GameStop Free Overnight Shipping on BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3/360) With Preorder

Solidus187

CAGiversary!
Just got an email from GameStop advertising BlazBlue: Continuum Shift with this piece of info:

"Use our In-Store Pickup feature to pick up at your local store, or order online and use the coupon code: BLAZBLUE to get free overnight shipping."

I believe this will only work for pre-orders, so once the game is released this will no longer work. Personally I cannot recommend this game enough, so if you're interested in this game and for some reason can't go pick it up somewhere locally, I'd go for it. Their overnight shipping is probably faster than Amazon's free super saver shipping if that was your other option.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I have a hunch that this'll be available at a $30 (maybe $20?) sale soon after launch, ala SSFIV....[/QUOTE]
I honestly think Continuum Shift will stay at $40 for a while. Arc put a lot of work into the console release of this game, especially with the new Story Mode, and tweaked gameplay from the original/arcade release a LOT. It may not have as many characters/new characters as SFIV/SSFIV, but the character sprites in Blazblue are all hand-drawn (beautifully at that) and there aren't any clones like in Street Fighter. In addition, they'll be releasing three other DLC characters over the course of the year, and the online scene will be booming anyway. And no, they didn't drop any modes in Continuum Shift (a la Survival and Time Attack with SSFIV). In my opinion, Continuum Shift is much more of a bargain at $40 than SSFIV... But this is CAG, so I'm not going to try and convince you to pick it up at MSRP if you don't want to. ;)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I honestly think Continuum Shift will stay at $40 for a while. Arc put a lot of work into the console release of this game, especially with the new Story Mode, and tweaked gameplay from the original/arcade release a LOT. It may not have as many characters/new characters as SFIV/SSFIV, but the character sprites in Blazblue are all hand-drawn (beautifully at that) and there aren't any clones like in Street Fighter. In addition, they'll be releasing three other DLC characters over the course of the year, and the online scene will be booming anyway. And no, they didn't drop any modes in Continuum Shift (a la Survival and Time Attack with SSFIV). In my opinion, Continuum Shift is much more of a bargain at $40 than SSFIV... But this is CAG, so I'm not going to try and convince you to pick it up at MSRP if you don't want to. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm really tempted--the original was fantastic. It's just that I'd be even more tempted to grab it at $30 :)

Content has nothing to do with the price. Arc doesn't get to tell Gamestop/Amazon/etc. what to sell the game for. The fact of the matter is that this is a fighting game, that fighting games don't sell like FPS's, and that retailers want to move them.

There was some gamestop.com Glitch or something a long time ago and I got one coming to me at the low price of $31 shipped. If they throw in a $10 coupon I will dance a jig.

[quote name='kozu']Anyone know if this applies to existing preorders?[/QUOTE]
I sent an e-mail tonight (I should have earlier, but I've been busy and pretty lazy) asking for them to apply the coupon to my existing order. I'd imagine I'll get a reply back later today, so I'll let you guys know.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I honestly think Continuum Shift will stay at $40 for a while. Arc put a lot of work into the console release of this game, especially with the new Story Mode, and tweaked gameplay from the original/arcade release a LOT. It may not have as many characters/new characters as SFIV/SSFIV, but the character sprites in Blazblue are all hand-drawn (beautifully at that) and there aren't any clones like in Street Fighter. In addition, they'll be releasing three other DLC characters over the course of the year, and the online scene will be booming anyway. And no, they didn't drop any modes in Continuum Shift (a la Survival and Time Attack with SSFIV). In my opinion, Continuum Shift is much more of a bargain at $40 than SSFIV... But this is CAG, so I'm not going to try and convince you to pick it up at MSRP if you don't want to. ;)[/QUOTE]

Contaniam Shift has less content, and removes characters in favor of DLC. There are also a few palate swaps(clones) for characters, and this is a game with not even half as many characters as SSFIV. This game will drop in price really quick.

[quote name='DR2K']Contaniam Shift has less content, and removes characters in favor of DLC. There are also a few palate swaps(clones) for characters, and this is a game with not even half as many characters as SSFIV. This game will drop in price really quick.[/QUOTE]

Well good thing I'm getting Continuum Shift and not Contaniam Shift :applause:

They don't remove characters (Save for Nu but technically she is still there), Pallete swaps are just alternate costumes as far as comparison goes, and at least BB has all characters getting gameplay in tourneys and not just 6 like SSF4. Don't get me wrong, I love SSF4 and BB (and compete in both) but Continuum Shift has way more content than you are giving it credit for.

Source for the knowledge? Me playing CS since the arcade release and owning the jp release on ps3 :/

tempted to get this game if it does drop in price within a couple of weeks. Is it easy to get into? Couple of my friends tell me this is like an easy version of guilty gear (which i loved playing but still sucked at it)

[quote name='Irreversal']tempted to get this game if it does drop in price within a couple of weeks. Is it easy to get into? Couple of my friends tell me this is like an easy version of guilty gear (which i loved playing but still sucked at it)[/QUOTE]

BB and GG are very similar in terms of gameplay, and if all comes to fail Continuum Shift has a beginner mode control setting.

[quote name='Dintrao']Well good thing I'm getting Continuum Shift and not Contaniam Shift :applause:

They don't remove characters (Save for Nu but technically she is still there), Pallete swaps are just alternate costumes as far as comparison goes, and at least BB has all characters getting gameplay in tourneys and not just 6 like SSF4. Don't get me wrong, I love SSF4 and BB (and compete in both) but Continuum Shift has way more content than you are giving it credit for.

Source for the knowledge? Me playing CS since the arcade release and owning the jp release on ps3 :/[/QUOTE]

Obviously the guy you are responding to is completely wrong, but you've gotta be fair here: Top top eight in Evo had people repping NINE characters, and most of those are (according to the newest tierlist) in the middle of the pack, not the top. While BBs low tier is more viable than SSFIV's, I'd says that BBs top tier is more dominating than SSFIVs.

[quote name='SDC']Obviously the guy you are responding to is completely wrong, but you've gotta be fair here: Top top eight in Evo had people repping NINE characters, and most of those are (according to the newest tierlist) in the middle of the pack, not the top. While BBs low tier is more viable than SSFIV's, I'd says that BBs top tier is more dominating than SSFIVs.[/QUOTE]

I was at Evo cheering+competing so I know :p

But you do have a point there, I was mainly referring to SF4 not Super when I said the 6 character thing. Woops x//x

[quote name='SDC']While BBs low tier is more viable than SSFIV's, I'd says that BBs top tier is more dominating than SSFIVs.[/QUOTE]

AMEN! I'm looking at you Nu/Lambda.

[quote name='Dintrao']Well good thing I'm getting Continuum Shift and not Contaniam Shift :applause:

Source for the knowledge? Me playing CS since the arcade release and owning the jp release on ps3 :/[/QUOTE]

You're still getting ripped off the same regardless of how it's said.

Lets not talk about balance, CS is a joke in terms of it, and it's irrelevant to most people, lol. Developers are already promising balance patches before the game releases for those of you buying on day 1.

Don't buy this game day 1 if you don't care about fighters, price will collapse, and a considerable portion of the game is locked away for DLC.

[quote name='DR2K']Contaniam Shift has less content, and removes characters in favor of DLC. There are also a few palate swaps(clones) for characters, and this is a game with not even half as many characters as SSFIV. This game will drop in price really quick.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying so hard not to go into rage mode. For one thing, it's Continuum Shift- not Contanium Shift. Arc never "removed characters in the favor of DLC"- the characters aren't finished yet. People don't seem to understand the fact that Makoto is coming out so soon after release is because release date /=/ manufacturing and production deadlines. There are NO palette swap/clones in Continuum Shift- the closest thing is Lambda and Mu, but you would only say they play similarly if you looked at their sprites. They play completely differently.

As far as the character roster's size, keep in mind Blazblue's sprites are hand-drawn and take approximately three months a piece to finish. In Street Fighter, all they have to do is pull an arm out five feet to call something a punch. The way I understand it, Blazblue's sprites are like those little flipbooks you made as a kid, where you had to draw everything over and over and over again and when you flipped it it looked kind of crappy. Except Blazblue's sprites are that in HIGH DEFINITION.

So once again, no- I think Blazblue will keep its $40 price tag for quite some time. If you're looking to get the game at a cheaper price, you could always try holding out for a used copy via Gamestop's website- after coupon codes and the like, you'd definitely be able to get it for under $30 that way. But as far as new goes, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Has anyone heard back from Gamestop's reps as far the overnight shipping applying to pre-existing orders? I've had CS pre-ordered for a while, and I'd like to get the overnight shipping applied to my order without having to cancel and re-order :bomb:

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm trying so hard not to go into rage mode. For one thing, it's Continuum Shift- not Contanium Shift. Arc never "removed characters in the favor of DLC"- the characters aren't finished yet. People don't seem to understand the fact that Makoto is coming out so soon after release is because release date /=/ manufacturing and production deadlines. There are NO palette swap/clones in Continuum Shift- the closest thing is Lambda and Mu, but you would only say they play similarly if you looked at their sprites. They play completely differently.[/QUOTE]

Story mode is also as long or longer then Calamity Trigger.

It's the main reason why I'm getting it Day One, instead of Day $19.99.

[quote name='DR2K']You're still getting ripped off the same regardless of how it's said.

Lets not talk about balance, CS is a joke in terms of it, and it's irrelevant to most people, lol. Developers are already promising balance patches before the game releases for those of you buying on day 1.

Don't buy this game day 1 if you don't care about fighters, price will collapse, and a considerable portion of the game is locked away for DLC.[/QUOTE]

For the amount of changes and additions to the game, $40 is incredibly reasonable.

As ridiculous as it sounds, pretty much everyone is broken in Blazblue- that's how the game is balanced. When the balance patch comes out, I don't expect for a bunch of characters to get nerfed. I expect some of the lower tier characters like Rachel and Taokaka to get improvements.

If you don't care about fighters, you probably won't buy this game anyway, regardless of what the price is. >_>; I'm not about to argue the price thing again. You'll still have PLENTY of things to do with the game without the other three DLC characters. Plus, even when they release, it's not like you're required to buy them if you don't want to. A "considerable portion of the game" is NOT "locked away" via DLC, though I've already made my point about that in my previous post and I'm not going to explain it again.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Has anyone heard back from Gamestop's reps as far the overnight shipping applying to pre-existing orders? I've had CS pre-ordered for a while, and I'd like to get the overnight shipping applied to my order without having to cancel and re-order :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I still haven't heard back from them, and I'm considering re-submitting it later today if I don't get a response back during their Customer Service e-mail hours. As far as my prior experiences go, I've had luck getting free Overnight shipping when a C.S. rep wasn't able to convert my online pre-order to an in-store pick-up, and a $5 pre-order code applied to KH: BBS after I used 25OFF. So they shouldn't have any problems applying BLAZBLUE to your existing pre-orders, even if you used a code to bring the price down. :D

Pre-ordered from Amazon, but I wish Amazon had release day or overnight shipping. I guess I can wait an extra day with Amazon Prime because I still save around $6 for because of the Amazon discount and no state tax.

Either way, I really want to play the game. I logged a good amount of time on just the story mode (which had a story I found really interesting) and I'd like to see how the other features worked out.

Got a response from Gamestop just now. :D

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We have gone ahead and updated your order to allow free overnight
shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Ya know, if they gave another one of those fancy artbooks for pre-ordering like they had with the original BlazBlue last year, I'd be all over this. I can wait.

[quote name='Raye']Ya know, if they gave another one of those fancy artbooks for pre-ordering like they had with the original BlazBlue last year, I'd be all over this. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, without any real pre-order bonus, I think I'll be waiting on this one too. The game changes are interesting but nothing feels overly impressive for $40, especially considering the big upgrade SSFIV provided (though I'm sure they are both on totally different budgets).

Don't get me wrong, I love what Blazblue has been made into (second favorite fighter), but the changes don't seem alter the game that significantly. Other than the pure gameplay mechanics changes, they are only seem to be building up to what other fighters already offer. Expanded single-player isn't all that interesting to me, since the story in the first one was expectedly flat.

By the time Makoto is available, I can easily imagine this game dropping $5-$10. SSFIV was on sale for as low as $30 within a few weeks.

Street fighters price was so low because soo many people bought it on the release date, unless your looking to get it used I don't see the price on this Niche title dropping anytime soon. I would suggest waiting until Gamestop has one of there 20-30% off instock items promo as that will be the only thing close to a discount in the next 6-10 months IMO.

Also Blazblue's Characters are better quality then SSF4, when I play SSF4 I only end up with the same 3 people usually but with Blazblue I can easily master half the characters and become familar with them since the game isn't as daunting. There will be 7 brand new characters in BB, I think it was mentioned that 1 or 2 would be downloadable, that squirrel chick? Makoto? she was one of them.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I expect some of the lower tier characters like Rachel and Taokaka to get improvements.
[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='phantasyx']Also Blazblue's Characters are better quality then SSF4, when I play SSF4 I only end up with the same 3 people usually but with Blazblue I can easily master half the characters and become familar with them since the game isn't as daunting. There will be 7 brand new characters in BB, I think it was mentioned that 1 or 2 would be downloadable, that squirrel chick? Makoto? she was one of them.[/QUOTE]

Platinum/Platina the Trinity, Valkenhayn and Makoto were the confirmed ones. Not 100% sure but I also saw screens of Torakaka but not sure what she is gonna be :/

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm trying so hard not to go into rage mode. For one thing, it's Continuum Shift- not Contanium Shift. Arc never "removed characters in the favor of DLC"- the characters aren't finished yet. People don't seem to understand the fact that Makoto is coming out so soon after release is because release date /=/ manufacturing and production deadlines. There are NO palette swap/clones in Continuum Shift- the closest thing is Lambda and Mu, but you would only say they play similarly if you looked at their sprites. They play completely differently.

As far as the character roster's size, keep in mind Blazblue's sprites are hand-drawn and take approximately three months a piece to finish. In Street Fighter, all they have to do is pull an arm out five feet to call something a punch. The way I understand it, Blazblue's sprites are like those little flipbooks you made as a kid, where you had to draw everything over and over and over again and when you flipped it it looked kind of crappy. Except Blazblue's sprites are that in HIGH DEFINITION.

So once again, no- I think Blazblue will keep its $40 price tag for quite some time. If you're looking to get the game at a cheaper price, you could always try holding out for a used copy via Gamestop's website- after coupon codes and the like, you'd definitely be able to get it for under $30 that way. But as far as new goes, I wouldn't hold my breath.[/QUOTE]

Why do you keep acting like I care what it's called? I'm sure I'll recognize it in the bargain bin in a few weeks. If you don't constitute that as a palate swap then SFIV has none either, lol.

BB sprites are lower quality animation to make up for that. It's not GG bad, but still poor in comparison to KOFXII or even SF3. KOFXIII (fighting game expansion done right)has like 30+ characters to boot.

Makoto is finished and we're still paying for her. Game isn't even out, all this planned DLC should be on the disc for free.

Is there any reason for me to purchase Calamity Trigger (aside from collection purposes) if I'm already going to pre-order Continuum shift?

[quote name='Ma12kez']Is there any reason for me to purchase Calamity Trigger (aside from collection purposes) if I'm already going to pre-order Continuum shift?[/QUOTE]

Story Mode is so worth it.

idk if this was answered already, but this does work on preorders. i just sent gamestop the code and asked them to update my preorder and they said it's all good to go. it's fun to replace saver with overnight shipping. im so cag ;)

Get the Collectors edition, I easy put in 50-100 hours in the online, story mode, and challenges. There are also funny "episodes" Within the game that are fun to watch and you learn about everyones backstory. The regular edition is 20 bucks as well so a must buy IMO. I don't care what anyone else says its like playing a actual anime to me.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Wait, so the story in this game is worth investing time in?[/QUOTE]

Yea the story mode is actually very good, and it has some really funny moments.

[quote name='phantasyx']Get the Collectors edition, I easy put in 50-100 hours in the online, story mode, and challenges. There are also funny "episodes" Within the game that are fun to watch and you learn about everyones backstory. The regular edition is 20 bucks as well so a must buy IMO. I don't care what anyone else says its like playing a actual anime to me.[/QUOTE]

100% agreement

[quote name='Dintrao']Yea the story mode is actually very good, and it has some really funny moments.[/QUOTE]Then am I right to assume that the story mode in Continuum Shift is actually a continuation of the story mode from Calamity Trigger? If true, I had no idea that this game was a sequel. I thought it was more along the lines as a "Super" version of the original.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Then am I right to assume that the story mode in Continuum Shift is actually a continuation of the story mode from Calamity Trigger? If true, I had no idea that this game was a sequel. I thought it was more along the lines as a "Super" version of the original.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Continuum Shift takes place moments after the True Ending of Calamity Trigger.

[quote name='DR2K']Why do you keep acting like I care what it's called? I'm sure I'll recognize it in the bargain bin in a few weeks. If you don't constitute that as a palate swap then SFIV has none either, lol.

BB sprites are lower quality animation to make up for that. It's not GG bad, but still poor in comparison to KOFXII or even SF3. KOFXIII (fighting game expansion done right)has like 30+ characters to boot.

Makoto is finished and we're still paying for her. Game isn't even out, all this planned DLC should be on the disc for free.[/QUOTE]

You can call it whatever you want. I don't care, to be honest. I'm just saying- if you want people to respect your opinion and think you know what you're talking about, you MIGHT want to call it by its correct name. As far as the palette swap thing goes, I'm convinced you don't know what Mu or her animations look like. They're completely different than Nu/Lambda's, and not a few tweaks with a head swap like Ryu/Ken.

You've got to be fucking kidding me about that second part. I'm looking at Ragna's sprites from Continuum Shift right now. You wanna know how many hand-drawn sprites there are for him and each animation? One thousand eighty-two. HD Quality, mind you. In Third Strike, Ryu has 928 different SD sprites. Take from that what you will. As far as the roster is concerned, once again, every character is completely different, and it's the second game in the series. You can't be fair in comparing it to KoF XIII because that game has had 12 games before it to recycle content with.

As for the DLC... Your ignorance is mind-boggling. Makoto is in the final stages of development right now. Sure, we've seen gameplay videos of her, but that doesn't mean they have every animation done, damage scaling the way they want it to, etc. Like I said before, just because Makoto will be done close to the U.S. release of the game does NOT mean she came out nearly a week after Arc was done with the game. Deadlines for production and manufacturing have to be completed LONG before games' release dates. So in that time of limbo, a lot of developers work on DLC and updates for games today. Besides, if you're not that big of a fan of the game (which I can tell you're not) you aren't obligated to buy it in the first place. Plenty of people are going to have fun with the $40 game, and decide not to buy the DLC. It's a great game by itself, and you shouldn't NOT buy it because Arc is going out of their way to offer DLC. Sheesh.

You know, there's this game I'm sure you'd hate called Rock Band.

[quote name='aerozero']Yeah, Continuum Shift takes place moments after the True Ending of Calamity Trigger.[/QUOTE]

Yup it's not a Super variant like people think or an upgrade, it's a direct sequel :cool:

BlazBlue is the sucessor to the Guilty Gear series (hopefully getting a update soon), and they always had to release newer versions of of there games because they are painstakenly balanced for tournaments and just for overall quality.

It was mentioned that this game will get DLC updates for the balances if something is off so don't expect to see a sequal anytime soon because of this fact.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']You can call it whatever you want. I don't care, to be honest. I'm just saying- if you want people to respect your opinion and think you know what you're talking about, you MIGHT want to call it by its correct name. As far as the palette swap thing goes, I'm convinced you don't know what Mu or her animations look like. They're completely different than Nu/Lambda's, and not a few tweaks with a head swap like Ryu/Ken.

You've got to be fucking kidding me about that second part. I'm looking at Ragna's sprites from Continuum Shift right now. You wanna know how many hand-drawn sprites there are for him and each animation? One thousand eighty-two. HD Quality, mind you. In Third Strike, Ryu has 928 different SD sprites. Take from that what you will. As far as the roster is concerned, once again, every character is completely different, and it's the second game in the series. You can't be fair in comparing it to KoF XIII because that game has had 12 games before it to recycle content with.

As for the DLC... Your ignorance is mind-boggling. Makoto is in the final stages of development right now. Sure, we've seen gameplay videos of her, but that doesn't mean they have every animation done, damage scaling the way they want it to, etc. Like I said before, just because Makoto will be done close to the U.S. release of the game does NOT mean she came out nearly a week after Arc was done with the game. Deadlines for production and manufacturing have to be completed LONG before games' release dates. So in that time of limbo, a lot of developers work on DLC and updates for games today. Besides, if you're not that big of a fan of the game (which I can tell you're not) you aren't obligated to buy it in the first place. Plenty of people are going to have fun with the $40 game, and decide not to buy the DLC. It's a great game by itself, and you shouldn't NOT buy it because Arc is going out of their way to offer DLC. Sheesh.

You know, there's this game I'm sure you'd hate called Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

Owned.

Still have not played my copy of CT yet I'm tempted to pick this up. I do not know what is up with sprite fighters that I love so much. Starting to wish I had a job again. This unemployment business is tough.

So, my free overnight shipped BBCS is now an open order, that also says it's backordered. I've finally been charged for it now, however.

Is this normal for an online preorder? Is the backordered deal a misnomer, and It'll really ship out, free overnight-as-planned later today?

This is my first time reserving with GS online without instore pick up, so I'm a bit newb to this particular process.

Thanks in advance for the info! ^_^

i got screwed cuz when i renewed my edge and they gave me a powerup pro card they gave me a different # so they said i had no funds on my card. luckily i got it figured out, hopefully i still get it asap

bread's done
Back