3 Months of GameFly's 2 Game Membership $44.95

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]Stuck at home this Summer? For $44.95 (less than $0.50 a day), get three months of GameFly's 2 games out at at time rental plan. This is 15% off the normal price.

Offer not valid for existing members. After the three-month discount period, GameFly will continue to bill your payment method at the regular membership price.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly Summer Offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamefly burned me during the 1 month I had them. I sent back a game with about 15 days left in the 1st month and didn't get the email saying they received it for about 2 months.

By all means, give it a try though. Wasn't for me.

if the return takes more than 3 days I send a complaint (it goes from DC to PA, and very rarely do things mailed out take more than 1 day)

I'll usually get the standard wait 7 days for the return email, then send out the next games while they wait. Which is reasonable.

[quote name='rayne117']Gamefly burned me during the 1 month I had them. I sent back a game with about 15 days left in the 1st month and didn't get the email saying they received it for about 2 months.

By all means, give it a try though. Wasn't for me.[/QUOTE]

Probably because US postal either lost or their workers stole the game you were returning. Had a problem like that and sent a complaint, pretty easy process to deal with. I liked gamefly but i hated the fact that they dont have a shipping depot in norcal/bay area.

Gamerang blows them away, even if they are a bit more expensive.

I made a list of 30 games on both sites. Gamefly had less than 1/5 as Available. Gamerang had almost 2/3. I tried renting NHL 10, and it said Low, which is pretty sad.

As a member since last November, I can't say I have any complaints about them. Generally for me, they get my game in about 2 shipping days, and I get one back 2 days after they ship it.

Depending how long I have the game, I can get 4-6 games a month. Renting from Blockbuster at $10 each, that's $40-$60 versus my $16 a month for the one game plan. Not to mention the $5 coupon they give you every 3 months, 5% off every used game after 6 months, 10% after 12 months, and their amazing used price sales...it's worth it.

[quote name='rp71284']Gamerang blows them away, even if they are a bit more expensive.

I made a list of 30 games on both sites. Gamefly had less than 1/5 as Available. Gamerang had almost 2/3. I tried renting NHL 10, and it said Low, which is pretty sad.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's well worth the extra price for newer releases. Sadly their website, and customer service kinda sucks. It's not like they're dishonest or rude or anything they just don't seem to have the resources gamefly does.

The only way u can get games on gamefly is to have them in your q before they release. Otherwise it will take awhile.

[quote name='uscommander']The only way u can get games on gamefly is to have them in your q before they release. Otherwise it will take awhile.[/QUOTE]
This.
I'm still waiting for a copy of Split/Second that is on medium availability since release.:cry:

i can see why they are doing this... i just do psp and ds games

memberships runs the 17th to 16th

JULY
NOTHING

AUG 2 games

nothing to rent

[quote name='rayne117']Gamefly burned me during the 1 month I had them. I sent back a game with about 15 days left in the 1st month and didn't get the email saying they received it for about 2 months.

By all means, give it a try though. Wasn't for me.[/QUOTE]

You're supposed to report it missing after 7 days. Why the hell would you wait 2 months?

Anybody know if this can be used for accounts that aren't currently being used? Or do I absolutely have to create a new one?

I had Gamefly for about 2 months and then quit. I am in Michigan and it would take a week (5 business days) for my game to ship back to them and then another 3-5 business days to receive another game, so I was without a game almost 2 weeks every time I finished one game.

Also don't expect to get a game you actually want. When I first started I had a queue of ten games and I got an email from Gamefly saying that none of the games in my queue were available and that I needed to add more games so they could ship one. So I had to add crap games at the bottom of my queue and those are the ones they would ship me. I never received a game that was less than 15th in my queue of games.

I e-mailed them after the first month and told them I was going to cancel because of these problems and they gave me a free month, but I still quit after the free month because nothing changed.

Luckily I found out about Family Video. If you have one in your area you can get half off game rentals for a month for $10 so with that a 5 day rental is $3 for 5 nights or about $28 a month if you were to rent every single week (which I don't do. I rent probably 3 weeks out of the month so I am paying around $19 total for the month including the half off card). I would do this over Gamefly because you can actually get a game you want to play and when you finish one you can go to the store right away and get a new game.

Netflix should get into the Game Rental biz.

I re-joined three months ago and everything has been going well so far. Granted I am only renting psp games; my turn around time is 1 day. I sent in dante's inferno on Saturday, they acknowledged it on Monday and I had MGS PO on Tuesday. I completed the part I needed to and sent it back that Monday and I received DOA: Paradise yesterday.

I am an avid supporter of Gamefly. I have been using it for years. They have been the best resource for me in renting and guying. With my discount new games are $45.xx You really have to learn how to work with their system. I almost always get new released. (Hint Hint) Send back a game a few days before a new release and you will usually get the new game as your next game. This has worked for me over 90% of the time.

I live in DC and my nearest facility is in Pa. It usually takes 2-3 days for them to receive and send out a game to me. I.E. they send a game out on Mon I get it Wed. I can't endorse GF enough honestly. I have just saved so much money played so many games, and massively fed my achievement whoring.

You can check my gamer score and see most of my games. I don't buy then often and I play all the new releases. But, results may very. Just my opinion on this.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']I had Gamefly for about 2 months and then quit. I am in Michigan and it would take a week (5 business days) for my game to ship back to them and then another 3-5 business days to receive another game, so I was without a game almost 2 weeks every time I finished one game.

Also don't expect to get a game you actually want. When I first started I had a queue of ten games and I got an email from Gamefly saying that none of the games in my queue were available and that I needed to add more games so they could ship one. So I had to add crap games at the bottom of my queue and those are the ones they would ship me. I never received a game that was less than 15th in my queue of games.

I e-mailed them after the first month and told them I was going to cancel because of these problems and they gave me a free month, but I still quit after the free month because nothing changed.

Luckily I found out about Family Video. If you have one in your area you can get half off game rentals for a month for $10 so with that a 5 day rental is $3 for 5 nights or about $28 a month if you were to rent every single week (which I don't do. I rent probably 3 weeks out of the month so I am paying around $19 total for the month including the half off card). I would do this over Gamefly because you can actually get a game you want to play and when you finish one you can go to the store right away and get a new game.

Netflix should get into the Game Rental biz.[/QUOTE]

You are lucky you can find the games you want at your Family Video. I've looked at renting games from family video multiple times in the past, but everything that is a newer release (newer than 6 months) is never available. In the end, I find hunting for cheap games that I can own is the best deal.

This is about the time of year when many people cancel their memberships. I suspect that is the reason for this.

Nevermind. Problem solved.

On that note, when a family member used GameFly before, I found the turnaround time lacking. But I'm considering giving it a chance still.. eh.

Last thing I'll say on this....

Gamefly is great, but its not the Netflix of games, not even close... nothing is though so its the best you can do for the price. Just don't expect 1-2 day turnarounds, and virtually every game in stock.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I agree it's well worth the extra price for newer releases. Sadly their website, and customer service kinda sucks. It's not like they're dishonest or rude or anything they just don't seem to have the resources gamefly does.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I use GF, because their service blows away the "competition." Besides, I have no issue getting the games I want. You simply have to know how to work the system. I always make sure to have an open slot on a Monday before a big release. I've had no problem getting games like Assassin's Creed 2, Borderlands, Alan Wake, etc.

[quote name='hpv']You're supposed to report it missing after 7 days. Why the hell would you wait 2 months?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not GF's fault.

In case anyone wants another opinion. I loved Gamefly when I had it. Being in the Tampa area (GF has a distribution center here), it never took more than 2 days to get a game and sometimes got them the next day. Also, I never received a PS3 game that was damaged or scratched. EVerything was pristine and the 3 used games I have bought from them are 10X better than Gamestop new/gutted copies since no one touches the boxes or manuals. They were basically mint but not wrapped.

Didn't Gamefly start a new system where if they got word from USPS that they have the game in processing, then Gamefly would send out the next game?

[quote name='dominator']Didn't Gamefly start a new system where if they got word from USPS that they have the game in processing, then Gamefly would send out the next game?[/QUOTE]
Yes, they dont have to have it actually at the warehouse before they send out your next game. But I found that it didnt necessarily speed anythihg up for me...but again I got most games within 2 days anyway.

I'm on the fence with their service. I live in NYC and the turn around time is about 2-3 days for them to receive a game and 2 days to send.

I'll probably stick with them a bit longer. Great deal though (my bro paid $50 for a similar 3 month deal).

It's really too bad that this isn't available for existing customers, but if you play many games over a short period of time, then GameFly is for you. I may have to cancel it for the fourth time just because I may not have the luxury to keep it anymore.... :(

I love Gamefly to buy used games from as well. I got a new copy of Dragon Age Origins for 360 for $20 and it had all the DLC codes still in the box not used and the case, manual, and disc were in pristine condition. I have bought many other games from them during there used sales as well.

If you are not near a distribution center then the turnaround time takes too long. And the USPS thing they do only works if the USPS hub that your game is taken to from the drop box has a special scanner, which mine does not have.

Like most of you I tried gamefly but it is disappointing when you go a full month without any game rentals or get one way down in the bottom of your list, if they ever fix there inventory system I say it will be a safe buy but until then it just a waste of money and time. I wish they ran more like netflix.

Gamefly feels like a huge waste of money to me. For one thing, they won't let you cancel your membership early. So I waited till the end of the month, forgot about the end date, and stuck with another month I don't want.

Also, the shipping center is only one state away, yet it takes a full week to receive a new game so half the time is wasted!

Gamefly customer service is a joke. It took 3 days for them to receive my games when I sent them back a day and 3 days to get the next one. Sometimes it would take 1-2 days for them to even send them out. The last straw was when it went 5 days after they received the games I returned and still had not shipped anything else in my queue. When I emailed them about it they apologized and said that everything I wanted was to popular at the moment and basically it was my fault and they weren't going to do anything about it but make me wait. You can google similiar throttling problems. I never have this issue with netflix. Now if only netflix would rent games I'd be set. It only takes 1 day each way with them and I seldom have to wait for much of anything and if I do they'll even on occassion send an extra movie because I had to wait. Anyway in short gamefly can go out of business and I wouldn't feel the slightest bit sorry for them and because of their sorry customer service after they sent me the same form type response after 5 times asking them to make it right.

The turnaround isn't as good as Netflix but they don't have as many shipping centers or stock. If you know how to work the system, getting new releases is easy and I save a bunch of money.

Turnaround time was a week or so for me as I'm in the middle of the country (although I see they have several new centers now), but I don't blame them, and otherwise the service was good and everything.

With my 100+ game backlog, obviously I don't need Gamefly right now, but I probably would have still signed up at the cheaper price, but I can't as an existing member.

Cool thing is they still preserved my queue!

Dang, I really need to start using them again.

I would steer clear of Gamefly. Not only is it almost impossible to rent new games, but lately they have REFUSED to send anything Available Now from your Q that is not in the top 10 spots or so. Its like they only look at the top 10 spots and if they dont see anything available, they get lazy and move on to the next guy. So on the 4 at a time program, I was ending up with only 1 or 2 games out at a time for DAYS! I'm not making this up, I've been a GF member for years.

I think I will quit them soon and just buy everything I'm interested in and immediately resell it on eBay if it sucks. It will probably end up cheaper and faster than Gamefly.

Wow, that's messed up. Their software should be sending something new out the same day, or have a toggle if you want to wait. Shouldn't be just sending nothing...

I was not impressed the couple of times I tried gamefly. Midwest shipping is slow and I don't "play the system" good enough.

I've never found the "availability" thing to really mean much.

Just this week had 2 games sent out when my #1 and #2 were "Available now" with a couple after it medium-high, but like #9 and #10 were sent out (one was "low availability" game)

Doesn't seem like much of a deal..

And it actually has the opposite effect on me at least.
Makes me not want to rent from gamefly at all seeing the 44.95 pricetag for rentals.

I am a current gamefly subscriber i think im paying 14.95 total for 2 months. (1 out at a time)

I justified this price because at the local blockbuster they are charging 8.95 for 5day video game rentals...LOLL??????

Damn it why didn't i see this earlier?! I decided that I would upgrade to the 2 game plan for the rest of the summer and then cut it sometime in September because I know school will be keeping me busy as hell.

bread's done
Back