2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
[quote name='joystickz']Wow.... This thread has clearly been of great importance and value to a lot of people...

I had no idea that it'd see nearly over 35,000 hits by the end of 2004.

I hope this thread continues to live on under its foster parent StriderTurbulence, as he has taken over some time ago....

Just wanted to update here... let eveyone know how proud I was of everyone for making the best of this highly profitable and enjoyable trade-in oppertunity...

I know I have... through 2004 alone, at multiple FYE's, I've gotten DS's, PS2's, amazing Xmas gifts for everyone I know, a gigantic boost to my own library, and even gaming gifts for charity.... THOUSANDS of dollars worth of goodies... for barely $200 after all was said and done... travel and a little time each week my only efforts... BUT I HAVE MY FELLOW CAGers TO THANK FOR LISTING WITH ME!

These trade-in deals have been priceless to me... and I wish that they remain as dear to eveyone else throughout a safe and Happy 2005.

With that said.... Have a peek at Strider Turbulences posts, as well as those of YoshiFan1, they clearly have a handle on the situation.... so read on to the list a few posts below... and look for breaking news in the most recent posts.

Enjoy!
:D[/quote]

death.... brings life....

2005 Edition now online....

----> http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54137

please address all trade-in issues with Mr Strider Turbulence... Captain of the Official CAG 2005 FYE Trade-in Thread....

Last updated on 2/21/05

Here are the latest prices. They seem to wildly vary from store to store. The average price range is $6-9 for most games.

Kill.Switch (Xbox) - $15.00
Scaler (PS2) - $9.25
room zoom $26
NCAA gamebreaker 2004 $10
nascar thunder 2004 $11
drake- 15.00
unreal 2- 18.00
XIII- 7.50
Front mission 4- 9.00
maximo vs. army of zin- 14.99
ejay clubworld- 4.00
unreal championship- 7.50
XBOX Driver 3 - $11
XBOX Red Dead Revolver - $7.50
XBOX Unreal II - $18.00
Mission Impossible 2(MI:2)-7.5
Terminator: Rise of The Machines-7.5
Enter the Matirx - $3
Freestyle Street Soccer xbox $17

Does anyone know the values for any of these games ?
1.Clock Tower 3
2.Culdcept
3.Devil May Cry
4.Devil May Cry 2
5.Extermination
6.Fatal Frame
7.Fatal Frame 2
8.Galerians (ps1)
9.Galerians Ash
10.Jade cocoon 2 (light scratches, was a used copy)
11.Onimusha Warlords
12.Onimusha 2 Samurai's Destiny
13.Prince of Persia
14.Resident Evil CVX (no DMC demo)
15.Rygar
16.Silent Hill 1(ps1) Gh copy
17.Silent Hill 2 (used copy one light scratch)
18.Silent Hill 3
19.The Thing
20.Zone of Enders
21.Zone of Enders 2nd runner
22. Jade Cocoon 1 (ps1)

[quote name='Nasfive0']Does anyone know the values for any of these games ?
1.Clock Tower 3
2.Culdcept
3.Devil May Cry
4.Devil May Cry 2
5.Extermination
6.Fatal Frame
7.Fatal Frame 2
8.Galerians (ps1)
9.Galerians Ash
10.Jade cocoon 2 (light scratches, was a used copy)
11.Onimusha Warlords
12.Onimusha 2 Samurai's Destiny
13.Prince of Persia
14.Resident Evil CVX (no DMC demo)
15.Rygar
16.Silent Hill 1(ps1) Gh copy
17.Silent Hill 2 (used copy one light scratch)
18.Silent Hill 3
19.The Thing
20.Zone of Enders
21.Zone of Enders 2nd runner
22. Jade Cocoon 1 (ps1)[/quote]

I know this is in the request thread... but its not for requesting prices. its for posting prices only so we dont have to make such HUGE request lists...

see what i'm getting at?

please do not let this follow suit.
thanks...
sorry not flaming.... just letting it be known.

PLEASE POST ONLY PRICES.
thanks.

[quote name='Nasfive0']meh, whatever, if anyone does know pm me please.[/quote]

well... see that defies the idea as well....

if anyone knows the trade in values....
dont just PM one dude...

POST THEM HERE!!!!
PLEASE!

gwaaaaahhhh!

today i traded in these at FYE:

Mat Hoffman 2 (PS2): 8.50
SSX Tricky (PS2): 8.50

they told me they'd give me 7.50 for my SEALED i-ninja, but that didn't sound too great to me, so i passed...

and BTW, FYE apparently caught on to everyone's still-sealed-CC-game-trade-in scam, so now the company has a new, much more restrictive return policy. you MUST now have a receipt to get even store credit on sealed games.

hope this helps!!

[quote name='organicow']today i traded in these at FYE:

they told me they'd give me 7.50 for my SEALED i-ninja, but that didn't sound too great to me, so i passed...

and BTW, FYE apparently caught on to everyone's still-sealed-CC-game-trade-in scam, so now the company has a new, much more restrictive return policy. you MUST now have a receipt to get even store credit on sealed games.

hope this helps!![/quote]

awesome... i'll start reposting these all at the top.

I have quick question since I'll be going to trade in some games to what I hope is an FYE store tommorow.

Are Record Town and Strawberries affiliates of FYE?

Anyone have a general range for PS1 games? I have about 20 I'm looking to get rid of and the woman at the counter insisted she scan the games first instead of just telling me.

joysticks, now that I thought about what you said, you are right lol. anyway I am going to fye today to trade in some games, they won't tell me the price over the phone. However I do know they give 23 for mvp (ps2)2004, which is worse then eb/gamestop.

[quote name='Nasfive0']joysticks, now that I thought about what you said, you are right lol. anyway I am going to fye today to trade in some games, they won't tell me the price over the phone. However I do know they give 23 for mvp (ps2)2004, which is worse then eb/gamestop.[/quote]
its cool man... no prob. :wink:

[quote name='gza331']Anyone have a general range for PS1 games? I have about 20 I'm looking to get rid of and the woman at the counter insisted she scan the games first instead of just telling me.[/quote]

I think FYE won't give prices over the phone because they're NAZIs about condition. All the ones around me will look at a disc for 30 seconds, looking all around before they'll give the OK. Good for you if you're buying games but if you're trading in anything with even one little scratch, they may not take it back. The prices listed so far don't sound too particularly better than what you'd get at Gamecrazy or Gamestop. I could be wrong, though. Anyone know if higher priced trade ins?

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='gza331']Anyone have a general range for PS1 games? I have about 20 I'm looking to get rid of and the woman at the counter insisted she scan the games first instead of just telling me.[/quote]

I think FYE won't give prices over the phone because they're NAZIs about condition. All the ones around me will look at a disc for 30 seconds, looking all around before they'll give the OK. Good for you if you're buying games but if you're trading in anything with even one little scratch, they may not take it back. The prices listed so far don't sound too particularly better than what you'd get at Gamecrazy or Gamestop. I could be wrong, though. Anyone know if higher priced trade ins?[/quote]

You'd be lucky to get $2-3 apiece for the games listed at EB or Gamespot.

I traded in 5 games, a few weeks ago, made a thread about it. Im glad they are strict on used trade ins, cause i picked up viewtiful joe in perfect shape except a small small mark on the disc.

I didn't scam them either with sealed games, after saying i would trade them in, the manager further said "well since they are sealed i can take them as in store credit."

Prices I would have gotten All 7.50-8.50 used.
wipeout fusion
devil may cry GH
summer beach volleball
freaky flyers

I also tried to trade in ATV off road fury 2 but they did not take it because it had not for resale on there

God damn, I had taken 5 or 6 games in there a month or so ago and can't remember the total or what they gave me. Stuipid drug rattled brain.

I just got back from FYE looking for an XBox. None available (Montebello, CA), Anyway, I bought in these games to see how much credit they'd give
:
Used - Mad Maestro, Kengo: Master of Bushido,
New - Primal, Drakan, and Arc the lad:Twilight of something

The clerk told me he'd give me $40 for all of them. I just shook my head and walked out forgetting to ask for the individual price of each game

[quote name='sirinam']I just got back from FYE looking for an XBox. None available (Montebello, CA), Anyway, I bought in these games to see how much credit they'd give
:
Used - Mad Maestro, Kengo: Master of Bushido,
New - Primal, Drakan, and Arc the lad:Twilight of something

The clerk told me he'd give me $40 for all of them. I just shook my head and walked out forgetting to ask for the individual price of each game[/quote]

You should have clinged to the 40 bucks like grim death.

sirinam

FYE try to Rip u off

NEW Primal & Arc The lad is $39.99 Each (I heard you can Return to Walmart w/o Receipt for Store Credit or GC)

[quote name='Masterkyo']sirinam

FYE try to Rip u off

NEW Primal & Arc The lad is $39.99 Each (I heard you can Return to Walmart w/o Receipt for Store Credit or GC)[/quote] I heard you can pretend to trade the games by taking a picture of them in a box, and then have people send you their games, and you can still keep yours.

[quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='Masterkyo']sirinam

FYE try to Rip u off

NEW Primal & Arc The lad is $39.99 Each (I heard you can Return to Walmart w/o Receipt for Store Credit or GC)[/quote] I heard you can pretend to trade the games by taking a picture of them in a box, and then have people send you their games, and you can still keep yours.[/quote]

LMAO!

I've never receive full $49.99 return credit for any sealed trade ins I've done at FYE. I never told them they were returns, all I said was that I'd like to trade them in. I figured I'd let the manager make the decision since I think only mgrs are allowed to do trade ins (I've been told that at a couple of them). Never received "return credit". I wasn't expecting to as I figured someone could really get in trouble when they audit the store if they gave you full credit w/o a receipt. And, let's face it, FYE will most likely never re-sell the game you've returned. I don't think they do big videogame business.

On the other hand ... the best FYE trade in credit (no lie) that I ever received was $26 for RTX Redrock for PS2. This was when it just dropped to $19.99 at BB. I got it w/GGC, went home, played for an hour maybe, went to FYE and traded it in for $26. They lowered the trade in price to $8.50 the next day (probably even less now). That game dropped in price like 2 weeks after it was released. One thing I've noticed ... it's not the rarity of the game at FYE, it's how recently they perceived it to have been released. The "newer" ones will most of the time be worth more (although they're aware of the $9.99 titles, I think and one manager did give me a speech about how sports games won't be much because they drop in price real quickly).

[quote name='organicow']today i traded in these at FYE:

What? So if I open the game I can trade it but if it sealed I can not? That makes no sense at all!

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='organicow']today i traded in these at FYE:

What? So if I open the game I can trade it but if it sealed I can not? That makes no sense at all![/quote]

I think what OC meant was that some people have been receiving full price in credit back if the games were sealed instead of used trade in credit (full "return" credit would've been $29 or something) but he only received $7.50 for his sealed game which is the used credit.

Rouge Ops $7.50
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu $8.50
Fantavision--$6
Jet Set Radio/Sega GT--$6
NBA Live 2003 (Gamecube)--$8
Everquest Adventures--$12
John Madden 2001--$2

One of the employees told me that 8.50 is the norm and I hope he was referring to the same Everquest that is $5 at Best Buy!!! Worth a shot (I called in for Everquest Adventures and Madden 'cuz I thought they had no value and didn't bring them).

Bastards wouldn't take
Capcom vs SNK2
Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition
Suikoden III
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII
Max Payne 2 (PS2)

Which didn't bother so much as that they REFUSED to give me their price for them. They also don't apparently take used Gameboy Advance titles either as they refused Ultimate Muscle.

More values

Dark Cloud--7.50

Zoocube 8.50
Shadowman Second Coming 8.50
Robotech Collectors Edition (gamecube) 7.50
Nascar Rumble 2003 $2

Everquest Online Adventures Froniters is $12
The original Everquest Online Adventures is a fucking penny.

Shenmue 2
NFL2k3
Murakumo
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Sega Soccer Slam
JSRF
sega GT with JSRF (one disc)
Ghost Recon
Capcom VS SNK
True Crime
NFL Street

if they are less than 5 bucks dont look up

Went to FYE today with a bunch of PS1 games. They wouldn't accept most because the discs were scratched, but here's the prices for the ones they accepted.

Blast Chamber - $4.50
Jet Moto 2 - $4.50
Monopoly - $8.50
Crash Team Racing - $6
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2 - $4.50

TOTAL - $28.00!!!

Thanks CAG!

I didn't scam anybody when I tried to sell them my games. It was the manager who said that he'll give me full credit for the sealed games. What am I going to say...NO? If you're an idiot, then tell him you'd like the used price, otherwise if you want the most you can get for them, then don't argue.
I got $49.99 for a lot of games and the open ones I received $24 each for Dynasty Warriors 4(XBox) and Dynasty Tactics 2(PS2) and $26 for KOTOR. They wouldn't take back NBA Starting Five and Gun Griffon Blaze because it wasn't in their system.
Just earlier this week, I got $568 store credit for about 20 new games.

Damn, and here i thought those Haunted Mansions were worthless.

I could have gotten Lord of the rings trilogy for $20 worth of BB games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back