. I think I saw that $20 price at a GameStop sale a few months ago. That's probably what it was.[/QUOTE]
I think that was for the Game Day sale they were running only.

I love COD WAW, one of the best cod games imo. You have vehicles, zombies, and FIRE. Plus plays just like COD4.

Either way people still fan boy Infinity Ward (rest in pieces) over Treyarch but treyarch does implement new ideas and improves on old ones. Plus they dont charge redic prices for dlc lol.

If anything this game is worth twenty alone just for the zombie mode, then get the bundled dlc for the extra zombie maps.

Is the 2 player local co-op any good in this? Is it just the split screen story or what? Can you play the zombie mode 2 player split screen?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is the 2 player local co-op any good in this? Is it just the split screen story or what? Can you play the zombie mode 2 player split screen?[/QUOTE]

Yes to both questions.

[quote name='ParadoxSeven']is this game worth 20bucks + 2000points for zombie mode alone? only reason why i would even buy it.[/QUOTE]
Eh, depends how much you like zombie mode.

I also got this game just for zombie mode. I didn't know when I purchased it that the game only comes with one zombie map, and the map it comes with is the worst of the 4, so if you are interested in zombie mode you will want to spend the extra 2000 points.

If you've never tried zombie mode before, here's my impression:
-I usually play SP games, but you can only get so far in zombie mode SP. Zombie mode is brutal, and if you don't have a team you will get slaughtered.
-Zombie mode is much better with friends than strangers. For whatever reason whenever I try to join a public game the other people take forever to press the "ready" button. I guess they see me low online rank and assume I suck (the problem is I only play zombie mode, which doesn't earn you xp, so my rank looks low even though I'm not new to the game) so they eventually leave the room after a few minutes of waiting. Or maybe they just like loading up CoD WaW and then go off to do something else... it's really weird, I've never seen people take so long to be ready when there are no options to set in between games.

So if you like a challenge and working in a team then I think zombie mode itself is worth the CoD WaW purchase.

I'm really surprised there isn't a version of this that contains all the DLC, that reason alone is what has been keeping me from buying this.

i always crazy abt new games and i really need that one lolz
P.gif

[quote name='droider']In SP mode, COD WAW -> Best game ever![/QUOTE]

I hated the SP... but then again I played it alone, remember it being a mess tho, bunch of random shit happening (guess that's probably how war is though?)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I hated the SP... but then again I played it alone, remember it being a mess tho, bunch of random shit happening (guess that's probably how war is though?)[/QUOTE]
I agree. I tried a bit of the SP and it was hectic, drab and depressing. I guess that means the devs/artists did a good job capturing the feeling of war, but as a game I didn't find it enjoyable. Same with the online mp.

Nazi Zombies is awesome though :)

That's-a-why-a-I'm-a concerned about-a-Black-Ops-a.

WaW has all the visual and technical bells and whistles of an superb CoD game, but it feels more like you're in a war, rather than playing a game about war. At least, that's how I roll.

Thanks op. I avoided picking this up in the Games Day sale earlier in the year because all their copies were gutted. This will make a nice complement when I eventually get around to watching the Pacific.

bread's done
Back