Dragon Quest IX Guide 13.59$ Amazon

On guides: if you know anybody who works at best buy, the employee discount on guides is like 50% so you might see if you can them to hook you up. I work there and I got the FFXIII guide for $10 and I'm probably picking up the DQIX guide today because it's the same price.

The guide is great btw. I ended up getting it GS because Amazon said it was a 1-3 month wait. My kids and I have been playing thru the game (3 copies) and the game has been most helpfull

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Publisher: BRADY GAMES

No thanks, I read gouge my eyes out[/QUOTE]

Instead of basing the quality on the publisher, why not let the quality of content be your barometer?

P.S. I think that Amazon 'review' is a bit harsh. If the omission of those details bothers him so much, a 3 star review would have been more apt. An automatic 1 star review over a few quibbles to me is just reactionary.

[quote name='Takeda Kenshi']
P.S. I think that Amazon 'review' is a bit harsh. If the omission of those details bothers him so much, a 3 star review would have been more apt. An automatic 1 star review over a few quibbles to me is just reactionary.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's that harsh. Granted I don't have the guide yet (I pre-ordered from Amazon, it's shipping today) but having played 20+ hours of the game so far the thing I need most by far is detailed information on the alchemy system. The cross-reference chart the reviewer talked about seems pretty vital to me, and not having a mini-medal list just seems lazy.

I'll reserve my own judgment until I have the guide in my hands of course, but that review did discourage me a bit.

I think the review is harsh. I understand people being harsh on RPG guide, I am myself, but I've heard waaaay more good than bad about this guide.

I'm loving this game. I'm especially loving the customization. I like that your armor and weapons show up. I don't fully understand it, but apparently the "Style" stat is tied to your armor and allows you to get the initiative on occasion.

It's all very cool and of course, a lot of armor and weapons are crafted through alchemy which would make a chart of combination's and drop list a massive time saver.

So, taking that into account and the fact that the main story seems really easy to navigate, I'm finding this omission a major reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

I do applaud the work these guys do and I understand time constraints but this customization was a selling point of the game and a big reason I bought it. So, yeah.

Double Jump is able to do these sorts of lists for massive numbers games like Disgaea so there's that as a point of comparison. Of course, Disgaea has changed very little since 2003 so that probably makes the job a bit easier.

[quote name='Broseph']I'm loving this game. I'm especially loving the customization. I like that your armor and weapons show up. I don't fully understand it, but apparently the "Style" stat is tied to your armor and allows you to get the initiative on occasion.

It's all very cool and of course, a lot of armor and weapons are crafted through alchemy which would make a chart of combination's and drop list a massive time saver.

So, taking that into account and the fact that the main story seems really easy to navigate, I'm finding this omission a major reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

I do applaud the work these guys do and I understand time constraints but this customization was a selling point of the game and a big reason I bought it. So, yeah.

Double Jump is able to do these sorts of lists for massive numbers games like Disgaea so there's that as a point of comparison. Of course, Disgaea has changed very little since 2003 so that probably makes the job a bit easier.[/QUOTE]

while i agree with most of the things u stated, putting out subpar guide is not good (unless they give it out for free then I have no comment).

honestly, some ppl are way too liberal with their money and will throw them out for any merchandise. Don't encourage publisher/writer to put out low quality guide. It is not good for us as consumers.

p.s. this guide suck.. plain and simple. I will sell it back to u guys if any of u are interested. PM me for detail.

[quote name='Takeda Kenshi']Instead of basing the quality on the publisher, why not let the quality of content be your barometer?[/QUOTE]
I've bought enough BradyGames guides in the past to know I'm not being screwed over once again.

You kidding? That guide was awesome. I 100%'d that game with only using that guide, no internet. That's a highlight of RPG guides! lol

bread's done
Back